Muhammad Sex Simulator 2015

Discussion in 'Hall of AEpic' started by gizmo01942, Jan 10, 2015.

1. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse
    2017 Faggot Of The Year

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
  2. Boltman

Boltman
    Expand Collapse
    Rational Thinker

Thank you for your response. I realize it's sometimes hard to understand my message when I'm typing in a satirical style.
    I'd first like to make clear that I, personally, am not succumbing to a double standard out of fear. I could see how it could come across that way. A line to free speech isn't drawn at points of "oh, okay, if I step over this line people might actually give me a black eye", but rather at sensible points. Free speech, whether you like it not, is mediated by your society and by extension the people of your society. I mean, in order to live in a society, lines are ideally drawn by the society. I'm trying to get at the fact that free speech wouldn't be around if you could not live with anyone. Thus, in order to continue living with people as respectable and moral human beings, things are generally considered immoral by the collective. Sometimes this immorality is defined by law. Sometimes it isn't. It really depends.

I'm not really interested in getting into a philosophical debate, but the point of my previous paragraph was to demonstrate the parameters typically drawn around free speech. Whether or not people get offended by something is largely determined by the environment in which they were raised. People can end up getting harmed by this, and even without that, on a basic happiness-unhappiness scale, I generally see this as causing more harm than good. It's just not right. Why target people that have done nothing to you?

I mean, isn't the general attitude now adays towards religion something like "don't shove it down my throat and keep it at home/church/mosque"? What's up with the double standard of: "FREE SPEECH SHOULD HAVE NO BOUNDS!! AND THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO MY LORD AND SAVIOUR OF FREE SPEECH!" If you don't like the attitude, try to go about changing it intelligently and rationally. Don't just violate what other people deem unacceptable simply because you think you have the right to do so.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  3. gizmo01942

gizmo01942
    Expand Collapse
    Obama KKK Democrat Assassination Squad

The problem isn't on this end. The problem is noone is back-linking to us, in part because the site is blacklisted on many other websites. I couldn't even add an external link to the Wikipedia article. Maybe someone could negotiate with the wikipedos to get one link in, but I'd be afraid of that backfiring and leading to the whole article being deleted.

4. Boltman

Boltman
    Expand Collapse
    Rational Thinker

Double standards are everywhere, even on EDF. I don't care about the Somalians at your school. Obviously violence is generally unacceptable and immoral, too. That's not the problem. The problem is trying to start a fight for the sake of starting a fight. I mean, am I the only person here that thinks insulting people for the sake of insulting people is immoral? There is a clear distinction between immoral and illegal, mind you.

Hell, from the likes of it, I'd say that your classmates may have a leg to stand on! If you're trying to offend someone by intentionally picking on a sore point, why would you expect not to be offended in return? Furthermore, if you are the instigator of said attacks, why would they not go ballistic? I'd certainly be quite shocked if someone I've never wronged suddenly comes up to me and starts insulting me.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • List
  5. Arcticphoenix95

Arcticphoenix95
    Expand Collapse
    Secretary of Fast Food and Sexual Assault

McDonald's Human Meat Supplier
    Holy shit, boltman posts something that's perfectly legible? This is truly a thread of miracles.

6. Boltman

Boltman
    Expand Collapse
    Rational Thinker

7. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

Don't worry, gang. We're gonna work this all out, even if it takes us all night. At EDF, either everyone goes to bed happy or no one does.

8. Gaegogi

Gaegogi
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Reformation Camp #24 Guard #52
    You don't care for them, yet you defend them the very next paragraph. Ya ok

Anyways, you don't advocate for satirical works at all? You know, the form of comedy that has been present since the time of Ancient Greeks?

9. messyjessie

messyjessie
    Expand Collapse
    THE QUEEN

disabled
    @ilovejesus69 I agree with freedom of speech and expression but mocking a group of angry people is not the way to promote peace.

People get off on provoking a group of violent individuals by intentionally trying to get them to react violently.

If you know it's wrong to react to this game violently why would you rub it in a group's face that you know has a history of violence?

Some people set others up for failure on purpose to make them feel justified in their bullying.

It's really American of us to shove our beliefs upon another's culture even when they say they are uncomfortable with it.

10. Fraud Based Economy

Fraud Based Economy
    Expand Collapse
    Disinherited Nigerian Prince

And also

Uber, the "shouting FIRE in a movie theater" argument is a thought-terminating cliche. The pertinent response to that would be "Who in their right mind the would shout FIRE in a movie theater if there wasn't one?" Appealing to hypotheticals and consequences are rhetorical tactics which also happen to be LOGICAL FALLACIES.

11. wretchedgretchen

wretchedgretchen
    Expand Collapse
    School Bully

<3
    With a nod to uber who beat me to it (I was pretending to be dead, or in jail, or something today) for the lulz. Those three simple words render all of your arguments completely invalid. Seriously trying to debate someone under the divine protection of the lulz is about as intelligent as slamming your head repeatedly into a brick wall in an attempt to knock it down. And no, I haven't forgotten that you're a "troll" account. I just wanted to link that page.

12. MindTrip

MindTrip
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

13. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

First, who's promoting peace? Discouraging people from having an unreasonable reaction is not really "promoting peace".

Second, regarding provocation: do you recommend that a housewife not overcook her husbands steak so that he doesn't hit her? Is it reasonable to ask her to modify the behavior which is well within her rights so that she doesn't upset someone with a temper?

14. Boltman

Boltman
    Expand Collapse
    Rational Thinker

I'm not going to lie. I find the game offensive. I sincerely hope that my emotions are not clouding my judgement.

1) ok
    2) hmm, not really
    3) ok

See, here's where I personally draw the line. The people calling for the extermination of Jews aren't being serious. Many people would find it disgusting that people would even think about such things, of course. Generally, I find comfort in the fact that things said on this forum generally stay on this forum. A fellow forum member (tip fedora here) mentioned that you can choose to read this or you can choose not to read it. I said it doesn't really fit the bill in this case, but in the case of proposing to hypothetically exterminate all Jews, it certainly does.

Without a doubt people will be offended by the anti-Semitic statements on this forum. Are they offensive towards me, personally? No. Why, though? Because it's not a personal attack. Some people are offended by different things. That's just the nature of things. If enough people get offended by something, it is declared immoral by the society and declared illegal by the government of that society. An example of this would be anti-Semitism in many countries, Nazi statements in many countries, communist statements in countries, and now, in France, you can be punished by law for saying that you support the Charlie Hebdo attacks. In many countries, you can be punished by law for insulting Islam. Likewise, sometimes what's offensive to some people isn't illegal.

Now, let's rewind a bit. Let's suppose the people that were offended by the anti-Semitic statements asked me my opinion about this forum's actions towards Jews. I would most definitely declare it immoral. There's nothing wrong with that. It's what I'm doing here.

If you're going to go around insulting people for the sake of free speech, it can be legal. Can it also be immoral? Most definitely.

The point of free speech isn't to go around trying to offend people for the sake of offending people, and it's equally not valid to go around insulting people for the lulz. If you want a reaction, you'll get one. But, why though? WHY? If you don't like the attitude of specifically Muslims towards free speech, dancing around like a monkey with a flag in your hand saying "free speech" while spewing profanities is not the right way to go about doing things.

I don't like insulting people. All I've ever wanted to do on this forum is have fun and chat with people. Sure, insult people without fear of being killed. Why insult people in the first place, though? If you're just insulting people to smile at the displeasure of others, does that not fit the definition of immoral in and of itself?

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  15. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Regardless of where the line is drawn, it's up to said society to create laws so the line is visible. Being offended is more than enough for some countries but it's not the same for everyone. The US has laws against slander and libel. A lot of your examples utilize personal attacks and stalking, things for which very clear laws do exist.

Since we're on an international medium with no entity able to effectively enforce such laws, the line is unclear and some argue completely non-existent. I could argue that the internet exists as a society unto itself, and if the line this online society draws is enough to provoke violence from people who were unaware of its existence beforehand, who are you going to point the finger at. The one who speaks or the one who commits acts of violence.

One of your main points is that this is clearly going to cause harm, which it will. There is no doubt in my mind that ISIS will use this as an excuse to murder people. The sad and ironic thing behind that is the people they murder are the real martyrs. For each person they kill, more attention is drawn towards them, stronger efforts will be made to stop them. It's already happening, their entire organization has been crumbling at the hands of the Kurds aligned with an international coalition comprised of the strongest militaries in the world, and that's just this month.

They can flap their arms and get angry and kill people, but when you strip it down they are just digging their hole ever deeper with every one of their reactions. Much in the same way a person who reacts to insults with his fists digs his hole deeper by creating enemies that will come back for him later.

16. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

There is an overarching theme that is lost on the offended:

Expecting someone to have an unreasonable response is not the same thing as deserving said response.

17. Arcticphoenix95

Arcticphoenix95
    Expand Collapse
    Secretary of Fast Food and Sexual Assault

McDonald's Human Meat Supplier
    Because it's lulzy, what other reason does one need?

18. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

I'd like to pause for a moment and let you know that I love you @boltman

19. messyjessie

messyjessie
    Expand Collapse
    THE QUEEN

disabled
    Edf walks into a neighborhood full of angry black people. Calls them niggers. Gets hit in the face because they know better. Says why did you hit me? i was using my freedom of speech!
    Cause we know better and still expect tolerance of hate.

20. Gaegogi

Gaegogi
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

21. Boltman

Boltman
    Expand Collapse
    Rational Thinker

reason 1: for the lulz
    reason 2: being an ignorant shitface xD

22. Boltman

Boltman
    Expand Collapse
    Rational Thinker

spare me your bullshit /r/atheism quotes man. What the fuck do you mean it doesn't mean anything? So, when you go and insult your mother or any of your siblings, you think it doesn't matter? Really? I wonder how they'll treat you afterwards. It doesn't matter to offend people? Do you truly believe that? Free speech is something in our society. If lines are crossed it will break it. Be intelligent about it, because without boundaries there wouldn't be a society; there would only be anarchy.

Hell, if you'd like, I can pull some John Locke quotes out of my ass, too. Perhaps we could both be retarded in that aspect.

23. Hater

Hater
    Expand Collapse
    Cyber Bully

Director of operations at Authority

tl;dr

24. Boltman

Boltman
    Expand Collapse
    Rational Thinker

I defended them for the sake of argument. My mistake for not saying that.

Satire is generally good. Unfortunately, it can get out of hand.

25. Boltman

Boltman
    Expand Collapse
    Rational Thinker

Wow, have my works of satire gotten better lately, or is that just me?

26. wretchedgretchen

wretchedgretchen
    Expand Collapse
    School Bully

<3
    If you can't accept "for the lulz" as a valid reason, you are in the wrrrooooooonnnngggg place.

:frog:

27. Boltman

Boltman
    Expand Collapse
    Rational Thinker

28. messyjessie

messyjessie
    Expand Collapse
    THE QUEEN

disabled
    Wrong. we shoved it in everyones face. we didnt keep it "in house"

29. wretchedgretchen

wretchedgretchen
    Expand Collapse
    School Bully

<3
    I was speaking to boltman...

:picard:

30. Gaegogi

Gaegogi
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Only when it doesn't suit your narrative.

North Korea threatens violence in response to The Interview, a feature film with Hollywood budget, no fucks given. yet when a Muhammad Sex Sim, a crude one-person made game with almost nil budget is made, suddenly it's too much.