Official Thread of this Video

Discussion in 'Hard Gay Shitpost Metropolis' started by Dr. Rice, Jul 22, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    This is it people, we have made "first contact," but it isn't aliens, it is a humaniod civilization within the past 200,000 years who built giant fucking arrows all over the globe that point to the Pyramids at Giza, which is a giant clock of the Zodaic that is based on rotations of the stars around Earth's axis.

Whoever these people were telling us, they were telling us something. I disagree with the movie's conclusions due to the fact if a "mass extinction" was that common due to earth's magnetic poles, then life couldn't live on this planet as it would die out so often due to us losing our magnetic shielding.

Though it is very likely that climate change destroyed this civilization as it is slowly destroying ours. And this what is left of these people. However, given shit is pointing to Giza and it is a fucking clock, it could be referencing something not related to Earth.

we need our greatest minds to discuss this shit

@Weezus Christ @Beefcake (you are our skeptic, watch this video and if you aren't convinced something is out of place, i would question your desire for knowledge), @CallMeMaggot,

and for the Space Fascists, @Flu, @Stormtrooper, @Solution this goes to prove we are not irrational, the something is wrong about our universe. Existence is going to be nothing but a struggle for survival, safety, and prosperity.

2. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    You already made a thread about this video once I think.

3. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Sentient Game-Boy Thingie
    Home Page:
    If memory serves me right, he's correct. Either way, I'll watch it when I'm off again.

4. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    This is the "science fiction story" that is true for our world, it is fucking Atlantis, get over it. By no means should this be reassuring to our nations or species. There are bigger problems for our species now, get over it.

5. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    What a load of crap.

Just one example, of the many, many...(quoting some guy, too lazy to write it myself):

The bit about the speed of light: the speed of light is measured in meters per second. Our modern measurement of a "meter" didn't come about until 1983. If you were to go back to Ancient Egypt and hand the number 299,792,458 to anyone, any scientist, any person, even an alien, the number would be completely meaningless to them. This can only be a coincidence. And not even a good one, the number they showed was 299.79613. Sure, the first 5 numerals are the same, but the actual number is in the 100s place, not the hundred millions place. This is just the easiest, most blatantly obvious thing I could point out. But I bet every single other similarity they try to point out is just as contrived.

EDIT: LOL! I just did the math myself, using the dimensions of the pyramid. It's 230.4m on each side. I did the little geometry problem he did there, and the number I came up with subtracting the length of the small circle from the large, is 299.817281. So I mean, not only is that two-hundred ninety nine, instead of two-hundred ninety nine MILLION, but the last 6 digits aren't the same at all. The only same numbers are 299, but they're not even in the same digit space, unless you take the speed of light in the units "millions of meters per second". But that's just one more compromise added to the pile.

Best moment of the video: 00:58:46-0:59:04

6. Harpoons

Harpoons
    Expand Collapse
    Fissure of Man

7. Lyle

Lyle
    Expand Collapse
    turtle

Pussiganda

8. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    What about the equations based on Phi regarding the locations of building sites all over the globe? What is your opinion on that?

9. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I do not care for this documentary's conclusions, but the amount of circumstantial evidence that builds up throughout this entire series points to the obvious conclusion that there is a part of the history of Human Civilization that has been lost and this civilization is trying to get our attention to Giza and that fucking clock.

10. Nouble Digger

Nouble Digger
    Expand Collapse
    FURFRIEND

bad artist, pls commission
    Put down the bong dude.

11. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Did you actually watch the whole video? By no means is all the evidence solid, but the math involving Phi on a geographical scale involving the entire planet? I'm sorry, but that isn't an accident, some ancient HUMAN civilization within the past 200,000 years built this shit and civilizations we know built things on top of these ruins.

Cause none of the people, especially the Egyptians, who are given credit for building the sites we know today built an giant mathematical monument the size of the planet to prove they existed in some point in the past. If you think that civilizations that emerged at different times in history, conspired to build a giant mathematical monument involving the Golden Ratio, Phi, you are the one who is fucking high.

12. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    My opinion is that if you play enough with the numbers, you can come with astounding relations just with the measures of the newsstand right around the corner on your street...

Let's take, for example, the work of Carl Munk, one of the most known "archaeocryptographers"

Quoting (again, too lazy):

Carl Munck says that Stonehenge originally had 60 stones in the circle, counting uprights and lintels. He then multiplies this by 360 to get 21,600 and says that this factors into the precise latitude of Stonehenge, 51 degrees 10 minutes 42.353 seconds. That sounds pretty good, except that the center of Stonehenge is at 51 degrees 10 minutes 43.84 seconds. And if you multiply these together, you get 22,358.4. Now divide this by 360 degrees, and you get 62. Not 60! So I guess the ancient druids got it wrong, they should have used 62 stones. Or maybe Munck didn't account for continental drift? Either way, the thing that he says is an exact match -- is actually not a match at all.

In general, you can always make impressive-sounding numerical coincidences if you have enough numbers to work with. Stonehenge has 30 uprights and 30 lintels in the circle, 10 uprights and 5 lintels in the horseshoe. So you could just as well use 60, 30, 10, 5, 15, 40 (total uprights), 35 (total lintels), 75 (total stones), or 76 (counting the heel stone). And throw in 360 degrees in a circle, 365 days in a year, 28 days in a month, 24 hours in a day, 7 classical planets, etc., and pretty soon you've got hundreds of numbers to play with, combined in hundreds of thousands of ways. If you're clever, you can probably make them match your telephone number. If you fudge the numbers a little bit (like the latitude of Stonehenge), it's even easier. If you take the 76 total Stones in Stonehenge, multiply by 365 days in a year, and divide by 7 classical planets, you get 3963. This very special number is the radius of the Earth in miles! Does it mean that the builders of Stonehenge used miles and knew the precise radius of the Earth? No! It only means that I tried putting numbers together until I got a set that worked out. Exactly the same thing Carl Munck did.

In the vid you posted, that Great Circle only stands if you allow tolerances of more than 50 miles in the locations, if you ignore the fact that those buildings or constructions were made with thousand of years of lapse between them and if you round up as required a lot of decimals in the supossedly accurate mathematical relationships...

Also, a huge ancient map carved in stone linking Nazca and Giza etc etc would have been way more convincing that some ad-hoc mathematical fumbling...those aliens/superhumans really must take some PR course...

13. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    So because of some poor math that is probably not as accurate as it needs to be due to we don't know exactly how old these sites are (which means that overtime they could have shifted geographically a few miles or reduced in size due to erosion), that all this circumstantial evidence put together, doesn't strike you as odd?

For example, do you really think that fucking boat people who arrived on Easter Island were smart enough to figure out how to earthquake proof their stonework? They didn't because they were fucking boat people, that stone platform was there when they arrived 500 years ago.

The evidence isn't explicit, but all circumstantial. Remember this, in Science Fiction, how do we try to communicate aliens: with math because math is universal. These people are using math to communicate with us and get our attention. All the mathematics that this documentary argues is related (even if it isn't the most accurate everywhere) involving "man made structures" on a global scale indicates advanced planning.

14. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Or just that numbers have the funny costume of relating between them through...u know...mathematics...

Again, an orbital representation of the planet, carved in stone 3x2 meters, and with all those points marked would have been waaaayyyy more convincing. And easier to do. And without problems of accuracy, misrepresentation or shiftings.

The aliens really have to work those pick-up lines.

Ey, I want my phone number to be remembered forever, a legacy for future generations.

But instead of engraving it with 1cm deep letters in a titanium bar, I'm gonna put the numbers plus my birthdate in sodoku form, with some imprecisions just for the laughs, and draw it with sand at the top of a windy mountain.

Yay!

15. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I never argued these were aliens who built this, but rather an ancient human or Earth civilization. Also consider the scale of time, it is possible things like your bars exist and have been lost due to time or simply not found yet. But until we accept the possibility that the Egyptians didn't build those pyramids, we aren't ever going to devote resources into finding anything conclusive like those titanium bars.

16. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Do you at least believe that the collective circumstantial evidence is large enough it merits further investigation into this matter?

17. Harpoons

Harpoons
    Expand Collapse
    Fissure of Man

[​IMG]

18. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Aliens, ancient superhumans, fairies...it's the same

Titanium bars don't corrode, and if you put one of those atop of the Giza pyramid, it would have been pretty obviuos. Without spending any resources...

The point is, we not only have to swallow the existence of alien/advanced ancient civilizations/whatever but we have also to accept that they had a weird sense of humor, and invested huge ammounts of effort on making their message to us as obscure, esoteric and hidden as possible...

And that reeks of implausibility

I mean...why? Why would you try to transmit an important message only with circunstancial evidence, when with much less effort you could have make so unequivocally?

It makes no sense.

And any good scientist accept the possibility that aliens/superhumans could have been make the pyramids. Or the elves. Or the smurfs.

It's just that given the archeological data we have, the % of likehood is really low.

Of course. Any subject in which we lack knowledge deserves.

The thing is, it's usually advisable to hold back the wild assumptions when you lack info.
    Not knowing how something was done, or why it happened, don't allow you to make weird, unfounded assertions and take them as true.

For example, 30 years ago we didn't know how ancient Damascus steel was made, nor we had the knowledge to reproduce it.
    Then, a couple of professional metalurgist banded with some bladesmiths, started to make experiments and nowadays we do better Damascus steel than the best ever made.

It would have been pretty ridiculous if 30 years ago, somebody had argued that because we didn't know how to make that steel, that means that the old indu bladesmiths were alien, or humans in possesion of advanced technology.

19. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    My fears on why it might be so esoteric is that everything obvious could have been destroyed and now what is left is intentionally left to be cryptic.

Or the nice pieces of evidence, like shiny bars have been stolen or displaced due to time (since these sites could be tens of thousands of years old)

Or the people who built this thought their system was good enough to get attention.

Still, I think this demonstrates that the universe is a lot more hostile than most are willing to admit.

20. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Man, if you have the technology to make huge things able to stand for milennia, like the pyramids, you have the technology to make a fucking explicit message, instead of playing absurdly cryptic, at a tiny fraction of the effort.

ein?

I think that the universe don't give a fuck, in the best scenario.

And hostile why? and how?

Ninjas everywhere, or what?

[​IMG]

21. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Maybe they did leave an explicit message, possibly at huge sprawling intentionally buried Gobekli Tepe, since if this ancient civilization did exist, then this site was likely made by them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Göbekli_Tepe

but we'll never know if we don't look at things like this and don't tell ourselves "there is something more to this, but what is it?" and then act upon such thoughts.

22. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Of course, of course...the quest for knowledge never ends...but jumping from weird conclusions to weirder ones is not a good advancement strategy

Answer 1: Wow, this is surprising, let's take a closer look!

Answer 2: Wow, this is surprising, it has to have been made by aliens/lemurians, it's the only explanation!

One of the two is bad practice, guess which one. And then guess which one the OP vid advocates.

23. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I thought it was clear, they argued it was an ancient human/earth civilization. There was a scene with an Egyptiantologist said he thought an "alien theory" was more likely than non-egyptian humans built the pyramids. I also argued this since I posted the OP, that humans who weren't the egyptians built the pyramids.

24. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Though I don't think it is unreasonable that when you see these ruins around the globe, see how they are related to one another simply based on mathematics of Phi (which is found heavily inside the pyramid itself, to the point where the Phi was intentionally built), and these ruins point to a giant astronomical clock at Giza, that after this you ask yourself: who built this and why were they pointing to Giza's clock? Was it simple vanity to prove they once existed or is it a warning about whatever destroyed them?

25. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:

Exactly what I said then. Malpractice.

Phi is also found in every (well documented in their building processs) european cathedral...do that mean that they are "related" to the pyramids?

No.

Phi is a really basic mathematical relationship, not only pleasing to the eye, but recurrent in a lot of natural structures.

Thinking that its presence in distant buildings is proof of those buildings being somewhat "connected" is as dumb as thinking that all the buildings containing a simple circle somewhere in their architecture are connnected between them...because u know, all that buildings contain the irrational number π !!!!

WOW !!!111!!!

Ey, that round tomato soup can contains π in its perimeter...same as the circunference of the moon !!!!

Too much of a coincidence, don't u think so? It has to be aliens!!!

If the lines of Nazca were an unequivocal map of the Valley of Kings, or if inside Angkor Wat there was a pillar with egyptian hieroglyphs of the fourth dynasty...that would be "pointing" to Giza.

That parts of the three of them seem to be built around one of the recurrent numbers appearing in the geometric structure of our universe, when you play a bit with the numbers, don't mean shit.

And what makes that theory unreasonable it isn't the numbers...it's the fact that some of those sites, like the Easter Island, hadn't settlements until less than 1k years ago. And the distances involved. And the lack of archeological evidence. And the fact that advanced technologies leaves a lot of traces. Etc, etc, etc

Are you saying that as late as 1500 CE the "lemurians" were still erecting moais? C'mon...

26. Rock

Rock
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Pretty boy swag'n
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

27. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I appreciate your skepticism at is reasonably found, but such thinking won't prepare us...

[​IMG]

28. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Nothing can..., except maybe sweet, sweet gay love

[​IMG]

29. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I take all I said about this back, @CallMeMaggot the evidence is clear nigger, something like Atlantis existed criticizing the speed of light part is fucking semantics. Not to mention the fact there is something like those titanium bars, it is those texts found in Pakistan and Easter Island. :gaben:

30. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I am bumping this thread with this video. Weird shit is on our planet people, time to wake the fuck up and become a Space Fascist for humanity!