Microaggressions Haw Haw

Discussion in 'Religion & Politics' started by molb*, Jan 11, 2012.

1. molb*

molb*
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Bulbous
    http://microaggressions.com/

Microaggression is the idea that specific interactions between those of different races, cultures, or genders can be interpreted as non-physical aggression. The term was first coined by American psychiatrist Chester M. Pierce[1] and described as, "brief and commonplace daily verbal, behavioral, or environmental indignities, whether intentional or unintentional, that communicate hostile, derogatory, or negative racial slights and insults toward people of other races.

Has anyone seen this hugbox yet?

"
    I have an older sister, who likes to work out at the gym everyday. On the other side, I usually go no more than twice a week. However, my parents insist on me doing tasks such as carrying heavy bags or furniture when we move.

The worst thing is that my sister also sees it as something natural: men must do the hard job. I’m a 18 year old man, and she’s a 21 year old woman. Made me sad and confused. Why do genitals need to determine our roles?"

"
    I am walking around JCPenney when I see they have a dedicated section of t-shirts with game motifs on it for a decent price. I rush over to grab some, but they are all too big for me. Why? Because the shirts are only in men’s sizes, and no videogame shirts are available for women."

"
    I’m raising my son so that he’ll be a good husband to his wife and a good father to his children.

Said by a woman in my social welfare class. It made me feel angry and annoyed that she assumes her son is going to grow up heterosexual and that he will want to get married and have children. It also made me feel like my asexuality had been ignored and erased. "

"
    A girl in my English class says, “You’re Chinese, right? Have you ever eaten dog?” When I inform her that I’m actually Korean, her response is a dismissive “Whatever.”

I was 20 and in my sophomore year of university in Los Angeles. Made me feel angry that she considered my culture interchangeable with another, and embarrassed because gaegogi (dog meat) makes regular appearances on my grandparents’ table in Korea. "

"
    You need to get out of your comfort zone.

An acquaintance when I told her that I didn’t want to perform my character in a play as a female. I am a trans guy, pre-everything, living in a women’s dorm and being referred to as a woman 24/7."

My favorite:
    "
    Lesbians shouldn’t be allowed to use sex toys, they made their choice. "

2. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Some people just need to vent out their frustrations. Sometimes people don't have anything to be frustrated about so their brain becomes real sensitive to minor frustrations. Sometimes people's misdirected antipathy towards minor frustrations is the result of larger, more traumatising problems which they refuse to face.

3. Helix

Helix
    Expand Collapse
    resident stoner

College, mang
    Home Page:
    I think that if 90% of the lawyers and 100% of the psychiatrists were rounded up and shot, the u.s would be better off for it. I mean, think, you would have to actually deal with your problems and man up instead of suing or having to come up with a disorder to explain why you're whiney and fat, and have no friends.

4. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    These people have been conditioned not to man up. The psychiatrists and lawyers are nothing but extensions of the real problem, the system.

5. Helix

Helix
    Expand Collapse
    resident stoner

College, mang
    Home Page:
    I'm just glad my dad slapped some sense into me when I was growing up. I get more grateful every day that he was a total hardass, though I suppose it's because he's Scandinavian.

6. Moscow

Moscow
    Expand Collapse
    It's not just about football

Judging you
    Home Page:
    vikings ftw.

7. Helix

Helix
    Expand Collapse
    resident stoner

College, mang
    Home Page:
    Well, he's a Finn, but close enough!

8. Moscow

Moscow
    Expand Collapse
    It's not just about football

Judging you
    Home Page:
    kind of like a viking 'lite'?

9. Helix

Helix
    Expand Collapse
    resident stoner

College, mang
    Home Page:
    No, we're just as hardy, we just never invented pointy helmets or pcp.

10. $$Trooper

$$Trooper
    Expand Collapse
    I'm $$Trooper, a badass commie nigger.

Dank Memes professor of Dank Community College.
    Home Page:
    When i establish my Fourth Reich these sorts of people will be the first against the wall.
    then the bronies.

11. Helix

Helix
    Expand Collapse
    resident stoner

College, mang
    Home Page:
    I keep browsing the site and it makes me rage so hard

12. Weezus Christ

Weezus Christ
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Savior