League of Legends

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by Emily, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Emily

Emily
    Expand Collapse
    BANNED LOL

I herd it's the new starcraft

2. moela

moela
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

i dabble in LoL

Too bad games get decided before they start, champ selection is half the game and the other half is seeing who has the most losers. Also game length doesn't support experimentation unless you have 9 buddies online at every given time

3. Voodeuxfy

Voodeuxfy
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I build cool shit, and investments.
    Home Page:
    I wish I could play a game where I don't have to read, "HURR DURR (name) IS FEEDZORS! HURR"

4. moela

moela
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

TRUE STORY TIME;
    long ago i played a game with some guy called TeXoPl or something, we won, he added me

he sporadically invites me to games but i never accept because i'm doing other shit or am in queue or whatever

so one day i accept and I just bought Eve. It's still pre-nerf, and eve seems like a really fucking fun champ to play. I am aware of the squish and how I will be either the king of the entire game or the reason we lose.
    I don't remember the build anymore but I'm p sure i wanted to get sheen and 5boots as core. I was duo lane and gave all the creep kills to lanemate kayle, assuming I'd cash in on kills and assists and eventually even roamed a little, mid-game.
    Things were not good, enemy had two tank, two nukes and sona in full medic mode and our team shied no effort to distribute damage output as equally as possible between the tanks, the stuns did nothing because the second I uncloaked i got targeted by every enemy and their dog

of all people, that texopl fuck started to call me a feeder because i tried to scout and do what was possible as opposed to MAGICALLY CHANGING MY CHAMP and every one of those babbies joined in

add insult to injury, enemy poppy tank took oracle and GA and basically became an indestructible permadetector

and I kept defending because I thought shit might turn around

worst game

5. Stephen

Stephen
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

You were pwnt.

6. Voodeuxfy

Voodeuxfy
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I build cool shit, and investments.
    Home Page:
    I love playing as Shaco or Twitch. Amumu is fun too, but I can never play him in ranked :\

7. a.t.

a.t.
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Teemo, vayne and shaco are the most useless pieces of shit. They can't do fucking anything in teamfight ever, causing our team to loose every single time. Also when we have teemo on our team hes usually first blood, and teemo on opposite team usually gets first blood.

Fuck you teemo, ward that dragon.

8. moela

moela
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Hell naw brah, AS/AD teemo is a staple choice, you can't go wrong with that. POP POP POP WATCHIN SLIVERS DROP

9. a.t.

a.t.
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Only in beginning, at mid game you wont be able to kill shit and you will be shut down by absolutely everyone. Al late game you are a warding machine. Nothing more nothing less.

I fucking dodge rounds with teemo in my team, thats how bad teemo is.

10. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
  11. Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen
    Expand Collapse
    gay singing robot

singing robot fucker
    Home Page:
    meanwhile in the Philippines

[​IMG]
    trans: LoL or Us?

12. Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen
    Expand Collapse
    gay singing robot

singing robot fucker
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]
    FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGOT

13. Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen
    Expand Collapse
    gay singing robot

singing robot fucker
    Home Page:
    meanwhile in the Philippines,
    [​IMG]

HUE

14. Milwin

Milwin
    Expand Collapse
    2013 Faggot of the Year

The Toast Cult
    Home Page:
    I haven't played league of legends in a while, probably because I keep fucking playing new shit instead of finishing what I have.

15. The Doctor

The Doctor
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Doesn't Work
    Home Page:
    Except you uninstall it in the first eight hours.

16. Gaegogi

Gaegogi
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Reformation Camp #24 Guard #52
    Everyone knows Fiddlestick is the best champ

17. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    I refuse to play LoL until they add a dunkey champion.

18. Cobalt

Cobalt
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Meowing

19. moT

moT
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Why play LoL when Dota 2 exists?

20. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    I've never played an MMO, am I missing out?

21. Dynamic Entry

Dynamic Entry
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Hokage

only if youre a neckbeard loser.

in this case, yes.

22. moT

moT
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

It's not an MMO. DotA-likes (which is what League of Legends is) are best described like this: Two teams of five people fight in a square map with three lanes, there is a base on opposite corners of the map. The three lanes connect the two bases and every 30 seconds a wave of units goes out on each of the three lanes from both bases. The units attack each other with the intent to destroy the towers on the lanes, the towers shoot at nearby enemies and each team has three towers per lane. Each player controls a unique character (except in League of Legends only a few of the characters are unique) chosen from a pool a characters with each one having a set of abilities. Overall the goal of the game is to push the lanes and destroy the enemies towers, which intent of destroying their base.

You aren't missing out on playing League of Legends. LoL is an incredibly dumbed down copy of the original WC3 mod, Defense of the Ancients, where they essentially removed several features that added an incredible amount of depth to the game while adding features that cause several imbalances. The game claims to be completely free while you do not have access to the entire game at the start, you instead have to grind by playing matches to get in game currency which you can then use to unlock characters. Matches typically last 20-50 minutes and yield 50-120 IP (which is the in game currency) whereas the oldest characters in the game are purchasable for 320 and the newer characters are 6300. You can also spend real money to buy these characters, the ones that cost around 6300 IP are around $10. Or you can pay real money to buy silly reskins of the characters. There is also this 'Rune' system that allows you to use IP to purchase items called 'Runes' which effect characters stats and can cause imbalances in the game. The game is incredibly grindy and barely any of the characters are interesting. Their lead character designer, Morello, is known for recycling the same character over and over again with slight changes and larger tits from the last.

You are however missing out on playing Dota 2, the exact remake of the Warcraft 3 mod that started the genre by Valve, Eul, and Icefrog. Eul was the original creator of the mod, and Icefrog has been working on it for the past 8 or so years after taking over from Guinsoo, who created an incredibly unbalanced DotA map that took the most popular characters of all the other DotA-like maps that showed up after Eul created the original. Guinsoo left a month after making the map and thank god he did because holy shit it was the biggest shitfest ever, like seriously Doom lasted 90 seconds and Riki got permanent invisibility at level 3. But anyways Dota 2 and Icefrogs DotA-Allstars are the perfect competitive multiplayer experiences. Dota 2 at this point is superior to DotA-Allstars, it is the same game but more graphically appealing and it runs in the Source engine, however it has less characters as of right now because they are not done remaking them and implementing them.

tl;dr: Don't waste your time with League of Legends, try out Dota 2 on steam.

And some obligatory screenshots of the three games:

DotA-Allstars:
    [​IMG]

Dota 2 (This screenshot is taken by me, its essentially the equivalent of hte DotA-Allstars picture, same hero, and positioning)
    [​IMG]

League of Legends
    [​IMG]

23. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Well.....

24. Milwin

Milwin
    Expand Collapse
    2013 Faggot of the Year

The Toast Cult
    Home Page:
    I tried league of legends and dota 2, I'll admit that I liked dota 2 more.

25. Beefcake

Beefcake
    Expand Collapse
    Best-selling author

League of Legends is like Dota 2 but for people with ADD and/or low skills.

26. Milwin

Milwin
    Expand Collapse
    2013 Faggot of the Year

The Toast Cult
    Home Page:
    no srsly, league of legends is so fucking easy, where the difficulty in dota 2 is great.

in dota 2 getting money is hard, while in league of legends you get money very easily and you don't lose it when you die, that kills one of the main points of the consequences when you die.

27. moT

moT
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Once you get used to last hitting in dota its a lot easier.

28. Beefcake

Beefcake
    Expand Collapse
    Best-selling author

Still much harder than LoL.

29. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

fucking douche jerk nugget whore puta

The treant and rhino dude from the strength side are the only two Dota 2 characters I would even bother to use because I've never so many bland characters in a game (out of those two, not a single one stood out). Some LoL characters are pretty damn bland like Garen.

30. BizarrePsycho

BizarrePsycho
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Livin' in a Gangsta's Paradise

You mean like this guy?
    [​IMG]

Sorry, bad joke.