LOL TomPreston did it again!

Discussion in 'DeviantART' started by a.t., Jul 22, 2011.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums

Encyclopedia Dramatica is being sued by a very wealthy serial litigator. This is not just another "gimme shekels for server" - the future of ED is at stake. We are asking for donations to fund our legal battle, all money raised goes entirely towards attorney fees. Please help with whatever you can, every donation is deeply appreciated.

Donate to the Encyclopedia Dramatica Legal FundJoin the Discussion Thread

1. Chrono

Chrono
    Expand Collapse
    Dragon

Attention Whore
    And this has to do with Dobson by what exactly?

• Feels Feels x 1
    • Dumb Question Dumb Question x 1
    • List
  2. Killerratte

Killerratte
    Expand Collapse
    Dangerously unfunny

Self-loathing hobby "artist"
    Home Page:
    When I read the name, I just had to think of Dobons mascot. Also fuck this thread.

3. fleacollerindustry

fleacollerindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Nononkin

Turd Polisher
    Home Page:
    Talus is that stupid LOLRANDUMB character from his pirate series.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Quality Shoop Quality Shoop x 1
    • List
  4. Chrono

Chrono
    Expand Collapse
    Dragon

Attention Whore
    Oh that guy. You clearly can tell I don't read his shitty pirate comic, which may be a good thing actually.

5. fleacollerindustry

fleacollerindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Nononkin

Turd Polisher
    Home Page:
    Read it. It's important to learn. In fact, it's a lesson from the great Sun Tzu: "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."

• I Agree I Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Barrabas

Barrabas
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Microwave
    Meant to ask you DAtards, how is it nobody has spliced Preston with Pepe yet? Guaranteed lulz.

7. fleacollerindustry

fleacollerindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Nononkin

Turd Polisher
    Home Page:
    I'm bored. I'll do it.

Got any specific details about what else should be in the picture? Or just have Dobepe be just a user avatar picture?

8. Barrabas

Barrabas
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Microwave

lol no no ideas. I just figured as an aspiring SJW he would despise having something iconic crossed with a 'hate symbol'. Also something about the artist (Furie) not liking the use. Just make sure it's nazi pepe.

9. Chrono

Chrono
    Expand Collapse
    Dragon

Attention Whore
    Well since you told me to, I will. What do I need to be prepared?

10. fleacollerindustry

fleacollerindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Nononkin

Turd Polisher
    Home Page:
    Aren't ALL Pepes nazis though??

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Good Question Good Question x 1
    • List
  11. jerk

jerk
    Expand Collapse
    has no title

Yes.

Keep entertainment at handy for when the very definition of unfunny begins to gnaw at your naive joyous soul.
    Also avoid seeing any hands anything for approximately twenty-five years before you read, so you won't be as shocked by how badly drawn they are, as you'll only have a frail memory of them in your mind.

12. Gaegogi

Gaegogi
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Reformation Camp #24 Guard #52
    It's Ranma but with pirates and is made by a person claiming to hate anime while taking literally all of the tropes 80s-90s anime had.

13. Chrono

Chrono
    Expand Collapse
    Dragon

Attention Whore
    He probably 'hates' anime probably because he doesn't want to get reminded of his CattyN past. Yeah, other than that I don't know.

14. jerk

jerk
    Expand Collapse
    has no title

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't he blamed anime (in addition to the school he went to to study art) for his failure as an artist? Specifically with his inability to improve (his style) and so forth.

And Rumiko Takahashi is obviously his biggest influnce, he even draws those stupid chibis and some of his characters are rip offs - I can't decide if he's not even tried getting better or fixing his style, or if he has the strictest comfort zone ever and never tries stepping outside. Probably both but which it is more?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    • List
  15. Gaegogi

Gaegogi
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

He most likely blamed anime for his crap art to justify why he was bad at art during that time, when all of his characters developed their own space programs for their eyebrows.

He was probably one of those people who thought manga artists drew from scratch like that and didn't bother studying actual anatomy and proportions, which fucked him up in the end. Even Dobson's lord and savior Scott McCloud did chapters on anatomy, proportions, emotions on his Making Comics book.

16. jerk

jerk
    Expand Collapse
    has no title

Funny thing, and I'm sure this' been said before, I've never seen any Scott McCloud influence in dobby's work - just flat out copying him doesn't count, I mean that his comics don't show he's taken to heart nor understood anything McCloud has said.
    I recall dobby recommending his books to newbies but I don't think his books are that good for actual newbies, especially if they're the only books recommended.
    Maybe dobson has really read through his books, several times, but has never learned to understand them because he's never read other books about comics and things related. Does he have a comfort zone when it comes to art books?

• Like Like x 1
    • I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Gaegogi

Gaegogi
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I enjoyed the book and learned a lot about how much work comics go into. When I first read it, I didn't really bother with the chapters on facial expressions and anatomy (again, I can't draw), just read stuff about styles, paneling, etc. Maybe that's what Dobson did, just cherrypick his favorite chapters and didn't even bother with the rest.

• I Agree I Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. fleacollerindustry

fleacollerindustry
    Expand Collapse
    Nononkin

Turd Polisher
    Home Page:
    McCloud is a better at breaking comics down and explaining them than he is as an actual comic writer/artist.

But it's clear Dobson treats McCloud like any other religion: worshiping out of habit, not out of choice. He "follows" McCloud just like most Christians "follow" Jesus.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  19. Shlomo Bernitz

Shlomo Bernitz
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    One full week and counting is plenty of time for a rudimentary Dob-Pepe, fam.

• I Agree I Agree x 3
    • lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol x 1
    • List
: THIS IS NOW A WATERSHIP-FREE ZONE, what part of watership-free didn't you understand, don't even fucking post here, now that we all know you jerk it to pony rape, you can't be taken seriously, literally worse than tompreston, I'll meet you down by the DOXX, hope you like pizzas, and unexpected visitors, oohh tag whiteknighting, how lame, who gives a shit, mortalsword jerks off to watershipdowns' furry art, bunu wants to eat hayakain's ass, and watershipdowns wants to watch, mortalsword wants to tongue bunu's ass, after she's just had diarrhea, whiteomega will lick up the residue off the floor, I am 12 and what is this, who wrote down my dreams, oddguy is my waifu, I'd like to hear from forrealdeal on this, lol nobody gives a fuck what he thinks, nah, wrong again bucko, why do we hate bunu, because you touch yourself at night to her posts, on the other hand, you're a faggot, no seriously, you're wrong and also a huge faggot, end of story, mortalsword is being a faggot, mortalsword jerks off to pony bondage, mortalsword knows a lot about being a faggot, mortalswordyndrome jerks off to figurines, mortalsword and linkermann sitting in a tree, mortalsword and linkermann sitting on a three, mortalsword bled profusely, mortalsword cries like a little bitch, mortalsword deletes tags out of butthurt, mortalsword drinks beer out of koala anuses, mortalsword drinks gasoline out of beercans, mortalsword fears scumhook, mortalsword fingers hamsters, mortalsword fucks goats, mortalsword gets bullied, mortalsword gives rimjobs for beer, mortalsword has a vagina, mortalsword is a basement dwelling cum guzzler, mortalsword is a brony, mortalsword is a butthurt bogan, mortalsword is a closet furfag, mortalsword is a dingo, mortalsword is an attention whore, mortalsword is a faggot, mortalsword is a filthy lying kike, mortalsword is a furnigger, mortalsword is a massive faggot, mortalsword is a narutard, mortalsword is a penis licker, mortalsword is a queer, mortalsword is a shitty gimmick, mortalsword isn't even straight, mortalsword jerks off to ponies, mortalsword likes goats, mortalsword masturbates to the aristocats, mortalsword needs his pacifier, mortalsword needs to leave this fucking forum, mortalsword needs to wash his fucking face, mortalsword stop tagging yourself cunt, mortalsword sucks black cocks, mortalsword sucks dick for coke, mortalsword sucks dick for dick, mortalsword talks to himself, mortalsword tries too hard, mortalsword wants the d, mortalsword adds his own tags everywhere he goes, mortalsword always won the 'special award', mortalsword calls the cops out of butthurt, mortalsword can't handle the heat, mortalsword confirmed for butthurt, mortalsword doesn't understand tags, mortalsword fails at being an internet toughguy, mortalsword failtrolling, mortalsword gets butthurt over tags, mortalsword has no friends :(, mortalsword has no life, mortalsword is a literal manchild, mortalsword licks granny assholes, mortalsword lost the argument, mortalsword <3 schnookums, mortalsword = nambla, mortalsword confirmed for butt ravaged, mortalsword fails at hiding butthurt, mortalsword has no penis, mortalsword is a butthurt asspie, mortalsword jerks off to oddguy, mortalsword likes to jack off to bestiality, mortalsword should kill himself, mortalsword was molested by his uncle, mortalsword y u so mad?, oh hey are we doing tag spam now, lemme get a piece of that action, god that motherfucker, fucking mortalsword, I swear to god, what the fuck?, what a cheesenigger, god what a stupid fucking punk, dude has, fucking, like, Twilight Sparkle tattoos like, all over his arm, shit isn't even the right color, everyone knows it's like, pink and purple, next he's gonna get like, a fucking TomPreston tattoo with, a fucking bowler hat, what the shit is that?, yeah, that'll go great with your bunu mask, you homo, dude has like, a fucking lot of nerve, I heard he didn't even get, his driver's license, cause he punched some old lady, at the MVA, he was like, cutting in line, and she's all like, You can't do that!, and he's like POW, take that, bitch!, Next I'll stuff my dick in your mouth, speaking of which, you know how they're always, talking about, taking candy from a baby?, fucker took ice cream, out of a kid's hand, fucking pulled down his zipper, and fucking slapped his dick, on the ice cream, He's like, you still wanna lick it now, kid?, god what an asshole, he's the kinda guy, who'll fuck your sister, and then, brag about it to you, in front of your mom, when your fucking grandparents are visiting, and he'll go into like, gnarly detail too, and like watch you squirm, cause he's just a fucking bastard, god he's got no fucking manners, I'm driving with him this one time, he's in a school zone, and he's doing like, fucking 80, and I'm like, dude you're going too fast!, and he's like fuck that shit!, and he just like, speeds up and laughs, like some kind of deranged fucking cocksucker, then he hits this crossing guard, and he's all like, yeah that's what you get, for being Mexican!, I'm like dude!, that's fucking weak, and then you'll tell him something, and he'll be like, ACTUALLY, and then he'll correct you, on some fucking stupid minute detail, that nobody gives a cock about anyway, I just wanna fucking slap him, I can't even describe, how fucking terrible this guy is, he's got some kind of serious, sociopathic issues, we're at this like, greasy spoon, and like, some handicapped guy is there, drinking coffee, and he, like he goes to the restroom, right?, so then mortalsword goes, and PISSES IN HIS COFFEE, then the dude comes back, did you pee in my coffee, mortalsword?, and he's like, FUCK YOU, CRIPPLE!, and he goes, he pushes him over, and, I don't know where he gets all this piss, and he pisses on the dude's face, then he gets out his guitar, and he starts like, poking him, with the sharp little, string cutter thing, I'm like, dude, cut it out!, FUCK YOU!, and he like, pisses on me, too, I hope that fucker gets, what's coming to him, and I hope I'm not around, because it's like, it's going to be a fucking meteorite, that's what's coming to him, gonna crater him in the fucking head, not a minute too soon I tell ya man, what a cock, uh, wtf, I guess the moral of the story is, actually I don't know, apparently mortalsword has a bunu mask?, cool story bro, only fags use hashtags, like you