New pokemon

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by SergeTrigger, Oct 15, 2013.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. SergeTrigger

SergeTrigger
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Miniature Kaiju
    anyone else pick it up? Or want to exchange "friend-codes" and all that nonsense?

or am I the only pokefag on the forums?

• OP is a Faggot OP is a Faggot x 4
    • List
  2. Milwin

Milwin
    Expand Collapse
    2013 Faggot of the Year

The Toast Cult
    Home Page:
    buying it tomorrow, I'mma fuck you up with my team of 6 F.E.A.R rattatas

3. SergeTrigger

SergeTrigger
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Miniature Kaiju

Is anyone cool or interesting going to get the game or am I stuck playing it with the guy that has "FAGGOT" written in rainbow letters below his profile picture?

4. Milwin

Milwin
    Expand Collapse
    2013 Faggot of the Year

The Toast Cult
    Home Page:
    You are forever stuck with me bby <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  5. SuicideKing

SuicideKing
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Planning a school shooting because muh feelings.
    No.

6. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Is this the new X and Y games? I havent played a pokemanz gaem since about 2002.

Faggots ITT

7. Linkermann

Linkermann
    Expand Collapse
    Plain and Simple

Pokémon sucks ass.

8. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Considering getting a 3DS just for this. Worth it?

9. Linkermann

Linkermann
    Expand Collapse
    Plain and Simple

NO

10. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Alrighty then

11. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Nintendofag

12. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

I've had an SNES medal for over a year and half, suck my dick.

13. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    All nintendofags are scum

14. Linkermann

Linkermann
    Expand Collapse
    Plain and Simple

NintenDON'T buy this shit.

15. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

[​IMG]

16. Maysam

Maysam
    Expand Collapse
    Pilot

(_)_)::::::::::::::D~~~
    Yeah, fuck Nintendo and its fanboys

(Said the guy who exclusively plays a game that is 14 years old)
    Whatever, I guess video games are still for nerds and their likes, as it has always been.

17. SergeTrigger

SergeTrigger
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Miniature Kaiju

I think it is, especially since the price drop. But I have a group of people I know irl and we all play pokemon together, so that usually makes it worth it.

18. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I will probably buy this for pokemon cause this is how pokemon is going to be out for a while, on this platform.

19. Petit Crouton

Petit Crouton
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

You should also get Ghost Recon in this platform, if you like strategy titles too. It's an underrated game and better than Waifu Emblem from the same category (not to mention GR generally costs 10 bucks in many stores).

There are other great 3rd party games on the 3DS, despite that the average Nintendo game is meh (because fuck spending forty-fifty bucks on a Mario or DK game with no replay value).

20. Petit Crouton

Petit Crouton
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

haha my team has a fucking T-Rex

and I can mug taxi drivers after refusing to paid the fine

10/10 goty

21. SergeTrigger

SergeTrigger
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Miniature Kaiju
    My only gripe with the game is the EXP .SHARE giving all your pokemon experience makes the game too easy because you spend the whole game 5-10 levels higher than everything else around you.

22. Nicole

Nicole
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Trolling
    This post contains spoilers (if anyone actually cares about the plots of Pokemon games).

I got my copies about a week ago (both, because the fucking games still only give you one save file, and I need one for storage/breeding and one for new games I might want to start), and... meh. I mean, Kalos was a better region than Unova, but not by much. I still don't think it was as big or good as Sinnoh or Kanto&Johto. Better than Hoenn, but that's only because it had too much fucking water. Also, the postgame content in XY is pitiful. BW2 might have sucked, but at least it had that world tournament thing, which was a lot of fun. XY barely had anything to do post-game.

As SergeTrigger already said, the EXP Share is FUCKING BROKEN. Like, holy-fuck, I know it's a kid's game series, but to make it that easy... My whole team of six was in its early 70's, early 80's by the time I reached the Elite Four. Plot- and character-wise... meh, again. I know Pokemon has never been known for its plots or characters, but they've been trying lately, and they actually did all right with Black and White (BW2 made no sense though). I feel the main villain of the game was wasted potential. I liked his and Team Flare's goals, and how the guy didn't seem like a completely evil person. Hell, he's right; the world is too over-populated, and it's nice to see Pokemon dealing with mature themes like that. But then at the end of his arc, he just an heroes/makes himself immortal/whatever the fuck he did, then rage-quits, and everyone's like, "Oh well, LOL. Let's get back to collecting badges." WTF.

Battling mechanics were nice. After Gen IV made everything SO slow and Gen V finally fixed it, I was worried Gen VI would fuck it up again with its fancy graphics and shit. But luckily, it's still nicely fast-paced. The graphics are really nice too. They're not pushing the 3DS to its limits, but they're really easy on the eyes. The music is excellent quality in terms of sound, but the tunes themselves aren't as good as BW/BW2, IMO. Most of it was pretty forgettable for me, except the Gym Leader battle theme, which kicked ass. It's nice that the regional Pokedex is so big in the game too, so we don't get sick of all the new Pokemon (especially considering how few new ones they released this gen). It's bullshit that we have to wait and pay money to transfer Gen V stuff to Gen VI, but hell, I can live with it. $5.00 a year isn't that much, and I admit that the idea of being able to store your Pokemon online is nifty. I also liked the Mega stuff, although plot-wise it made no sense when you saw all the new Mega shit in the postgame. Where did they all come from? I also wish they'd given more weak Pokemon and less OP ones Mega forms. Fucking hell, Scizor and Blaziken do NOT need more power, GameFreak.

On another note, the rivals in XY were useless. I'm sick of all these nice neighbors and childhood friends as rivals. Where are the assholes like Silver and Blue? I miss those guys. And the rivals in this game, if you can call them that since you only battle all of them except your opposite gender twice in the main story, have no personality whatsoever. They seem like they'd have interesting setups for them, but none of them really stood out. Why give you four rivals when they barely did anything with them? Black and White had half the amount of rivals as XY, but at least you battled with them frequently and they TRIED to give them personality. And while I'm ranting, why did they get rid of the seasons in XY? Those were kind of cool. Then again, at least they didn't do a RSE and ditch the night/day system. If they'd done that, I would've been really pissed.

TL;DR: Pokemon XY is decent, but it's not amazing. As far as Gens go, it's probably my third least-favorite. That doesn't mean it's bad, since none of the main Pokemon games (even Gen III) were really 'bad,' so to speak, but still, I was expecting better. I'm not sure what XY will do for the metagame. I haven't really read up on it much.

23. SuicideKing

SuicideKing
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Planning a school shooting because muh feelings.

[​IMG]

24. Nicole

Nicole
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Trolling
    This hurts my feelings and such. :(

25. Ellipses

Ellipses
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

It's a step down from Black and White, and I'm kind of pissed that I can't just transfer my old mons to my 3DS. The region itself felt very large during play but once you beat the game, just...eh.

At least I don't have to rip my hair out about building my wifi teams. Finally I can crush the dreams of twelve-year-olds with a wi-fi connection in a timely fashion.

Speaking of fashion, spoiler alert: Team Flare is the fashion police. pffffffft. I can't take them seriously.

26. Linkermann

Linkermann
    Expand Collapse
    Plain and Simple

Judging from this, I feel less inclined to wait for a 3ds emulator and rom rip to play it on pc.

27. n1bblir

n1bblir
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Fuck your new pokemon game. The only reason to play pokemon is to meet women who are desperate to get their pussies eaten.

28. SergeTrigger

SergeTrigger
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Miniature Kaiju

That's all the reason I need

29. Linkermann

Linkermann
    Expand Collapse
    Plain and Simple

Women via pokémon? Whaaat?

30. Anoncat