Mobile Gaming

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by ModSquad, Oct 10, 2011.

1. ModSquad

ModSquad
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Professional Gamer
    Home Page:
    Anyone here use their Android for gaming?
    Personally I use mine for emulation rather than playing actual shit games on the market.

You could probably google the emulators and download the .apk file to install it on your phones.

Here's what I use
    PSX4Droid or FPse for PS1 emulation
    GameBoid
    GBCoid
    SNESoid
    N64oid or Real64

If you guys get a chance, look up Mobile Story on the Android Store. It's making a hit now since Apple removed this app from their store. Probably hit too close to home imo.

2. Beefcake

Beefcake
    Expand Collapse
    Best-selling author

I tried playing SNES games on my android, but the lack of buttons really doesn't work for me. I could hardly finish the first world of Super Mario World.

3. Chainsaw surgeon

Chainsaw surgeon
    Expand Collapse
    EDF's anal hookworm

cockless
    i prefer emulating all my shit on the PSP.

4. ModSquad

ModSquad
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Professional Gamer
    Home Page:
    I used to emulate my shit on my PSP up until my joystick got fried, now whenever I play something that uses the joystick games go weird like.
    /Too lazy to re-mod another PSP

Games like Super Mario World may be tough, but Super Mario RPG - Legend of 7 Stars works perfectly. Turn based games work awesome.

5. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Unfortunately the only Android phone suitable for emulating games is the Xperia play..
    my favorites are platformers, and there's just no cutting the mustard with touchscreen buttons,
    and i do not want to have some gay ass buttons that i have to stick on just to be able to play properly (you know those capacitive gamepad buttons that they sell for Iphone and Ipod Touch)
    because it destroys the point of whipping it out, playing a bit, then putting it away, unless they really rework the sensitivity to account for whether or not somebody deliberately presses a button.

the whole problem, just lies in the fact that vibrating the phone when you press a button doesn't help much there is still a delay and it feels annoying.
    you need buttons you can feel because you cannot see through your fingers, i will probably snag an Xperia play simply because i am just not impressed with the PSP and how easily it broke for both the 1000 and 2000.
    Fuck it, Gameboy Advance needs to come back.