Occupy Together

Discussion in 'Religion & Politics' started by Dr. Rice, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Hey queers, join a local movement today. Shouldn't there be representatives from ED in this movement? I believe so.

http://occupytogether.org/

2. Seku

Seku
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

bad bich
    Home Page:
    Hell yeah.

3. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Also if you do show up at an event and are asked questions by reporters, have simple answers that express something important.

For example: "Usury is evil and there are good reasons why people like Jesus were against it."

4. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Also there is NOTHING wrong with corporations, it is just the people who control them.

5. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    You're a fag for suggesting this. you and those occupy fags know NOTHING about the economy, and blame problems THEY create on the wealthy, who they are jealous of.

6. TheDude2894

TheDude2894
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

But corporate corruption is fuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn..

7. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I lol at you thinking I know nothing about the economy. Also, I believe some of them are not total bumbling idiots. Still, me and my fascists are still going to proselytize individuals at any local events.

8. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    You are going to go there and whine about executive bonuses while smoking salvia on daddy's dime.

9. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    No I'll say something like this.

Instead of ridiculous profits for the top individuals while the entry level employee makes on average 400 times less than the CEO and other board members. What if their large salaries were reduced from 400 times to 40 times greater. That redistribution of wealth would make their workforce much richer. On a grand scale, this would create a larger middle class (and a wealthier lower class) and thus a larger tax base. When the government taxes these three classes, more revenue is raised and more programs get funded. Over time this will create a surplus and then taxes can be lowered for all classes.

10. TheDude2894

TheDude2894
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

You mean...less money for us...more for them? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    I like my system better.

11. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    So basically what you are saying is "instead of letting the free market determine someone's wages, which are usually in porportion to their value to the company, lets take away money from people who earned it, create capital and infrastructure, and give it to a bunch of whiny little people who resent anyone who has it better than them". Redistribution of wealth doesn't work because there is a REASON poor people STAY poor, its because they are fiscally irresponsible. Remember, losers with bad credit got is INTO this recession. The tax thing is also equally ridiculous, you ever try to tax the wealthy? It doesn't work well, they're smart, or can pay people to be smart for them, and they will end up paying less taxes than you want them to do. You also have WAY too much confidence in the fiscal responsibility of the government, you act like not having the money for a program has ever stopped them in the past, and would just as likely piss away this money as its done with every dollar thats ever been given to them.

So seriously, enough with the prole whining, if you want money, work for it. No one fucking deserves money, but the lower classes will always scream at the government to give them money and make someone else foot the bill.

12. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    People were richer before the 70s? I don't fucking think so.

13. Seku

Seku
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

bad bich
    Home Page:
    Where the hell did you get that from?

---

Also, poorer individuals are usually brought into this world by poor parents, so getting a decent education is a bit difficult. Not to mention the constant state of worry for your budget causing stress, which is damaging to your motivation and emotional stability.

Among other things I'm too tired to explain.

---

Then why don't we stop providing tax breaks for the wealthy, and close the loopholes that allow them to live extra-splendid lives at the cost of programs that benefit everyone.
    [​IMG]

---

I don't see the problem with that, I mean, they've done it to us for so long.

14. Seku

Seku
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

bad bich
    Home Page:
    I might take the trip to NYC if the 'rents let me.

15. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    I don't know who I disdain more. The idiots who think picketing anything will help people or the corrupt assholes in suits.

So what you're saying is if the government taxes the rich then they won't even have enough to pay the interest rate on their debt.

16. zenkiller

zenkiller
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Swimming
    We were born into a "war" that if you wonder what a vacation to St Bart's is like, likely you're not part of the crowd. Those who have to get up, go to work, pay tax, and picket against suits, may not get the full situation...

17. Atomic_Joe

Atomic_Joe
    Expand Collapse
    Joevahkiin

Throat Puncher
    Home Page:
    Personally, I quit giving a shit before it even happened. I make my own money and don't expect a handout. I am not jealous of dudes in suits with Ferrari's. I don't give a shit about other people's finances."Picketing" is that type of useless protesting where the only thing that happens is people are seen. You can't leave one of those saying "boy, we sure showed them!". No, you can't because the guys you hate so much are STILL going to be rolling in the monies. Unless you dudes in all the protestings crap are ready to start throwing molotov cocktails and causing some real shit, NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE.

18. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    You obviously don't understand why we need a slave class. Your view on economics is wrong. You are inferior.

19. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    See? Joe gets it. You guys should listen to Joe.

(Also, if you wanted to peacefully stop [whatever] then you should stop voting for the same assholes. Instead of being retards and saying that the only decent candidates will "never get elected" or some shit.)

Please don't call them slaves. You're insulting actual slaves.

20. Seku

Seku
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

bad bich
    Home Page:
    :(

21. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    Seriously, poor people are dirty.

22. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    "boy, you sure showed him!"

23. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    oh wow hahaha

"Hard work will get you a professorship or a BMW. You need both work and luck for a Booker, a Nobel or a private jet."

"A C.E.O.'s incentive is not to learn, because he's not paid on real value. He's paid on cosmetic value. So he's paid to be nice to the Merrill Lynch analysts or the Wall Street analysts. So this is where the problem starts."

Nassim Nicholas Taleb

24. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    No it isn't about prole whining, public companies are pointless and it creates a system in which companies have more responsibility and loyalty to investors and stock holders who only give money as opposed to their work force, their customers, or their government who play a bigger part in creating a surviving business model than people who own shares of an already established system. Economic success isn't trickle down, it is a pyramid where the base supports those above them. If they continue to deny this reality, then they forever will be doomed to failure. There is nothing wrong with capitalism or meritocracy, but these fucks need to realize what they are doing is neither, they are creating a neo-feudalist society. And you are being fooled into their fascist ideology.

The reason we got into this debt is not because of losers with bad credit, it is because people were given loans by banks who weren't explained how adjustable rate mortgages worked, some didn't even speak English, or they didn't even have proper credit lines. Still banks were giving out these loans, then putting these loans into giant blocks and trading them on wall street. Rating Agencies like Standard and Poor were saying these banks were financially stable and weren't at risk due to their business practices. Now no one cared because they were getting hugely risk gambling off people's futures. Now a few bad assets in these huge trading blocks can devalue the entire value of the block. As more people couldn't pay off these bankers panicked and the economy responded to what you can imagine if trillions of dollars are involved.

25. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I haven't seen shit posted by anyone in here that actually suggests they know what they are talking about. Even Objectivism states there needs to be responsibilities carried out by business leaders, but we haven't even seen that in these CEOs. While I support successful people, if you can't be an economically viable business model in America without being a Robber Baron, then I don't want your goddamn business in my country.

26. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    You're all forgetting that all those assholes in suits are assholes in suits because the government is subsidising them.

27. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    You're still telling me people TOOK loans without first understanding them properly. They really need to do that, we can't baby them. You support a fucking nanny-state that dusts you off when you fall. Look, in all seriousness, social benefits like social security, socialized medicine, and wealth redistribution only work if the population is continuously growing, as more and more countries are finding out to their horror, and that is simply not sustainable. Quite simply, there are plenty of people whose lives are not worth sustaining. Its stupid to try and take the money of the rich, they tend to be much brighter than the people you are trying to give the money to, and will either find a way to stop you from taking it, or get it back some other way.

28. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Really they tend to be smarter? Then why were they giving out these adjustable rate mortgages to people who didn't speak English? Why did the Credit Rating companies then believe these banks with all these bad loans were economically stable? You say our society is filled with competent people, but class mobility has become a serious problem. Most people who are rich today got their wealth and schooling not because they themselves made it possible, it is because daddy's money made it possible.

I don't buy the believe that the rich are smart and deserve more money. Cause if they were smart and deserved more money, then no tax rate the government proposes will be detrimental to them surviving or continuing to make a fortune. But they seem to be hesitant to spend their money on anything other than property. Which while is a safe bet to invest your money, it really isn't smart as there are much better things that will result in higher yields in investments. But I don't find these so called smart rich people investing in things like electrodialysis desalination machines so I don't buy them being all to smart, just having daddy's money.

The reason why society creates safety nets is to PROTECT the assets of the wealthy, and when the government stops doing that. You increase the rate of crime against the wealthy. Like I expect worse riot in England in a few years as increase austerity cuts will further hurt the population. Police can only do so much until the masses realize that it would simply be better to take the rich people's food, land, and wealth. I don't get where you keep supporting the 1st and 2nd estate not paying equal taxes as the 3rd estate. But let me tell you something about last time there was unequal taxation between these three estates, blood filled the streets. If the rich don't bother remembering their history, they will become a statistic of it.

29. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    You are right, however small independent farmers do need to be subsidized instead of things like corn. Healthy food should be cheaper as it is an investment in our nation's health which will save more money in the long run.

30. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Subsidizing any sector is a waste of money and causes more problems than it solves. How about buying their products/services instead? That way the government doesn't cause any imbalance, helps out and might even make some money on the side if it's not run by American/European retards.