Movie Revie: Judge Dredd (Spoiler Safe)

Discussion in 'Music, Movies & Media' started by umkemesik, Sep 22, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
?

Was this review helpful?

Poll closed Oct 22, 2012.
  1. Yes, you have convinced me to waste $10+ dollars and two hours of my life.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No you stupid cunt.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Oddguy

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. umkemesik

umkemesik
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Internet Stalker
    Home Page:
    Its good go see it.

2. umkemesik

umkemesik
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Internet Stalker
    Home Page:
    Seriously though.

I was a fan of the Original Judge Dredd (with Sly). Decent flick, comical at times.

After watching the trailer for the NEW Judge Dredd I decided to check it out. I was not disappoint:

The entire movie's plot is in that trailer. There is literally only 2 locations in the entire film. The first scene is a little prologue and a shot at Mega City and a Car Chase.

The second is inside the Project - the rest of the movie takes place in there. Plot is pretty Straight foward. Dredd gets locked in with a Psycic rookie (she can read minds) and they battle it up to the Final Boss. scarred up hooker who turned kingpin.

There is a minor twist involving corrupt judges but that's it. Straight forward killing.

The movie can be compared to Punisher: War Zone in terms of fighting. It's not as bad as the expendables, the action scenes are pretty cool.

The uniforms look like the original movie/comic but are not polished, their uniforms are very tactical.

No complaints except there really could have used some moar story/objectives. It has the most simplistic plot I've seen in a movie.