NSA Plans to Take Down Power Grid and Blame Anonymous

Discussion in 'News' started by MrGask, Feb 22, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    anonymous.

NSA
    Reality

2. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse
    2017 Faggot Of The Year

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    Why would anonymous want to take down the whole Internet? In case people haven't noticed, Anonymous lives on the Internet. Most Anons couldn't go more than a couple hours being offline.

http://pastebin.com/NKbnh8q8 <---This is either a troll or some anarchist retard. Nobody takes this shit seriously, except the NSA and the media apparently.

3. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    Well, the problem with having no identity is that it makes it very easy for someone else to assume it.

I would not be at all surprised if "Anonymous" suddenly starts hitting civilian targets, giving the USGov the public outcry it needs to pass whatever new surveillance bills they come up with.

4. Zaichata

Zaichata
    Expand Collapse
    Here for the "Intellectual Debates"

Lazy college senior
    I read yesterday that "Anonymous Belgium" had hacked some sort of anti piracy company's site, and they left a message:

" Knowledge is Tree We are Anonymous We are Legion We do not Forgive We do not Forget Ecpext Us!""

Lol

5. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

whole point of being "anonymous" is that it could be anyone, there probably are a few of them who would want to do this, but they're definitely in the minority.

it's kinda like saying there's Americans who want to blow up the entire country, there are a few, but that doesn't mean America is a threat to itself (it is, but not for that reason)

6. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

but yeah, sure Anonymous wants to have people fear them, it's kinda a power trip thing, but they don't want to cause any actual damage, they do have some morals, even if they're not the same as that of NORPs

7. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

also anyone with half a brain would know to just change their DNS to something that won't be affected by this, like Google's or the OpenDNS, and the people who run the root DNS servers could probably use some safeguards, they certainly have the resources.

basically, it's a stupid idea, it wouldn't work anyway, and even if it did work you wouldn't find many people willing to do it.