Making a troll essay

Discussion in 'Trolls & Lulz' started by Fumo161, Oct 8, 2011.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. Fumo161

Fumo161
    Expand Collapse
    Faggot

I'm making an essay for my class. I watched an exibit of an artist who uses oil paints and wood sculptering to make her stuff. She had inspirations from egyptian art, christian art, and the book The Sound and The Fury. Her art was always ambiguous (is the person lying on the ground dead, sleeping, unconcious?) and these were the questions my teacher threw at me.

What type of work is it (painting, photography, illustration, design, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, installation)?

What does the work look like (colors, textures, size, etc.)?

What techniques were used?

What is your reaction to the work?

What does it communicate to you?

How did you feel about the lecture? What stood out to you?

What did you agree with or disagree with?

Could you identify with the artist? Why or why not?

Is there something that the artist said that gave you new insight to the work?

Is there anything that the artist said that particularly surprised you? Motivated you? Made you think differently of
    the life of an artist?

Did the lecture or exhibit give you any ideas of something that you would like to try in your own work?

Yes I did answer them all. But I did it the way I brutally honestly would have answered them. Like a troll.

2. Fumo161

Fumo161
    Expand Collapse
    Faggot

"Sculpture work.
    Large with mute colors and sometimes highly saturated hues.
    Stacking planks of wood on top of each other to get the size of the sculpture.
    My reaction was subtle, I was not surprised or shocked by the work.
    It probably took a lot of hours to sculpt.
    I felt rather disappointed with the lecture. I thought it would be something more than just being in a medium sized room full of people. Hardly anything was prepared before the presentation. I was generally bored. Nothing stood out to me as really amazing or unique.
    I disagreed with the opinions that others had at the lecture, such as how the art is simply beautiful and magnificent. It’s really not all that great.
    Nothing the artist said surprised me. I was not particularly motivated. It only showed me that the life of a sculpture artist is a lot of hard work. The satisfaction you get from doing it yourself is the only thing I got out of it and generally the only thing I agree with..
    I did not like how most of the artists’ work was simply rehashed forms of already famous artist sculptures/paintings. I did not feel anything for the paintings or the sculptures. It was always the same person (the artist) in about every sculpture or her parents. She emphasized how her artwork and sculptures were supposed to display a sense of mystery. Why anyone feels like ambiguity is a sign of an artist is beyond me."

I would like basically is for you guys to make some witty remarks on how this "famous artists" work is nothing but boring wooden sculpture shit and how terrible uninterested you are in it (much like me).

Your input would be invaluable to the completion of this essy.

For some reason this shit won't change to white. I don't know why the font won't change colors.

3. Cyber Nazi

Cyber Nazi
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

police officer
    this is the worst thread i ever seen...

i want 5 seconds of my life back

and my electric usuage

and also just for compensation i want your soul

4. Fumo161

Fumo161
    Expand Collapse
    Faggot

You know even though I'm not a ginger, I surprisingly have no soul.
    But stay on topic dammit it's been forever since I had to type that much at least take a look at it or get something to read it at you.
    Fuck.

5. Cyber Nazi

Cyber Nazi
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

police officer
    i am too tired to read it all... plus i dont give a shit anyway :D

6. Fumo161

Fumo161
    Expand Collapse
    Faggot

If that is you in your avatar, than that comment is contradicting.

7. Cyber Nazi

Cyber Nazi
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

police officer
    not me but i use that avatar to make everyone on this forum looking at it feel sick and would throw up in the bathroom.. reactions are priceless lol

8. Fumo161

Fumo161
    Expand Collapse
    Faggot

Try harder.

9. Cyber Nazi

Cyber Nazi
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

police officer
    your avatar makes you look like a brainwashed scientologist..

10. Fumo161

Fumo161
    Expand Collapse
    Faggot

That was a low blow.