Leads on an Animating Principle

Discussion in 'News' started by Dr. Rice, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    For those who know a bit about physics: there is 4 forces that make the universe possible: electromagnetism, gravity, strong and weak force. However, before these qualities were really "discovered" or defined, it was suspected that something like a soul existed. In modern terms this would be called an "Animating Principle" a quality that makes life possible.

However, there is evidence out there that such a thing as an animating principle is not something to rule out. If one day something like the animating principle is discovered and defined it would radically change our perspective on reality. I for suspect it will create a new wave of illumationist thinking and ideas (lol what a high brow joke).

2. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    I think that local increments of complexity are way better explained by the inevitable existence of extremes in the Gaussian function (or Bell curve, if you want) than by psedo-mystical concepts like the noosphere

Also, Lyndon H. LaRouche meets Theilard de Chardin, LOL

3. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    The thing is that science is beginning to get to the point where we are beginning to start to discover things that we won't like or make us uncomfortable. We have to deal with it. If the work of Dr. von Schrenk-Notzing is actually real (and it is quite possibly so) then the nature of the universe will become a lot more mysterious. While I am not convinced by the idea of the noosphere. When I propose the idea or notion of an animating principle, I don't mean it is some complex thing, the animating principle would be basic as a fundamental force of the universe, like gravity or strong force. It would be the 5th force that makes the universe possible.

4. molb*

molb*
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Bulbous
    lol

5. molb*

molb*
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Bulbous
    If you're going to spit in the face of scientific consensus, at least try to sound badass:

6. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page: