Megamind by Dreamworks

Discussion in 'Music, Movies & Media' started by ExplosiveDiareah, Apr 29, 2012.

1. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Megamind is the worst animated movie since Disney Pixar's Cars.
    It's a bad terrible movie and less than a year after it we ended up with Despicable Me
    Which is essentially the same fucking shit.
    I could have easily mistaken it for that shit meet the robinsons which didn't make any sense.
    I could have easily mistaken it for a sequel of megamind or something.

DrMusic2 also likes Megamind, ALLOT
    the movie revolves around outdated Hero Villain stuff which The Incredibles did a far better job at highlighting 6 years ago, and it was far more believable, and the villain had a proper logic as to why he did bad things.

Megamind is all Invader Zim shit with Being Evil for Evils sake and being Good for goods sake, and nothing else, it has shit jokes like Monsters vs Aliens, a Movie i found amazingly boring.

Why do animated films these days suck so much ass?

Toy Story 3 is the only good one i remember to come out recently, besides Bolt which was not bad even though furries are all over it (sadly)
    Oh wait, Puss n Boots that is a good one. haven't seen Tin Tin yet.

Tangled
    Gnomeo and Juliet

What is with this shit? lets not forget Alpha and Omega.

Why do we have to put up with such terrible CGI films? why are they all doing the same shit? being intentionally campy with forced sarcasm from start to finish unfunny culture jokes and jokes about cliches, how about not having cliches and doing something organic for a plot for once?
    How to train your Dragon is now a Live show, what made that so special to deserve a play? Puss n Boots was more entertaining than HTTYD go make a play about something else.

2. Bass

Bass
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Better than you
    You're critiquing a movie aimed at children. Of course it's going to be stupid, kids are stupid and have virtually no attention span. Toy Story 3 was good because it wasn't written for kids, it was written for the adults who grew up with the previous 2. Up was good because Pixar never said it was a kid's movie and was their attempt as "CG for grown ups." Pixar took a huge chunk of their marketing and design from Apple - rehash the same shit and watch it sell like hotcakes at a fatty convention. Sure, every now and then they come out with something good, but for the most part they're going to keep re-releasing the same money-making formula for kids to eat up year after year.

3. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

GBP Management Assistant
    They're 99% shit, Yiff, specially since the professional voice actors were replaced by b-list celebs who don't know shit about voiceover work. You should only watch these kinds of movies when you're on a date with a braindead dumbass.

4. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I'm more puzzled why Yiff wasted his time to make a thread to rant about Megamind.

Dreamworks rarely does any quality animated movie.

5. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

@Bass I loved Toy Story 3 but even the first 2 were good films, they are just really different and classics.
    Wall-E was just shit nothing but eye candy shit,

Old pixar films were alright i think, but then again so was Disney's renaissance (89 till 1999) period compared to their current films, but then again they all had one big flaw, they all had a fucking predictable LOVE STORY that developed struggled and resolved in the same pacing and same manner as all the rest.

Anyway, @Bottom Feeder Kids film? eh, when this shit came out it seemed pretty popular with people way outside the kids age group.
    Monsters vs Aliens had alot of high school fags going to see it,
    And this one guy recommended it, i could probably only recommend it possibly on drugs because this guy was always smoking fucking weed all the time, which tends to make unfunny shit seem good.

Not just megamind, but CGI in general, it also makes me feel better because at times i feel like i am the only person who hates this shit.

6. Akula

Akula
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

n/a
    Home Page:
    Bolt *was* one of my favorite movies when I was younger, because I had a white labradoodle (Labrador/poodle mix) and I used to watch it while I laid on him. Too bad I had to give him away...
    Anyways, Toy Story 3 was alright, I didn't like it much. Megamind was OK, I laughed a few times, but it was just rehashed shit as you said. HTTYD was based off a book I read when I was like 8 so it was an OK adaption.
    I loved Puss'n'Boots. Great movie. Easily a 8/10. It's better than Shrek.
    I haven't seen the others yet. I'll wait to watch them when they pop up on HBO so I don't watch True Blood again, or some other B movie.

7. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I can count to tomato.

8. Helix

Helix
    Expand Collapse
    resident stoner

College, mang
    Home Page:
    Somebody needs to make an animated movie that is fucking horrible, gore, sex, heavy drug abuse, the whole shebang.

9. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    It was pretty good. It kind of mashes together the book where Tin Tin meets everyone and the Mystery of the Unicorn. The 3D on it was also well done and immersive, rather than jarringly annoying.

10. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    [​IMG]

11. Helix

Helix
    Expand Collapse
    resident stoner

College, mang
    Home Page:
    Yeah but furfags

12. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Tom Preston hates CGI animated movies too, just saying.

Then again, his reason is more stupid than you can imagine.

13. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Ever watched Cool World?

14. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    Kind of the problem with any cartoon really. The crow scenes are worth all the rest though.

15. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

What is it? because he is a talentless comic artist and CGI films are too impressive that he worries he won't make it in the business of being a rich cartoon artist?

well he can relax, Pixar or no Pixar, he is still a worthless no talent.

16. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Yeah basically his excuse is that CGI animation is killing the traditional way of making cartoons.

While in reality it is because it killed his alternatives to get a job in the animation field.

17. Khanzer

Khanzer
    Expand Collapse
    EDF official mascot

Wizard
    Man I liked Wall-E

18. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Never occurs to these idiots to fund money to start up a privately owned animation studio and hire some kids as a day job.

oh wait, that's because it costs MONEY and people like him don't like to work for a goal, they just want instant praise for their shitty worthless talents.

besides, just make a TV show set in a Highschool where crappy special effects make people look like meme's

Like this

"Josh what happened to your girlfriend? You're so forever alone!"
    *Josh's face swells up into Forever Alone guy*

"Dude your girlfriend drove off in your car with the keys and your wallet, i think she's going to go buy shit at the store"

*Other dude goes red and turns into Rage guy and screams FUUUUCK*

19. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

GBP Management Assistant
    How could we forget:

http://rule34-data-001.say no to pedo shit/_images/4268aeed22a559500d4800e594597de8/614464%20-%20Hal_Stewart%20Megamind%20Titan%20tripperfunster.jpghttp://rule34-data-000.say no to pedo shit/_images/b75d612fd18a5b46c6d12eafc27ebdc5/682582%20-%20Megamind%20Roxanne_Ritchi%20tighten.jpghttp://rule34-data-000.say no to pedo shit/_images/710f9725887f2b6b36ed434a6a7b7700/734761%20-%20Bizarro_Souperman%20Megamind%20Minion%20Roxanne_Ritchi%20tagme.jpghttp://rule34-data-001.say no to pedo shit/_images/98c5534525bef68280acb160971d537f/610239%20-%20Megamind%20metro_man.jpg

20. n1bblir

n1bblir
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I can't speak for CGI movies, because now there are so many out it disgusts me due to the fact that every one that comes out is total shit and has nothing but pop-culture jokes. I could never watch Disney movies, even when I was young I couldn't stand them they made me dry heave, that's why I became an animu fag (which is starting to waver at this point, but that's another story).

I do believe the reason why so many suck are pop-culture jokes among some things and just to have an excuse to sell shit with happy meals. Just marketing crap that's it and CGI is the new medium. I'm not sure if it's also because it's cheaper as well but it wouldn't surprise me.

21. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

is there any difference between that multi eyes alien with a big head in Monsters Vs Aliens, and the two eyes big headed alien that is Megamind?

22. Spin

Spin
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

CGI, 3D animation films can be very profitable for studios because unlike animated film you can reuse almost all of it to keep raking in the cash. Example like Kung-Fu Panda and Madagascar have kids shows now because they can reuse character models, motion sequences and environments just put some different dialog makes it very inexpensive with a more limited staff. It's sort of like how South Park can turn out episodes in days easily using flash because they have so many animation sequences and backgrounds they can reuse.

23. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I realize that, they can make new footage by using all the set pieces and just creating new animation sequences which is different because you are not rendering the character frame by frame, the computer does that, you just tell it what to make the characters do.

BUT that does not explain why they have to be SHIT.
    WHY DOES CGI HAVE TO BE SHIT?
    they also use Universal Man which was some shit on Disney Channel and on the Incredibles behind the scenes, it saves allot of time because it's a 3D doll that has all the basic anatomy of a human character, they can make him fatter thinner, male or female, tall or short and interchange clothing and appearance.
    it's how they can make so many extra's in CGI films without making them all from scratch.

they are all made from a template.

SO why with all these resources freed in the Animating and rendering department, why don't they HAVE ACTUAL TALENT WITH THE WRITING????

And south park can be made in days because their characters don't walk.

24. hkh

hkh
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

prostitot
    all of those movies are fantastic. fuck off.

25. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

You must have an "inner child" so big it is threatening to consume you from the inside out like a chestburster from Alien.

Either that or you're just mentally defective.

26. Spin

Spin
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

3D animation has opened possibilities up for individuals and small groups there are plenty of movies out there just none at the local cinema. Let me give you a few movies made by only a few or less people on their home computers.

27. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

So our choice is mainstream crap like Megamind and Despicable me Tangled and Gnomeo and Juliet

And amateur shit which is all attempts to knocking off Shane Ackerman's "9" short film.

28. Spin

Spin
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I think your trolling with that comment.

If your not then you have the mindset of a retard if you think Where the Dead go to Die is copying "9"

29. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

If it fills any of these criteria
    * No speaking roles or next to none
    * Weird unexplained world that makes no sense
    * Weird for the sake of weird
    * all imaginative but very little plot only basics

Then yeah, pretty much what 9 was originally.
    a meaningless artsy fart indie film.

there was this CGI film called Elephant dream project or something, i only saw a trailer of it a long time ago.
    i have no idea what it was about, but it had allot of brass weird machine shit in it.
    I hate the fact there's a gulf between indie and blockbuster they are both shit in their own ways and good in their own,

Movies made from books tend to be good if the director follows the book exactly but reformats the story for the purposes of time and to show audience unfamiliar with the book what the whole deal is all about.'

For example
    Harry Potter 3, Perfect adaption of the third book, creates it's own story almost from the original one, and it has no gaps if somebody watched it then read the book, the book would be slightly different but more expansive.

Other adaptions.
    James Mason in the Disney flick 50'000 leagues under the sea.

Time Machine by George Pal
    Good because it follows the book exactly with some detail changes and some expansions, but it is a perfect movie.
    the remake of the movie, was bullshit it completely missed the point of the original story which was read in some sci fi magazine 100 years ago.

30. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    Dr.Music is pleased.