Max payne 3 thread. some spoilers.

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by Dynamic Entry, May 26, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. Dynamic Entry

Dynamic Entry
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Hokage
    okay, as you all know, a bunch of big name games came out as of late. Diablo 3, max payne 3, GR: future soldier, etc.

what i want to discuss is Max payne 3. its pros, its cons, yadda yadda. so lets begin.

first off, story.
    any fan of the max payne series knows that the story good. kinda. you know, drug addicts raping his wife and killing her and his infant daughter while he was out doing god knows what. then he goes apeshit, destroys a pharmacutical company etc etc. what im saying here is that each installment has been gripping enough to keep the players attention. Max payne 3 does that well.

SPOILER ALERT, SPOILERS AHEAD FGGT :meow:

5 years has passed since MP 2, and old max is as healthy as ever. addicted to painkillers, and drinks like a fish. hes found himself in sao paulo, Brazil, some spic shithole. hes working private security for a wealthy brazilian family, the brancos. when at one point early in the game, local spics try to kidnap the wife of max's boss, some spic name i cant remember. so the first level is basically spent shooting spics in order to save the other spics that are paying you with spic money. of course, you save them both, and thats the first chapter of the game. you continue to bounce being a bodyguard until they try to kidnap the wife AGAIN, only this time they succeed because youre a drunk gringo fuck. so you spend the game chasing these spics and niggers, trying to save your bosses wife. pretty much. of course that isnt the whole game, buit who gives a fuck. moving on!

GAMEPLA Y

everyone knows how max payne plays, and if you dont, its like red dead redemption, only alittle more controlled. the biggest thing here thai have a concern with is how the cover system clashes with the shootdodge system. most, if not all, shooters have a cover system. press this, he gets behind that, shoot from there, etc. and max payne is no different. except in one way. the shootdodge, the craptastic name theyve given to bullet time, where you dive into the air, time slows down, and you blast whatever minorities are in front of you, land, time returns, and youre good. wrong.

in max payne three, the shootdodge is rendered almost useless. even a inconvience. for everytime you dive, you MUST make sure whatever your diving toward wont hit you mid dive, causing bullet time to go away, and leaving you lying on the floor while wetbacks and niggers take potshots at you behind cover. the obvious solution is to take cover, and pop em off one at a time, right? of course.

BUT THIS IS MAX PAYNE.
    i remember when i could dive off a staircase and blast thirteen wops easy, hit the ground, and he gets up instantly and hes ready to dive again. i try that in max payne 3, and i die. so youre basically forced to stay in cover, move from cover to cover. one of the original core systems that madee the earilier titles great is now some gimmick that you can use if you want to make things harder on yourself. at least they improved the shooting system. you all remember the little white dot that was your reticle. well its still there, but youcan get some help this time around. instead of the classic free aim, you choose either to have soft lock or hard lock for your aiming. soft lock is best, it still gives that free aim feel while it just locks on near the target, while hard lock just aims dead on them.

VISUALS

now here is where it gets all positive. i must say that max payne 3 has the best visuals ive seen in a console title. movie quality the entire fucking game. the characters look dman good, the enviroments look damn good. and its like that the entire goddamn time. you can tell they put the most time into it.

okay so there you go. questions? comments? trolls? let me hear your voice.

2. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I heard multiplayer was okay.

3. Dynamic Entry

Dynamic Entry
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Hokage
    the multiplayer is fun, but it suffers from most new multiplayer problems.

lack of game modes, the lack of rewards. (weapons, abilities, titles and avatars,etc. ) is present.

they do have those things, but not enough to make you work for them. not to mention some of the best content, (golden guns, play as max, etc.) are easier to obtain through story mode.

4. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    So basically it's Max Payne, minus all the things that make Max Payne Max Payne.

Max Payne.

• Autism Autism x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Dynamic Entry

Dynamic Entry
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Hokage
    sort of. more like, its max payne, after max payne stopped being max payne and went back to being max payne.

max payne 1 mixed in with a whole new max payne with no elements of max payne 2

6. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    So they have completely undone/retconned any character development. Gotcha.

7. Dynamic Entry

Dynamic Entry
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Hokage

lemme just make it clear.

max payne 1: loyal NYPD officer, becomes familess vigilante

Max Payne 2: broekn vigilante finds love, is struck down again, becomes broken angel of death, hates the world.

Max payne 3: years of drugs and booze lands him in brazil, realizes hes done moping and ready to get his life back. end with him alone, on a beach with no purpose. ???? most likely another sequel in the works,

8. ge5undhe17

ge5undhe17
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Lab Tech
    What the fuck did they do to bullettime? Fuck if I know, this isn't Max Payne 3. It's just some official GTA IV mod afaic

9. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Realism wasn't always a strong point in the max payne series

10. Dynamic Entry

Dynamic Entry
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Hokage

in my opinion, they made it too real.

uoi hit the button, and he dives, but you malways hit something, fucking it up, and he doesnt automatically get up.

i will say this, though. you pull off it right, it looks damn good.

11. ge5undhe17

ge5undhe17
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Lab Tech
    So this means I'll just play MP just like GTA IV

Hahahahahaha

oh well, I hope somebody mods / patches this

12. Dynamic Entry

Dynamic Entry
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Hokage

eh, i guess. final score 8.5/10

13. cyphercat

cyphercat
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

The whole purpose of Max Payne is to legitimitize gay rape. Go sodomy Maxxx Payne!

14. Dynamic Entry

Dynamic Entry
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Hokage

get out newfag.

your medicore trolling has no effect.