On Uncle Kage

Discussion in 'Furries & Ponys' started by SWfan, Sep 9, 2013.

1. SWfan

SWfan
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

~ The wise words of John Smith

2. moT

moT
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Let's analyze this quote, but please make note that I don't particularly like or care for Uncle Kage:

Assuming that is referring to furries I can't help but to disagree, furries exist because a portion of scifi fans and some disney fans found they shared an interested in anthropomorphism and so they created their own fandom.

He's an organic chemist with a Ph. D in chemistry, and has two patents along with eleven professional publications.

Twice now I've had to try to make an assumption as to what John Smith is even talking about, this honestly isn't a very good quote, but unlike the first sentence I can't even tell what this one is meaning so I'm going to ignore it entirely until an explanation is provided.

Honestly I just can't care for the guy anymore than your average furry, but he's one of the only major people in the fandom who cares a bunch about bettering the publics view of furries.

Anyways, what is this thread even about?

3. SWfan

SWfan
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

It's about how Uncle Kage is a fa├žade created by fandom members to disguise the fact that it never had any trace of good intention.

4. Fraud Based Economy

Fraud Based Economy
    Expand Collapse
    Disinherited Nigerian Prince

Wait, are we talking about journal publications here? How old is this guy? And when did he get his Ph.D? Eleven publications doesn't really say much without knowing what the time frame is. Any Ph.D worth his salt will rack up 10 publications within their first 5-7 years, and that's not counting collaborations with other colleagues which can easily double or triple that number. Many college professors have upwards of 100 of them over the course of 15 years, due to grant-based research, Ph.D. supervision, invited papers, and more. Many have textbooks on top of that too.