Obese passenger forces neighbor on US Airways flight to stand for 7 hours

Discussion in 'News' started by Stormtrooper, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Sentient Game-Boy Thingie
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]
    Arthur Berkowitz, a passenger on US Airways Flight 901 from Anchorageto Philadelphia, had no other choice but to stand up during his seven hour flight. It seems the next seat over was occupied by a passenger so overweight that it was impossible for Berkowitz to stay in his seat. Now, Berkowitz is speaking out about the ordeal.

"I didn't fly from Alaska to Philadelphia on Flight 901," Berkowitz told consumer advocate Chris Elliott, "I stood."

The neighboring 400-pound man's body spilled over into Berkowitz's personal space so much that he was forced to stand for most of the 7 hour flight, and he couldn't use his seat belt during takeoff and landing.

"His size required both armrests to be raised up and allowed for his body to cover half of my seat." said Berkowitz.

US Airways apologized for the incident and said in a statement "Our intention is to offer the best travel experience possible. The details you have provided indicate that we have failed to meet our intentions." US Air offered Berkowitz a $200 voucher in compensation.

Source: http://www.gadling.com/2011/11/23/o.../?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl2|sec1_lnk2|115228

2. 1H4T3NUMB3R5

1H4T3NUMB3R5
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Snek
    fat people...their should be a maximum weight limit a person can be before being forced on a diet and surgery.

3. Murdoc esp

Murdoc esp
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

soy un vago de mierda....
    When fat people are traveling they should pay more, Even this happens once with a fat guy I know, he took the bus and they make him pay double fare cuz he was going to use 2 sits :awesome:

4. $$Trooper

$$Trooper
    Expand Collapse
    I'm $$Trooper, a badass commie nigger.

Dank Memes professor of Dank Community College.
    Home Page:
    wait, why is that fat piece of shit allowed on a plane in the first place?

5. Squall741

Squall741
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Every time I hear news about obesity news, I visualize about Michelle Obama and her campaign on obesity.

[​IMG]

6. Heskett

Heskett
    Expand Collapse
    Boyvinyl

Fellatio Aficionado
    83% of men in American are projected to be overweight by 2020. 70%-something of American women as well.

FATTIES EVERYWHERE.

7. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    That fat fuck should have been made to purchase an extra seat. Or fly on a cargo flight...

They need to use the fucking security screening gates to check the size of the passengers, just like they check the size of your fucking carry on. This bastard might have had a tiny wheelie bag, but his real "carry-on" was the 350lbs of lard inside his fat arse.

Charge the cunt a per lb fee, just like they do for bags.

8. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Should Americans have to have inconvenience themselves for their fat brethren? Hell no. Should we charge and squeeze as much money from these poor suckers as possible? Yes. I really think people should open their eyes and market directly towards fat people. They make up a huge demographic.

9. PJAMA

PJAMA
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Cave Watcher
    Home Page:
    Wow, I would feel the same way if I had to stand for 7 hours straight, and I'm not obese at all. I'm glad he got $200 to make up for it, otherwise he would have sued US Airways.

10. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

His feet would have no doubt swollen up some time into it causing standing up painful. But the problem here is, he should not be complaining about Airways, Airways should be complaining about his size.

11. Somalisgohome

Somalisgohome
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Honestly, I agree. A person who is going to take up 2 seats because of their lard, should be paying for both seats. Maybe if there was more social punishment and shame to these fat fucks, they would be more inclined to stop stuffing their faces and lose some goddamn weight. I don't understand how it's such a hard fucking concept to these people.

I used to be 200lbs, one day I decided to lose the weight. You know how I did it? I stopped eating so much fucking food, and started walking a mile every day. I dropped 50 lbs and have kept it off for the last 3 years. It's not rocket science, fat fucks are fat because they've made a choice to be lazy and eat like hogs.

Why should the rest of us have to put up with fatty shenanigans like this.

12. Tai Le Ree

Tai Le Ree
    Expand Collapse
    Tails Recolor

Home Page:
    The wrong person was required to stand here

13. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

wow. You got me very curious with fat people. I find that people that used to be fat are much, much more intolerant of them and likely to make insults. I have worked out with people who used to be 230lbs, 200lbs etc. And each time a discussion of fat people came up they sling insults at them. It confounds me.

Also, Walk a mile a day? what a pussy.

14. Haluh

Haluh
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

It's a wonder how this guy managed to fit through the doorway, or even past the aisle for the matter.

15. Somalisgohome

Somalisgohome
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Having been a former fatty, and having the brain power to realize that it's not that hard to lose weight, my sympathy to the fats is probably much lower than someone who was never fat before. Yup, only walked a mile each day, shows how little effort it really takes to lose weight. I would walk down to the local gas station pick up the daily news paper and walk back. Just that little bit, combined with eating less helped a ton.

16. CONTCOM

CONTCOM
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I thought they already did that for Qantas (as in make you buy seats if you're an obese creature).
    Also why didn't the guy ask fro another seat or just not let the fat guy sit down? When I flew home for Christmas, fat people would try and sit next to me and I looked at them and said "Find another seat because you will be in my personal space" and they would look at me like I was joking so I'd slowly look up from my book and repeat myself and then tell the stewards the same thing till either they gave me a better seat or him.
    I'm tired of these motherfucking fat people on my motherfucking plane.

edit: Much respect to @Somalisgohome for being a responsible adult. Good work on losing that weight.

17. Esther Nguyen

Esther Nguyen
    Expand Collapse
    azn attention whore

ED editor
    Home Page:
    Fat people are the scum of earth. glutinous scumbegs should b fed 2 starving kids in afrika

18. CONTCOM

CONTCOM
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

So are gooks.

19. darren

darren
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

I can't understand how they aren't utterly embarrassed spilling out of their seats. More time should be taken to mock them, might motivate them into losing weight.

20. polyonymous

polyonymous
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Standing for 7 hours helped him burn some calories though.

21. CONTCOM

CONTCOM
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

You know it wasn't the fat guy standing, right?

22. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    Yeah, PROJECTED. It won't happen, I know you're eating as much as you can to make it happen, but the rest of us will stay thin thank you very much.

23. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    WEll if we were mocking people for their problems, we would have to repeatedly humiliate you for your micropenis.

24. Web v1.0

Web v1.0
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Enjoy your totalitarianism...

25. 1H4T3NUMB3R5

1H4T3NUMB3R5
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Snek
    yes...your right...fat people should be locked up in a totalitarian facility until they lose weight....genius...

26. toxicmaniac

toxicmaniac
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

He should be eating more vegetables. [​IMG]

27. Marie Cuts

Marie Cuts
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Prostitute
    Home Page:
    All these fatties need to be shot.

[​IMG]

28. BLON

BLON
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Fat fuck should of reimbursed the other guy's airfare

29. Web v1.0

Web v1.0
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

What's your BMI? Has the BMI changed in recent years? How does we know that you're not becomming a fatty?

And if the non-blind please take a close look at the pic, he's really big. Please compare the width of his shoulders with the back of the chairs.

30. Manicute

Manicute
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

If there only was a way to transform fatfucks into energy we cud power cities for yers and stuff <3<3

xoxo