MMORPG Security

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by n1bblir, Aug 31, 2012.

1. n1bblir

n1bblir
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I'm wondering exactly who thinks of these measures for security for every single MMO game. It's like they have more security layers than a banking website. Any time any network is slightly different from the original login location, the servers seem to deny access, lock the account, etc. As if people don't you know, roam around with their laptops going to other places! I mean who does that?? This happens with like everything now.

And security keys, I would say it would be a big scam on the part of World of Warcraft since they sell them, but games like Star Wars The Old Republic now give them for free. Security keys should be reserved only for like the upmost security purposes for people working at NASA and shit, not to play fucking MMOs. All the precious info on accounts (if they are hacked) is normally not totally given on the personal account side anyway, people can't see the whole piece of credit card information within the account.

So what is the benefit of this? I for the life of me can't think of anyone who would need this much security. Something tells me people who get hacked most of the time are these retards who share their accounts or give any information to anyone simply because they ask for it. What do you think is this whole thing over blown or what?

2. Heskett

Heskett
    Expand Collapse
    Boyvinyl

Fellatio Aficionado
    If only all companies were crazy about their MMO's security. Fucking SEGA and their dependence on GAMEGUARD. yuck