Modern Relations

Discussion in 'Locker Room Talk' started by MrGask, Jan 6, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    It has been my experience that modern relationships are based around one night stands that become something more. Supposedly in the past they were based on other things, like prolonged security, perceived genetic compatibility, etc...

It is my supposition that the increased globalization of society has created a perceived larger pool of potential mates, as well as easier access to them. Along with the large scale destruction of societal taboos on sexuality, the "always another fish in the sea" concept has gained more popularity. In this way, humanity has moved toward a quicker mode of determining mates (speed dating, slutting it up, etc...). The large scale proliferation of stories of metaphysical "true love" has also made people think that there is someone out there who matches their ideal of a perfect mate. As a society, this has led to looser bonds between people, as we look toward the horizon for the next best thing.

2. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Due to globalization I do feel that the nature of modern relationships have changed and not just in a romantic sense, but even in a friendship sense. I have made some really good friends via ED. People who I know will be lifelong friends in the IRL sense. I am currently writing a novel with one of them. We are also thinking of making an indie-styled film about EDF meetups which we dive into the nature of Friendship and the Internet.

3. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
  4. Doakes

Doakes
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

The world has become a more fast-paced place in modern times. This applies to every industry, and it also applies to societal things. Western-style relationships are not an exception. While the slower-era Victorian people dated and had sex after marriage, the modern society, on a much faster pace, places relationships on the fast track too.

5. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    This thread is infinitely more interesting than any of the other threads in this subforum and somehow the thread "what have you stuck your dick in" is much more active. Goes to show the median intelligence of edf.

6. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Just because you've slapped the label "modern" on it doesn't make you any less of a whore.

7. swishy

swishy
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

cunt bubble
    Modern relationships always make haste for the physical satisfaction and almost always never take precautions for those things. It's pretty upsetting because it's being glamourized by media and pre-exposed to teenagers, even children, who know no better than to do "what's seen on TV", not to mention there's never a need to become closer because you've achieved the ultimate level of "intimacy". I'm not one to talk but it doesn't mean I haven't learned and find it repulsive. There are the modern relationships that do survive and still do today but they're very rare cases.

8. jujitsu

jujitsu
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Main Mail Mayne
    YOU COCKSUCKER PIECE OF SHIT

Anyway I've always felt things about "modern relationships" (who said you get to call it that fuck you Op). first I blame the media, because it rapes the child's mind into believing it needs to do certain things like get it with a girl.

Jesus christ after the movie american pie, it has been fuck, resolve, fuck, resolves, fuck, resolve, and then oops I'm 33 now. I've been in 33 relationships even though I can only remember 11 of them.

I hate woman. Most men are worthless; however, some at least form honorable bonds.

I got friends i never see anymore, but i'd bleed for them.We have a bond.

Like said above Cunts, just slut it up, and expect everything to go right.

9. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    so u have failed 33 times already?

wow, I'd anhero if I were u

10. swishy

swishy
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

cunt bubble
    lmao

11. Voodeuxfy

Voodeuxfy
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I build cool shit, and investments.
    Home Page:
    The way that it's set up today, modern day relationships are set up on bullshit. Each side wants something out of the other, and it's a perfectly logical exchange. The problem is when the "mystical" side of "love" gets thrown in there. The past few, and current generations were born and raised on Disney and 50's fairy tale shit of a princess and prince charming setup, and in the course of an hour or two, living out the rest of their lives with nothing to worry about. Kids these days get in WAAAAY over their heads very quickly, and the worst part is how in this digital age, the concept of sexuality is even more prevalent.

Love doesn't exist, it's actually the general affection of two, or more, people who have the maturity level to overcome obstacles to suit the needs of those involved and spawned from the relation, be it homo or heterosexual in nature. It isn't that overtly complex uguu kawaii bullshit that's painted everywhere. The only thing that suits is for lulzy stuff we get to make fun of.

/rant

12. Beefcake

Beefcake
    Expand Collapse
    Best-selling author

Bro, I believe in a thing called love.

13. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    As do I, but I believe it to be caused by the recognition of compatible genes for optimal progeny. This could be triggered by pheromones, voice canter/tonality, or maybe over the years humans have learned to eyeball it? Who knows?

All I know for sure is that it exists. I have had some girls that stomped all over me in the past, and a couple of them I would still jump in front of a steam roller for. Even if I consciously hate them, my body will not let me.

14. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:

15. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page: