Need help deciphering article.

Discussion in 'Encyclopedia Dramatica Collaboration' started by Baya Rae 4900, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Unfortunately/fortunately, I don't speak fluent American. So I need help from Americans in explaining the following article to me.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-things-rich-people-need-to-stop-saying/
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-things-rich-people-need-to-stop-saying_p2/

At the end of this article the author doesn't seem to know the difference between government and society so I laughed it off as yet another American (albeit somebody who's nearly forty and has worked as a bureaucrat) mired in hopeless ignorance. But then I thought about the article entire and realised that it doesn't really add up.

Let's take the point he made in #1 and compare it to the one he made in #3. In #1 he says that government is society and society is government. He says that rich people need to fork over their money to the government instead of, say, actually contributing to society. In #3 he gives to major examples of fictional rich people, Batman and Scrooge, who are deemed "good" in his eyes. Yet both Batman and Scrooge are famous for not only not giving government their money but also, in the case of Batman, being anti-government. Since being a vigilante is the most anti-government thing you can be since it defeats the whole purpose of government in the first place which is to provide "protection." Yet, apparently, the way to help society is to give money to an organisation that is currently waging countless wars against mankind, waging various wars against its own citizens, is horribly corrupt, inefficient and universally hated.

That's not all. In #4 he makes the point that there aren't enough resources to go around and in #6 he insinuates (or outright states, I can't tell) that the poor will never be content, no matter how much help or money you give them. In #2 he clearly states that everybody's beholden to consumers (in other words the economic representation of society) rather than the government. There's probably a few others I can't remember at this point. Some of his other articles are seemingly full of contradictions and obvious sarcasm so/yet I can't make heads or tails of this.

Although the article has given me an awesome idea: every tax payer should spend their money on tax deductible things like business or charity (thus actually contributing to society, instead of giving their money to the mafia that is the US government) and see how long it takes before the government closes these "tax loopholes."

2. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    I was unable to read this, due to being trapped into staring at your avatar until my eyes watered.

Her fat eyeballs are staring right into my soul.

3. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Come now, surely you've grown used to that look, growing up with your mother and all?

4. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    True.

However your avatar is slimmer and more attractive than the whore who polluted the world with my presence...

5. 1H4T3NUMB3R5

1H4T3NUMB3R5
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Snek
    No ones ever content. its the humans desire to get ahead
    rich people need to invest in productive shit like education and other growth supporting things.
    your rants are boring and full of fail, i suggest we all invest in a solution to fix that.

6. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    ...so is this article meant to be taken seriously nor not?

learn2read

7. 1H4T3NUMB3R5

1H4T3NUMB3R5
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Snek
    Nah. I only read topics I give a fuck about. what some guy thinks about money isn't one of those

8. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

GBP Management Assistant
    Same here, rarely I LOL so hard that when I see his av, thank you The Member Formerly Known As Baya.

9. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Then why are you posting in this thread, nigger? Why are you posting in this thread?

10. $$Trooper

$$Trooper
    Expand Collapse
    I'm $$Trooper, a badass commie nigger.

Dank Memes professor of Dank Community College.
    Home Page:
    See The Member Formerly Known As Baya, the American Psychological Warfare Department deliberately made that article to confuse people with Anti-American sentiments so that when American comes and conquers the world you'll be the first to be gassed at some FEMA camp to stop you from citing a riot.

11. molb*

molb*
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Bulbous
  12. Rape Train

Rape Train
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Worst drug dealer ever
    At first I thought the problem was that you were reading an article on Cracked, but then I realized the root of the problem is that you're The Member Formerly Known As Baya.

13. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    The latter problem is the result of the former problem, no doubt.

14. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
  15. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
  16. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    I didn't bother reading most of that, but the short answer is this:
    the majority of writers for Cracked.com are white, upper-middle-class background, suburbanites. Some have a couple of experiences that they think qualifies them to speak for the 'poor, oppressed minority."
    They are basically the same people from the Occupy movement, but yelling to each other on the internet, instead of IRL.

I might read the thread and offer further insight in a moment.