Obama doesn't give a shit about the Internet despite saying he did in the 2012 elections

Discussion in 'News' started by Dr. Rice, Feb 12, 2013.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    http://rt.com/usa/news/congress-executive-actions-president-958/
    [​IMG]

Why do I say he doesn't give a shit? Well besides saying in the 2008 and 2012 elections he supported Net Neutrality, which CISPA would destroy because how can there be such a thing as Net Neutrality with something like CISPA in place. So while people were complaining about Obama taking our guns away, which will happen after he can control the internet and can clamp down on any informational dissent--like footage of gun confiscation involving people being murdered in their home for resisting--he went after our interbutts. This is unacceptable. But what do you faggots think?

2. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    USGOV created the internet, now they will destroy it.

In other news, everything that goes over the wire is already being stored, and that is unlikely to change anytime soon. The only thing that legislation would do is bring the government's maleficence into the light, as they would have a legal (in their eyes at least) justification for things they are already doing, just not yet admitting to doing.

3. Massgrav

Massgrav
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Pariah
    Home Page:
    Amagawd! A politician lied to you?!?!?!

"And then there are the politicians: may every last one of them die violently and painfully at the end
    of a rope or in a bloody ditch, and may God damn all their souls to hell!"
    --Dr. William Pierce

4. umkemesik

umkemesik
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Internet Stalker
    Home Page:
    ermahgerd you mean a Chicago Neo-Marxist Negro Politician-lawyer from Kenya lied to you?

5. Massgrav

Massgrav
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Pariah
    Home Page:
    Are "Chicago Neo-Marxist Negro Politician-lawyer from Kenya" better liars than other politicians?

6. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Sentient Game-Boy Thingie
    Home Page:

7. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    In my opinion, this fuss over the internet, comes over money...and more of that 'moral guardian' bullshit, which as we all know, is a thinly veiled excuse for more government control.

Until 2005, net neutrality – a prohibition on Internet network operators from being able to decide what kind of applications could be used over the Internet, as long as they adhered to the standard Internet protocol that governs the way the ‘Net works -- was the law of the land. The open Internet was the principle leading the development of the Internet as the first open global communications network....and it helped drive the development of a host of Internet applications like Facebook, YouTube, and Skype.

I mean, lets be real, my niggas: there would have been no motivation for the developers of these applications to have expended time, effort, and in some cases, their own financial security, in pursuit of their vision if they weren’t guaranteed their inventions would have been able to work over any Internet connection.

Unfortunately, thanks to aggressive lobbying by telephone and cable companies interested in leveraging control of their networks to squeeze additional revenue from users and Internet companies in pay –to-play pricing plans, the rules have changed. Broadband Internet now is denied the same neutrality protections of plain old telephone services....and don't get me started on fucking COMCAST and their plan to set a 'data limit cap' per month, then r a p e you out the ass for any overrages. They often like to cite MMO's and online gamers for 'unfair useage' of braodband..well I'm sorry, if I'm already paying you for service..AND paying a monthly subscription fee for Xbox Live or Star Wars: The Old Republic..then you need to charge Microsoft or EA for the 'excessive' brodband usage.

Sorry for the Tl;Dr

8. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse
    2017 Faggot Of The Year

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    Using the Internet? Lemme check inside ya asshole.

TSA.

9. The Lieutenant

The Lieutenant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

The Lieutenant
    Cheapening important emergency powers of the office of the President of the United States is not a big turn on for me.

10. Harpoons

Harpoons
    Expand Collapse
    Fissure of Man

I'm sure the party knows what's best.

11. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    The reason liberals don't believe Obama is worse than Bush in terms of everything because it sounds like more of a tinfoil conspiracy than when the teatards called Obama a "secret Muslim Fascist Communist Nazi Kenyan with a radical whitey hating preacher." Obama truly demonstrates the failure of universal suffrage.

12. umkemesik

umkemesik
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Internet Stalker
    Home Page:
    Not better liars, they just get away with shit.

If Bush made the same Mistakes Obozo did, you would never hear the end of it.

They get away because they pull the Race card (Look at Jessie Jackson Jr, Maxine Walters, Al Sharpton, etc.)

13. Massgrav

Massgrav
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Pariah
    Home Page:
    Atleast Obama can read! amarite? ololololololool

And don't be sad.. some neo-marxism is good for you guys. Remember that happiness is mandatory and that the ministry of love is just around the corner.

14. umkemesik

umkemesik
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Internet Stalker
    Home Page:
    Yes, he's very good at reading a teleprompter, not so much at doing Math.

tumblr_lqmncljqxR1qf7e9fo1_500.

15. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Sometimes they are.

Now in two flavours: Blue Team and Red Team.

• Autism Autism x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  16. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    The illusion of choice. Fuck this gay earth.

17. BizarrePsycho

BizarrePsycho
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Livin' in a Gangsta's Paradise
    Seriously guys, this is a serious national security issue. I mean, anyone can put a bomb on the internet.

Look!

: (){: | :&};:

I am totally a terrorist now.

Damn emoticons.