1. Email server is down and i have to manually confirm accounts at the moment. Check forum regularly to see if your account has been approved, you wont get an email. Sorry about the wait
    Dismiss Notice

Legalise weed they said....it will be good for the economy they said...

Discussion in 'News' started by Likeicare, Jul 14, 2017.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums

Encyclopedia Dramatica is being sued by a very wealthy serial litigator. This is not just another "gimme shekels for server" - the future of ED is at stake. We are asking for donations to fund our legal battle, all money raised goes entirely towards attorney fees. Please help with whatever you can, every donation is deeply appreciated.

Donate to the Encyclopedia Dramatica Legal FundJoin the Discussion Thread

1. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse
    Sexually Delinquent, Permanently Sleepless

minty's bff4lyfe
    Yeah, but what little i know about growing it (very little) implies that to grow stronger strains it takes alot of time, breeding and the proper environment. Like any sort of plant.

Im mostly extrapolating from what my one buddy from landscaping told me when he was thinking of starting a legal grow op here for medical grade stuff.

2. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse

minty's bff4lyfe
    Hydroponics is what we see alot around here, mostly because it was easier to hide. Most of that stuff was shit tier as i understand, but that was due to the ppl growing it being inept burnouts who dont understand basic plant care.

A couple of greenhouses up in the hills made bank but i think they sold elsewhere so idk. They were more organized.

3. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Nyan

Bullshit Artist.
    No just simple cross breeding. A pot plant reaches maturity in six months (?) or so. If no improvement in the concentration, (there are even labs now which specifically test for THC strength) you shitcan the parent plant. In a couple of years you can go from typical 6% to 20%. I believe the most potent is something like 29%. Then there are other methods, oil which gets it up to something like 60% and solids which top out at 85%(?).

This ain't your hippy aunt's pot stash.

• Autism Autism x 2
    • Kill Yourself Kill Yourself x 1
    • List
  4. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse

minty's bff4lyfe
    How the fuck does a straight edge like you know this Tim?

I know you were there putting the boots to those long haired hippies in the 60s prolly, but i didnt think u were jacking their stash too.

Not cool bro, not cool.

5. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Nyan

Bullshit Artist.
    "Pot science" is botany. :|

6. wretchedgretchen

wretchedgretchen
    Expand Collapse
    Not funny anymore

<3
    Its no where near that difficult. Just start with a decent strain and give it what it needs to be happy. Dank nugs result.
    You're so full of shit it's hilarious and pathetic at the same time

• Informative Informative x 2
    • I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Shots Fired Shots Fired x 1
    • Butthurt Butthurt x 1
    • List
  7. wretchedgretchen

wretchedgretchen
    Expand Collapse
    Not funny anymore

<3
    Tim knows a lot about blowing tranny hookers too.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Butthurt Butthurt x 1
    • List
  8. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Nice statistics fudging, the tax revenue from marijuana was 100 million in the year 2015, it is over 200 million in the year 2016
    That is ridiculous growth from the previous year, showing the robustness of the industry.
    It is projected that sales will go from 1 billion in 2016 to 21 billion by 2021, so try a 4 billion tax annual revenue projection in coming years...
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ma...n-colorado-as-sales-pass-1-billion-2017-02-10
    http://fortune.com/2016/12/13/colorado-billion-legal-marijuana-sales/
    So last year try 80k a school if you were honestly looking for the real figures and not nit picking 2016 state budgets with a 2015 revenue

And ooh looky Tim is hiding what percent change in homelessness that makes him title it a "FUCKING FAILURE"
    https://www.cpr.org/news/newsbeat/colorado-sees-rise-in-homeless-population
    Oh because it's a 6% increase....lol so over a billion dollars added to tax revenue and 10k more hobos, woopydidooo

#68 Rodion, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    • List
  9. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse

minty's bff4lyfe
    ty for info. "Give it what it needs to be happy" makes it sound like a lil puppy dog but I see how that translates over. Now, tell me how to end my travelling circus of death and make my orchids bloom.
    for purely academic pursuits or... Yeah. lets leave it at that then.

• Like Like x 1
    • I Agree I Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Barrabas

Barrabas
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Microwave
    >Implying pan-handling train-kids aren't poor.

11. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Nyan

Bullshit Artist.

• Butthurt Butthurt x 2
    • Autism Autism x 1
    • List
  12. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Nyan

Bullshit Artist.
    You're fucking retarded if you think the revenue stream is going to increase forever. Eventually the market will be come saturated.
    21 Billion dollars in sales by 2021. Wow talk about a pipe dream. That's a lot of fucking pot. Really. A LOT OF FUCKING POT.

What's the going rate at the dispensary say $500 an ounce? (probably overpriced) Let's do a little math and see if that's even feasible.

2021 is less than three years away so let's leave out the population growth factor. Unless you really depend on infants toking up.
    21B/500 = 42 Million. They would have to sell 42 million ounces of pot per year.
    That's 2, 625,000 POUNDS OF POT. Ok? We still good?
    According to the US Census 2010 the projected total population of Colorado is 5,540,545 (2016) Starting to see a problem with those projections?
    So each man, woman and child will have to buy 7.58 ounces of pot per year.

Just curious. How much pot do you smoke a year? You tell me in PMs that you occasionally smoke or use it as a reward after a hard course blah blah. Ok I get that. So am I correct in presuming that you smoke significantly LESS that that amount? Plus the cost 7.5x 500 = $3750. That's a lot of fucking money on wacky tobaccy. A smart pot smoking Jew would grow his own wouldn't he? So where's the tax revenue? Or are you going to rely on pot tourism, which is a complete failure and will continue to trend down as more states open up to the idea of legalized pot. Why travel to Colorado to get some smoke, when you can take the city bus to the local dispensary? If anything Colorado should push for states NOT to legalize to protect their market.

Are you suggesting that the current increasing population of hobos will somehow magically stop or decrease over time? Really?

#72 Call me Tim, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  13. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

OK Tim let me explain pot economics to you, because, (no offense) but it's obvious you never bought weed in your life.
    There are levels of value to pot and this is just a sample one from the one I visit, dispensaries use different systems.
    Pricing of Weed And i don't expect you to know any of the terms anyways so I don't even see the point in my arguing other than we are both the two most functionally autistic users :awesome: (key 0=28 grams)

edibles, drinkable, oils and etc usually on their own pricing tier, but you can expect people to pay 60-500$ on different grades, usually the edibles being way more expensive due to the amazing psychedelic experience that they render possible.
    Consider the IRL list is way bigger than mine and new pot formats are always discovered, richer pot heads will always pay more for clearer but stronger highs.

Gold = Cavier (best quality strains soaked with hash and oil and coated in Kief) Pricing can be 40/gram or more and easily worth it, thus yes up to 800 an 0 and not even Willie Nelson would finish for months minimum
    Yellow = Great quality strain, more like 400-300 an 0
    Red = high quality strain 300-150 an 0
    Blue = BARGAIN BIN 50 to an 0 super duper cheap

Now the key to understanding this is that there are strains called LANDMARKS, these reinvent the pot market and are hard to grow strains because the conditions must mirror the countries they are found. For instance, there is a new strain found in the DRC congo that requires super high humidity for growth and careful breeding, which can possibly spike a price at 1000 to an 0 if its supply is contained to one company. Whereas, yesterdays Yellow strain can be found in the blue bin for over production.

So yes, that pricing possibility is vast and don't forget vapes and bongs breaking and being rebought, regardless your Colorado population is NOT who is buying.
    As far as an 0 a year being a limitation that has to be dispersed???
    Lol some people smoke that in a week, personally, it takes me 3 months to finish 14 grams but some people can go through 10 0s in a year, so your math is completely out of wack with irl consumer habits.

Think of all those neighboring states and ALL the crazy pot heads flying in from out of state and you can get a better picture. Remember, some pot heads will fly in on a group of 3 and smoke over an 0 in a smoke session and do this for a week.
    Look at the stock market for alcohol and you can get a clue, https://www.fool.com/quote/nyse/anheuser-busch-inbev-nv/bud
    114$ a share for a beer company?

Yes because the first entrepreneurs to the market buy up the newer markets in other states, thus forget Colorado and its visitors as the tax revenue source and start thinking of Colorado pot branches in Nevada or California as state taxable income generated to the Colorado companies.

The point is if we continue to delay legalization in some states, they become mere branches to the first green gold states or even worse, our states lose out to Canadian branches of Aphria or Canopy Growth, both bullishly breaching towards the double digit stock prices as an elastic standard.

#73 Rodion, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Shut the fuck up

• I Agree x 1
    • oy vey x 1
    • wut x 1
    • Dumb Question x 1
    • Butthurt x 1
    • Fuck off retard x 1
    • lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol x 1
    • List
  15. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

What else did you expect starting this thread?

• I Agree I Agree x 3
    • Good Question Good Question x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. AmbrJones Wickenshire

AmbrJones Wickenshire
    Expand Collapse
    Token Black Woman

Welfare Leach
    You created this thread and didn't expect a TimXRod flamewar? Fuck off, newfag.

• I Agree I Agree x 4
    • Shots Fired Shots Fired x 1
    • List
  17. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    :D:D:D
    Lovely thread.
    @CallMeMaggot
    */hemp
    @wretchedgretchen was probably talking about cultivated strains grown under sodium lamps and in hydroponic systems. 3-4 months, even less when you're growing automaticas - for example: https://sensiseeds.com/en/feminized-seeds/sensi-seeds/sensi-skunk-autoflowering
    Not anymore, bud. :obama:
    Ever since the initial legalization in Colorado, they've literally fucked the best Dutch seed banks. Read some High Times, sometimes. It's fucking madness. But i dig that, and i believe that USA will push things even further.
    :trumpdeal::trumpdeal::trumpdeal:

• Trigger Warning Trigger Warning x 2
    • List
  18. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

Clearly the only solution to Colorado's homeless problem is nationwide legalization.

• I Agree I Agree x 3
    • Shots Fired Shots Fired x 3
    • List
  19. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    No i specifically made it so i could tell them to stop sperging out

• Informative Informative x 1
    • wut wut x 1
    • lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol x 1
    • List
  20. AmbrJones Wickenshire

AmbrJones Wickenshire
    Expand Collapse
    Token Black Woman

Welfare Leach
    Nigga it's easier to remove the stank from a hunk of shit.