Need A Business Partner (BitCoin - PayPal)

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by umkemesik, Oct 11, 2013.

1. umkemesik

umkemesik
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Internet Stalker
    Home Page:
    As some of you know I have an internet business selling ads. The website is completed, we were working on getting our page rank up (which I did significantly).

Unfortunately my fucking business partner is a big fucking moron THAT LET THE DOMAIN EXPIRE.

Anyway - Trying to get the domain back.

I am thinking of re-purposing the website to handle BitCoin transactions (it handles PayPal transaction now). It's settings allow a split disbursement when something is sold via PayPal. This can be set at anytime in the control panel.

i.e. I buy an ad, 15% goes to the website, the rest to the seller. A flat fee.

I would like to re-purpose this to handle things other than advertising.

What you think, ideas?

• OP is a Faggot OP is a Faggot x 2
    • List
  2. Twaek

Twaek
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Likeicare Krew
    How would it work with Bitcoins? I mean, look at AdSense and see how the transactions are nickels and dimes. A Bitcoin's over a hundred dollars, right? So will you offer a ten thousandth of a Bitcoin per click? And what happens when the Bitcoin value fluctuates again? Sounds like you'd have a lot of angry clients.

3. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Why would you NOT want to use paypal, in any circumstances?

4. Robert Paulson

Robert Paulson
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

most bitcoin micro transactions are in mBTC (milli-bitcoin) or uBTC (micro-bitcoin), so selling clicks for 100 uBTC a pop is within the realm of what's accepted. Its actually quite a lot. I'd expect less than 1 uBTC per click, actually.

BTC rate is always fluctuating. When it fluctuates down, it makes clients unhappy. When it fluctuates up, it makes clients happy. When it craters, it will make your clients an hero (and you should too) - so no problem!

5. Robert Paulson

Robert Paulson
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

The real question is "WHY", and I can't think of many good reasons, unless you're trying to avoid paypal's transaction fees. You'd be better off accepting payment in dildoes, tbh.

6. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    https://forum.encyclopediadramatica.se/attachments/0-jpg.31905/

• Autism Autism x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  7. umkemesik

umkemesik
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Internet Stalker
    Home Page:
    Sorry if I was not clear,

I am not looking for this site to be the same as the advertising one, just a general exchange for all types of services using EITHER bit coin or PayPal.

8. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

>headhunting on edf

I think it's a good idea, it creates a new marketplace of sellers and people who will sell their shit. It should be open to every type of sale possible, not just ads. If someone wants to sell their autographed spongebob, you can use the site connect with someone who will go out and find a buyer for a 15% cut. I can see something like that becoming popular.

9. Robert Paulson

Robert Paulson
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Since he's accepting BTC, he might as well put it on the Deep Web. And if he opens it up to all sorts of "transactions" it could become very popular indeed.

[​IMG]

10. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    There are advertisements on the internet now ? I honestly didn't know :preston:[​IMG]

11. Twaek

Twaek
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Likeicare Krew
    That seems pretty vague. What is the limit of legality of the services? Are you making a Silk Road successor? What is your plan in case of a Bitcoin collapse? What type of servers will you be using? What level of anonymity will you provide your clients? How will you hire employees? What are your plans for expansion? Who are your competitors? How will you advertise?

12. umkemesik

umkemesik
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Internet Stalker
    Home Page:
    Thanks, I think so too. The reason why I'm asking here on EDF is because you guys have more knowledge on the BitCoin/Anonymous scene. Something I would need access to if I get in Business.

Yus, all sorts of transactions indeed.

1. What would be the limit of legality indeed. I'd give you the answer to your next question if this conversation wasn't monitored by Obongo's SS.

2. Pesos. J/K, we will be using all sorts of currency, not just bitcoin

3. - 6. I will sit down this weekend and go through a business model. Good questions though. As far as Anonymity it will be whatever we can provide, I won't sell data because I think that hurts the image with the customer base.

Having the site (or a portion of it) only on the Deep Web are also considerations.

13. Robert Paulson

Robert Paulson
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Don't worry.
    You're already on the watch list.
    ALL your conversations are stored and will be reviewed, as soon as the government shutdown is over.

You're not only lacking in the technical knowledge you'd need to run such an enterprise, you're lacking in the basic, gut-level smarts you'd need to realize that this (cashing in on Anonlolfuckymous) is folly. So don't let us stop you, faggot.

14. Robert Paulson

Robert Paulson
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

obviously, none

the first rule of fight club is you do not talk about Fight Club

An hero

obviously, none

Threads like this one

eat more cheezburgers

shady Russian, Chinese underworld types. pansies.

Threads like this one

15. Twaek

Twaek
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Likeicare Krew
    Lots of people cash in on Anonlolfuckymous. There's all the people selling Guy Fawkes masks, Hot Topic selling merchandise of /b/ memes, Reputation.com, et cetera. As long as you are willing to throw away any pride, ethics, or basic human decency you ever had, you, too, can make money off of the le 9gag generation.

16. Robert Paulson

Robert Paulson
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

However, there is something the guys selling GF masks, and the guys running Hot Topic are doing differently from OP.

17. umkemesik

umkemesik
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Internet Stalker
    Home Page:
    Because technical knowledge is needed to start a company and make millions of others work. Oh wait....

ht_steve_jobs_action_figure_dm_120104_wg.

...No, you just need to know how to run a business and incorporate. Which indecently I do.

Also I'm not sure what technical knowledge you think I'm lacking, because any would be supplanted from the Indian Programmer I'm paying $10 an hour to develop.

What I am lacking in is (1) Contacts (2) Knowledge of the whole Deep Web marketplace.

The later I will have the end of the week.

Thanks for your insight though.

18. umkemesik

umkemesik
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Internet Stalker
    Home Page:
    @Robert Paulson I think a possible solution may be Peer-to-Peer Auctions, the network server would only store username/password tags (in order to find the auctions on the network) and ratings.

Still trying to map this out, while this would decrease liability from the company's end anonymity may still have to be worked out for the user end.

19. ArsePoetica

ArsePoetica
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

[​IMG]

20. Robert Paulson

Robert Paulson
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

neither of these fags would have gotten anywhere if their dicks hadn't been stuck in eachother's rectums since college. If your dick isn't already permanently attached to the rectum of a Steve Wozniak, you're no Steve Jobs.

[​IMG]

21. umkemesik

umkemesik
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Internet Stalker
    Home Page:
    lol this guy Asa is a faggot.

22. Milwin

Milwin
    Expand Collapse
    2013 Faggot of the Year

The Toast Cult
    Home Page:
    uhhh wrong thread

23. umkemesik

umkemesik
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Internet Stalker
    Home Page:
    Haha holy shit! Haven't done that in years.

24. umkemesik

umkemesik
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Internet Stalker
    Home Page:
    BTW,

I did a rough sketch-up on the app and posted on elance.

Several companies that are in the running to develop it. A Russian, Pakistan, and India Company.

The Russian company is quoting me at around $19,200 and three months. They have a perfect feedback score plus loads of experience.

The money is not out of my range, but I would rather see if the cost can be halfed.

The idea is very sound, and I cannot wait to get started. I already purchased the domain.