LOL TomPreston did it again!

Discussion in 'DeviantART' started by a.t., Jul 22, 2011.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums

Encyclopedia Dramatica is being sued by a very wealthy serial litigator. This is not just another "gimme shekels for server" - the future of ED is at stake. We are asking for donations to fund our legal battle, all money raised goes entirely towards attorney fees. Please help with whatever you can, every donation is deeply appreciated.

Donate to the Encyclopedia Dramatica Legal FundJoin the Discussion Thread

1. Chrono

Chrono
    Expand Collapse
    Dragon

Attention Whore
    ...Eureka!

Seriously, why isn't there a rating for pointing out something that's so damn obvious? This post is not Autism enough, nor worth giving Informative. Although thinking about it, I'd probably get a lot of ratings like that. @uberfukken pls do

Anyways, on the topic. What do you think will make Dobson grow the fuck up from this depression and dying career phase? I know he probably is stuck with being an arrogant idiot with sick fetishes for all of his life, as that's really who he really is--but honestly I prefer Dobson if he had ambition, even if he was very cocky as fuck.

I don't really care anymore if he's like in the far-left now, for the wrong reasons. I also don't care if his work was mostly shit, although it's not bad to the untrained artistic eye. I honestly kind of missed when he was actively making shitty comics in the dA days.

#51081 Chrono, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Shots Fired Shots Fired x 1
    • List
  2. Gaegogi

Gaegogi
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Reformation Camp #24 Guard #52
    I think Dobson isn't doing anything about his depression because if he gets well he won't have any more excuse to not try. Recovering from his depression means that he'll have to produce art and improve upon them.

The only person this tactic benefits is Dobson's therapist.

3. Ricki

Ricki
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

original

Well Dobson, those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

4. TheBookOfFaggot

TheBookOfFaggot
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Meat Fighter
    Why you fucks still talking about this dude, I thought he faded away because he went crazy and got locked in some institute

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    • Shots Fired Shots Fired x 1
    • List
  5. jerk

jerk
    Expand Collapse
    has no title

It's a joke but it might be true.

The symptoms of low testosterone includes;
    hair loss
    increased body fat
    decreased muscle mass
    mood swings
    fatigue
    inability to concentrate
    lack of confidence
    lack of motivation
    irritability
    etc
    Plenty of the symptoms are the same as symptoms to depression, but it can also be the root for mental issues like that.

6. Chrono

Chrono
    Expand Collapse
    Dragon

Attention Whore
    Unfortunately not yet for Dobson. But then again, Chris Chan went to prison and he's still well... you know.

Hmm... Dobson and Chris Chan... They should kiss each other.

• Disgusting Disgusting x 2
    • List
  7. BlandWagon

BlandWagon
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Fourth Street Corner Liquorstore Gloryhole
    Depression is a chemical imbalance but you're not only limited to drugs to fix it. I've been going to the gym as frequently as I can find time for, and have a prescription of a mild sedative for when I get too obsessive/fixated on something. It doesn't make dark days not happen, but it means it's a lot easier not to dwell on it and make it worse. Working out at all is doing wonders, bit by bit. I'm still overweight but I'm sticking at it and trying to find strategies to help my compulsive eating.

That's kind of the worst thing with depression. It's conceived as either not real or inescapable, when it is very real but also doesn't have to rule your life. Depression makes laziness easier, but you need to hone motivation to fight that. Everyone slips up, but you can't just trip and stay on the ground.

I only say this here because you fuckers will actually listen and can use it. Dobson believes he's either heard it all or it won't work, which while being symptoms of depression, doesn't excuse his lack of belief that it can be overcome.

8. KaneLives95

KaneLives95
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Proud member of the Brotherhood of Nod
    Severely outdated information, but since no one posted it I will.

It's the end of an era. Dobson finally deleted his Deviantart account, on 9/11 no less.

We'll never forget this.

#51088 KaneLives95, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Feels Feels x 3
    • List
  9. Chrono

Chrono
    Expand Collapse
    Dragon

Attention Whore
    Yeah, if I were to leave a site I had cared about I'd totally would care about my stats. Jesus.
    I have a hunch he's gonna reactivate that account and use that as a way to get attention again--since that does happen in dA usually.

Otherwise, congrats to Dobson for burning down his only actual means of recognition!

10. KaneLives95

KaneLives95
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Proud member of the Brotherhood of Nod
    My bet will be is he'll try to make a new account under a new name. But that might happen since his shitty lazy artstyle is so recognizable. He'd have to refine it and make a new style from scratch, but that would take a lot of work and god knows he doesn't want to actually do anything hard. Guess he'll be stuck doing Minecraft LPs for the rest of his life.

11. Gaegogi

Gaegogi
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Reformation Camp #24 Guard #52
    Instead of taking criticism and bettering himself, Dobson took them in the ass like a little bitch and ran away to tumblr, then twitter, making less than 50 dollars a month on Patreon.

"And you only have yourself to blame!" - Ken Ashcorp (Sins of a Complacent Artist)

12. Ricki

Ricki
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

One day on Twitter:

Dobson:

13. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Hi

• Tl;dr Tl;dr x 2
    • lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol x 2
    • I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Shit Post Shit Post x 1
    • List
  14. jerk

jerk
    Expand Collapse
    has no title

"Any rando", huh. You don't need to be a cook to tell if something tastes like shit, and so on and so forth.

I know he means what he is saying but it really comes off as him disliking his fans more than anything.
    How he treated/treats his (past) fans was always very dismissive so maybe he's come to partially blame them of his failures.

15. Chrono

Chrono
    Expand Collapse
    Dragon

Attention Whore
    It's really kind of sad he still just doesn't get it after all of these years. And even he does realize it, I don't expect much change.

However, I do believe to understand him how he really feels about being criticized, he really doesn't want other people to dictate/limit his ideas and style, or change the things he loved about his ideas to something else that lacks his appeal. It might be crap to you, but Dobson probably liked it personally. I know other people has that feeling, but Dobson really denies criticism it in the worst way. Kind of ironic now, that he hypocritically dictates others on how things should be depicted for SJW-y reasons.

16. BlandWagon

BlandWagon
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Fourth Street Corner Liquorstore Gloryhole
    Not immediately, no. But views and stats are methods by which to figure out how to market yourself and what to create to expand those statistics and how to take advantage of it. The demand curve is only meaningful if you're willing to supply.

And you got invited to an overseas convention with several other creatives because of your SYAC stuff, that sounds like a modicum of success, you just failed to roll with it and platform into greater success.

17. jerk

jerk
    Expand Collapse
    has no title

What's more telling is that he failed to mingle and create connections with any of the people he went to the con with. So bad he was excluded from (most) comics made about the time he spent with them.
    He's had so many possibilities to create great and not so great connections but he's failed to make any.

He'd be levels more successful if he'd stuck with the inflation fetish art.
    Hell, he might be able to make a living with it via patreon if he had kept to that road and been loyal to the niche.

18. DNJACK

DNJACK
    Expand Collapse
    I love you Cricket!

annoying the though guys
    Oops I did it again...

I made you believe we're more than just friends
    Oh baby
    It might seem like a crush
    But it doesn't mean that I'm serious
    'Cause to lose all my senses
    That is just so typically me
    Oh baby, baby

• Trigger Warning Trigger Warning x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • wut wut x 1
    • Fuck off retard Fuck off retard x 1
    • List
  19. Ricki

Ricki
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Thanks for reminding me to look at Dob's twitter DNJACK

Oh my fucking god.

Congress was formed in 1789. The revolutionary war ended in 1783. They didn't even exist at the time you dumb fuck.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Killerratte

Killerratte
    Expand Collapse
    Dangerously unfunny

Self-loathing hobby "artist"
    Home Page:
    talus.PNG

This just popped up.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Nobody Cares Nobody Cares x 1
    • List
: THIS IS NOW A WATERSHIP-FREE ZONE, what part of watership-free didn't you understand, don't even fucking post here, now that we all know you jerk it to pony rape, you can't be taken seriously, literally worse than tompreston, I'll meet you down by the DOXX, hope you like pizzas, and unexpected visitors, oohh tag whiteknighting, how lame, who gives a shit, mortalsword jerks off to watershipdowns' furry art, bunu wants to eat hayakain's ass, and watershipdowns wants to watch, mortalsword wants to tongue bunu's ass, after she's just had diarrhea, whiteomega will lick up the residue off the floor, I am 12 and what is this, who wrote down my dreams, oddguy is my waifu, I'd like to hear from forrealdeal on this, lol nobody gives a fuck what he thinks, nah, wrong again bucko, why do we hate bunu, because you touch yourself at night to her posts, on the other hand, you're a faggot, no seriously, you're wrong and also a huge faggot, end of story, mortalsword is being a faggot, mortalsword jerks off to pony bondage, mortalsword knows a lot about being a faggot, mortalswordyndrome jerks off to figurines, mortalsword and linkermann sitting in a tree, mortalsword and linkermann sitting on a three, mortalsword bled profusely, mortalsword cries like a little bitch, mortalsword deletes tags out of butthurt, mortalsword drinks beer out of koala anuses, mortalsword drinks gasoline out of beercans, mortalsword fears scumhook, mortalsword fingers hamsters, mortalsword fucks goats, mortalsword gets bullied, mortalsword gives rimjobs for beer, mortalsword has a vagina, mortalsword is a basement dwelling cum guzzler, mortalsword is a brony, mortalsword is a butthurt bogan, mortalsword is a closet furfag, mortalsword is a dingo, mortalsword is an attention whore, mortalsword is a faggot, mortalsword is a filthy lying kike, mortalsword is a furnigger, mortalsword is a massive faggot, mortalsword is a narutard, mortalsword is a penis licker, mortalsword is a queer, mortalsword is a shitty gimmick, mortalsword isn't even straight, mortalsword jerks off to ponies, mortalsword likes goats, mortalsword masturbates to the aristocats, mortalsword needs his pacifier, mortalsword needs to leave this fucking forum, mortalsword needs to wash his fucking face, mortalsword stop tagging yourself cunt, mortalsword sucks black cocks, mortalsword sucks dick for coke, mortalsword sucks dick for dick, mortalsword talks to himself, mortalsword tries too hard, mortalsword wants the d, mortalsword adds his own tags everywhere he goes, mortalsword always won the 'special award', mortalsword calls the cops out of butthurt, mortalsword can't handle the heat, mortalsword confirmed for butthurt, mortalsword doesn't understand tags, mortalsword fails at being an internet toughguy, mortalsword failtrolling, mortalsword gets butthurt over tags, mortalsword has no friends :(, mortalsword has no life, mortalsword is a literal manchild, mortalsword licks granny assholes, mortalsword lost the argument, mortalsword <3 schnookums, mortalsword = nambla, mortalsword confirmed for butt ravaged, mortalsword fails at hiding butthurt, mortalsword has no penis, mortalsword is a butthurt asspie, mortalsword jerks off to oddguy, mortalsword likes to jack off to bestiality, mortalsword should kill himself, mortalsword was molested by his uncle, mortalsword y u so mad?, oh hey are we doing tag spam now, lemme get a piece of that action, god that motherfucker, fucking mortalsword, I swear to god, what the fuck?, what a cheesenigger, god what a stupid fucking punk, dude has, fucking, like, Twilight Sparkle tattoos like, all over his arm, shit isn't even the right color, everyone knows it's like, pink and purple, next he's gonna get like, a fucking TomPreston tattoo with, a fucking bowler hat, what the shit is that?, yeah, that'll go great with your bunu mask, you homo, dude has like, a fucking lot of nerve, I heard he didn't even get, his driver's license, cause he punched some old lady, at the MVA, he was like, cutting in line, and she's all like, You can't do that!, and he's like POW, take that, bitch!, Next I'll stuff my dick in your mouth, speaking of which, you know how they're always, talking about, taking candy from a baby?, fucker took ice cream, out of a kid's hand, fucking pulled down his zipper, and fucking slapped his dick, on the ice cream, He's like, you still wanna lick it now, kid?, god what an asshole, he's the kinda guy, who'll fuck your sister, and then, brag about it to you, in front of your mom, when your fucking grandparents are visiting, and he'll go into like, gnarly detail too, and like watch you squirm, cause he's just a fucking bastard, god he's got no fucking manners, I'm driving with him this one time, he's in a school zone, and he's doing like, fucking 80, and I'm like, dude you're going too fast!, and he's like fuck that shit!, and he just like, speeds up and laughs, like some kind of deranged fucking cocksucker, then he hits this crossing guard, and he's all like, yeah that's what you get, for being Mexican!, I'm like dude!, that's fucking weak, and then you'll tell him something, and he'll be like, ACTUALLY, and then he'll correct you, on some fucking stupid minute detail, that nobody gives a cock about anyway, I just wanna fucking slap him, I can't even describe, how fucking terrible this guy is, he's got some kind of serious, sociopathic issues, we're at this like, greasy spoon, and like, some handicapped guy is there, drinking coffee, and he, like he goes to the restroom, right?, so then mortalsword goes, and PISSES IN HIS COFFEE, then the dude comes back, did you pee in my coffee, mortalsword?, and he's like, FUCK YOU, CRIPPLE!, and he goes, he pushes him over, and, I don't know where he gets all this piss, and he pisses on the dude's face, then he gets out his guitar, and he starts like, poking him, with the sharp little, string cutter thing, I'm like, dude, cut it out!, FUCK YOU!, and he like, pisses on me, too, I hope that fucker gets, what's coming to him, and I hope I'm not around, because it's like, it's going to be a fucking meteorite, that's what's coming to him, gonna crater him in the fucking head, not a minute too soon I tell ya man, what a cock, uh, wtf, I guess the moral of the story is, actually I don't know, apparently mortalsword has a bunu mask?, cool story bro, only fags use hashtags, like you