Mom murders her husband with Hammer, now free after 9 years, victim of "‘coercive control"

Discussion in 'News' started by Rodion, Apr 9, 2019.

A very friendly community
  1. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

[​IMG]

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/apr/06/sally-challen-first-day-freedom?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX0d1YXJkaWFuVG9kYXlVS19XZWVrZW5kLTE5MDQwNw==&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK&CMP=GTUK_email

The concept of coercive control seemed like bullshit even though her sons defended it.
    I looked here for clarification but the best example of this was that she was 16 when she met him at 22 (but married and fucked way into her early 30's) he threatened to make her look insane & take the kids and she signed a really stupid ‘post nuptial’ where if she interrupts him or talks to strangers she gets 0$ from a divorce. But more importantly I love black weewee
    "Coercive Control" still seems like a strange concept to use for people to get off on a few years on a murder charge with absolutely no physical abuse involved.

#1 Rodion, Apr 9, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • oy vey oy vey x 1
    • List
  2. Fatal_Exception_0E

Fatal_Exception_0E
    Expand Collapse
    Hyper Light Drifter

cyber-police

3. Groyper Supreme

Groyper Supreme
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

"Coercive and controlling behavior" is grounds for justifiable homicide.

We need to build a wall around Europe.

4. fleacollerindustry

fleacollerindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Nononkin

Turd Polisher
    Home Page:
    >> she signed a really stupid ‘post nuptial’ where if she interrupts him or talks to strangers she gets 0$ from a divorce

He's an asshole for requesting this agreement in the first place.

She's a fucking idiot for agreeing to it to begin with.

When Feminists talk about "teach boys not to rape", what also should be taught is "teach women not to get sign really stupid contracts only because your biological clock is pressuring you to secure stable resources so you can start popping out babies".

E: >> "Mom murders her husband with Hammer"

• Like Like x 3
    • I Agree I Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

She can't blame her clock because her "kids" were nearly adults by the time she initiated divorce proceedings and when she signed the "Post Nuptial" she was in her late 40's.
    It's one of those cases were the real reason isn't legally justifiable (he cheated on her after being controlling) so they really play with the definition of "abuse", which is damaging to the real cases of domestic abuse.

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Diable

Diable
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

If everyone were to murder their partners for whom they deem to be "controlling" then everyone would literally be fucking dead.

This hurts actual abuse victims as the grounds for what is considered abuse become weaker and weaker, resulting in abused women and men to not be taken seriously anymore.

Meanwhile, there are drug dealers who committed no violent crime and are getting life.

What bullshit.

• I Agree I Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. Das

Das
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

What proof do they have of domestic abuse?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    • List
  8. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    She naile....bah, forget it

• Feels Feels x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Harpoons

Harpoons
    Expand Collapse
    Fissure of Man

Murder is totally fine if you can wrangle some kind of victimhood out of the situation, it's the European way.

• Feels Feels x 3
    • I Agree I Agree x 1
    • List
  10. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    lol, you might run into some problems around Spain...
    psychologist assesment, you goddamn autie

11. fleacollerindustry

fleacollerindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Nononkin

Turd Polisher
    Home Page:
    >> she signed the "Post Nuptial" she was in her late 40's

Holy shit that's even worse

Like, I can KINDA understand if she signed it as an naive 18 year old (but that's still not much of an excuse)... but fuck man, there's no excuse for her ignorance at 40+ years old and agreeing with/signing that shitty "contract", and I have zero sympathy for her situation.

I mean, it's not like having no sympathy for her means I side with her husband. In the grand scheme of things, this is not a zero-sum game situation... both were losers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • List
  12. ASSBLONKER

ASSBLONKER
    Expand Collapse

YA MON.... I AND I SELL DI NATTY CONGO SENSIMILLIA AND DI BLOODCLAAT BABYLON POLITICIAN SENTENCE ME LIKE A KILLAMAN....

• Like Like x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • List
  13. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

INDICA OR SATIVA BREDDA??

14. Lazarus+

Lazarus+
    Expand Collapse
    Verbal Laudanum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j6_H-PSml0
    Home Page:
    this actually happened to me

• Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • List
  15. Lovecraft

Lovecraft
    Expand Collapse
    Shots Fired

Walking talking meat.
    It does lend credence to her side of the story though.
    How fucking weirdly controlling do you have to be to make your spouse sign a contract like that?
    I salute the court for their decision.
    Now hammer-momma is free to dispense blunt justice again.

16. Groyper Supreme

Groyper Supreme
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

He had a penis.

• lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol x 1
    • List
  17. Lovecraft

Lovecraft
    Expand Collapse
    Shots Fired

Walking talking meat.
    You should date her.

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Shots Fired Shots Fired x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • List
  18. Groyper Supreme

Groyper Supreme
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

She likes the fat cranky nordic types -- right up your alley.

• Butthurt Butthurt x 1
    • List
  19. Lovecraft

Lovecraft
    Expand Collapse
    Shots Fired

Walking talking meat.
    You should definitely date her.
    Try to dress like a nail.

• Shots Fired Shots Fired x 2
    • List
  20. Groyper Supreme

Groyper Supreme
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

You're really boring.

• Feels Feels x 1
    • Butthurt Butthurt x 1
    • List
  21. fleacollerindustry

fleacollerindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Nononkin

Turd Polisher
    Home Page:
    On one hand, yeah, it proves the level of control he had over her, so at least it was sufficient evidence to convince a court of law to release her. That part I wholly agree with, but mostly because I agree with laws which uphold a certain spirit of equality and fairness that I personally value.

On the other hand, how weirdly irresponsible over one's own life does someone have to be to accept signing a one sided contract like that?

That said, kudos to her for making the willing choice to feed her husband a hammer sandwich through his skull. But even then that means there's even LESS of an excuse (on top of the others) for her to have signed that contract, because it shows that she could've chosen to resist her husband. She just chose not to.

Like, unless her husband literally had a shotgun shoved into her back to coerce her into decisions, I have a hard time believing that she concluded that there was no way out of signing that "contract". She was a grown-ass adult, she still could've said no, or figured out some other situation like requesting it gets notarized if it is going to have any kind of legal standing (which in turn could've become a situation where the husband would've been ass-out instead), or just any other situation which would not have involved her relenting to her husband's control.

No one is born into a controlling situation. Well, outside of one's parents of course... but even then people reach an age and maturity level to realize that they can escape it. Anyone who stays in a controlling situation ultimately does so of their own free will, and I simply don't have much sympathy for that.

It's my fundamental belief that we are in control over most our own lives and the things that happen to us. I'd say 75-85% of the things that happens to us is almost always the result of our own choices. And even of the 15-25% that we couldn't control, perhaps half of them are ones we can at least make a conscious effort to prevent from happening again.

Secondly, I believe that the less immediate a particular situation is, the more control we have over its outcome. Like, we can't control the consequences of a sudden terrorist attack, but we can choose to leave our home if it's the target of repeated terrorist attacks. However, if we don't leave, then we are responsible for whatever consequences that come from the next terrorist attack that negatively affect us.

Together, I believe that anyone who finds themselves in an abusive situation either got themselves into it to begin with, or can at least completely remove themselves from it. Either way, it was AND still is their decision to make. And yet, if they never took the proactive steps to prevent entering into an abusive relationship to begin with, or acted in such a way which actually kept them in one (assuming they weren't working in secret to escape it and waiting for the right moment)... then as far as I'm concerned, they've made their bed.

Of course it's not like those people need my approval or anything, or that my opinion on the matter changes anything. But if anyone wants me to feel sorry for someone due to the choices they've made as an adult, forget it.

22. Das

Das
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Works for me.

23. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Who will help the widow's son?