Observations on Lucid Dreams

Discussion in 'Hard Gay Shitpost Metropolis' started by I_Cant, Sep 18, 2011.

1. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

anyone else had any? post your observations here!
    I've had a few and here's what I can say:

text tends to be gibberish, in the event that it is legible it tends to be inconsistent (different every time you look at it)
    Digital Clocks also tend to be inconsistent, but traditional clocks will usually show the same time
    if you concentrate then you can change things, but if you concentrate too hard you may accidentally destroy the dream and either be thrown into another dream or gain access to your normal, temporarily paralyzed body
    you can easily lose lucidity again if you screw up
    reflections tend to be screwed up, but specular highlights (a type of reflection) are usually fine
    things may not be consistent unless you concentrate on them
    giving yourself super powers is easier said than done

2. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
  3. Immortal_Cake

Immortal_Cake
    Expand Collapse
    Noice

B.S. in Bullshit
    Home Page:
    Here's the truth...

When you're "awake," you're actually asleep.

When you're "asleep," you're actually awake.

Prove me wrong.

4. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

when you're asleep, you can force yourself to use waking logic without consequences
    when you're awake, you cannot use dream logic, not and live anyway

5. Sublime

Sublime
    Expand Collapse
    Everyone's Favorite Evil Bitch

Faggot Police
    I've never been able to lucid dream. My dreams are so...vague. It's like I'm watching from afar. I will have occasional vivid dreams: I had this one I can still remember, everyone is running from a monster (undefinable) and even though I'm hidden I know it's coming straight for me. The thing I remember the most is the gut-churning, gripping fear. I've never felt fear like that in real life, but I know how it feels from this dream. Very, very weird. Still, I can't control what's happening, at all. I wish I could though. Is it like real life, where you can walk around and do whatever you want? I wonder why some people can and some people can't.

6. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

my dreams usually are, more or less, there's normal objects and the situations usually aren't too bizarre (at work, at school, at the mall, driving, talking to people, playing videogames, watching a movie, etc.) but if I'm not aware that I'm dreaming then they tend to blend in rather unusual manners (doing something becomes me watching a movie about doing something, or watching a movie about something becomes me doing that thing)

occasionally there'll be something a little more out there, like flying, running an underwater obstacle course, or being attacked by Narutards riding legos, but usually it's pretty mundane, even if the sky is flashing red and yellow or everything appears cell-shaded or some shit like that.

but once I'm aware that I am dreaming I can usually make things calm down and stay consistent, last couple of times I lucid dreamed I mostly just observed things to see how accurately my brain was able to render environments

7. Meepsheep

Meepsheep
    Expand Collapse
    THEY DON'T PAINT PICTURES, THEY JUST TRACE ME

anime fan
    Home Page:
    Don't forget about physical abnormalities, that's one that happens a lot for me.

8. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

what kind of physical abnormalities? I mean, last night I was able to alter my own size relative to the environment, but do you mean something else? like objects having the wrong texture when you touch them or something?

9. Meepsheep

Meepsheep
    Expand Collapse

anime fan
    Home Page:
    Well, one time I noticed I was green and realized I was dreaming. Another time my head was much larger than the rest of my body. Shit like that

10. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

ah, ok. my body is usually pretty normal in dreams, except that one time when everything was cell-shaded... then everything looked like anime

11. Meepsheep

Meepsheep
    Expand Collapse

anime fan
    Home Page:
    yeah, it's usually p normal, I just have instances where some part of my body is really out of place

12. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

ah k, well dreaming is different for everyone.

13. Meepsheep

Meepsheep
    Expand Collapse

anime fan
    Home Page:
    tru

Also, have you read Robert Waggoner's book on Lucid Dreaming? I'd definitely recommend it.

14. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I might give it a look, but I'm kinda having fun figuring things out for myself, it's the thrill of discovering a world which you've spent a third of your life in yet know almost nothing about, you know?

15. Meepsheep

Meepsheep
    Expand Collapse

anime fan
    Home Page:
    Yeah

btw, how long have you been doing this

16. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I had lucid dreams occasionally for as far back as I can remember, but I only started getting really interested in them recently. a friend of mine was doing a report on dreams and asked me and some other folks to write down what we saw, that's what got me into it, and strangely enough the frequency of lucid dreams and even just regular dreams that I can remember increased dramatically. I guess it was because I became interested in them

17. Meepsheep

Meepsheep
    Expand Collapse

anime fan
    Home Page:
    I have also always had them, but it increased for me as well after learning it was a common phenomenon.

18. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

yeah, well it is your head after all, it only makes sense that it would respond to what you want it to do to some degree.

19. Ramsey Bolton

Ramsey Bolton
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

there will either be death, crying or something that happens in my future nothing ever nice really damn weird

20. 1H4T3NUMB3R5

1H4T3NUMB3R5
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Snek
    I've had one lucid dream...and I wasted it by counting down to three before forcing myself to wake up..been trying to have another recently. Not working.

21. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

maybe you need to watch less depressing media.

although I read that training yourself to have lucid dreams helps with nightmares.

keep trying man, keep trying

22. 1H4T3NUMB3R5

1H4T3NUMB3R5
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Snek
    lols, the #1 reason people want to learn is so they can have sex in the dream

23. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

really? I never even considered that.

24. 1H4T3NUMB3R5

1H4T3NUMB3R5
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Snek
    Yup, read about it. (the internet never lies) They go on to tell you that treating the people as sexual object morphs them into hidious monstrocities or they flat out ignore you. Like normal life, unless you talk to them and get to know yourself (cuz each person represents a part of yourself, or are a souless character with no purpose) So yea..your basically doing yourself if you achieve it since the represent a part of you.

25. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

really? because in my dreams other people are usually based on people I know, rather than any part of my own personality.
    that's if they have any personality at all, usually they just walk around idly.

26. 1H4T3NUMB3R5

1H4T3NUMB3R5
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Snek
    Sorry, cloud flare errors, Yea. Dreams are based on reality, free falling generally represents feeling out of control in life, guns represent power...etc. The people...(although the idol ones you described are considered soulless and no one knows their purpose. But the ones you interact with represent something about yourself, not just personality. Lucid dreaming doesn't change the people apparently, you only have so much power in them.

27. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I never meet anyone once I become lucid, they just vanish.

28. 1H4T3NUMB3R5

1H4T3NUMB3R5
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Snek
    hm, you should try forcing a love interest into your dream next time, see what happens.

Not having experienced a full on lucid dream i can't go on anything other than what I've read, it could be all lies.

29. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I've found it's not possible to have sex in dreams, try it, go on.. You will find that if you try to nail that chick next thing you know your in a cockpit of a rocket space fighter and shooting aliens or some shit.

30. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

They are all lies, you can think about cake and think hard about eating that cake tyen you dream about the cake, it never comes, it never exists, you cannot eat cake in your dreams if you intend to.
    Also never take a piss in your dreams, if you push a switch and a toilet comes up out of a trapdoor in the ground do nit try to use it, you're gonna piss yourself, unless your me.