Kickass albums

Discussion in 'Music, Movies & Media' started by Helix, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Helix

Helix
    Expand Collapse
    resident stoner

College, mang
    Home Page:
    We've seen lots of threads here suggesting favorite tracks, but not so much talking about overall good albums. I know the album format is rapidly dying thanks to MP3's, but for those of you who still respect the art, let us know which albums you're willing to sit through as a whole. Three spring to mind for me immediately, the first one I'm actually listening to as I write.

Aqualung, fuck yeah. I don't know why, but nearly every track gives me chills. It's weird, I don't even listen to JT otherwise, just this one here.

Black Sabbath's Paranoid. I sit through this one in its entirety all of the time when I get stoned at home and have nothing to do. Once again, I don't -really- listen to these guys, but this album is fucking off of the charts.

Dark Side of the Moon. Yeah, I know, fucking cliche right? I just had to mention it. I mean come on, it's Pink Floyd we're talking about here. I'd probably listen to a compilation of all of their tracks ever if the mood struck me.

2. Ronny

Ronny
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

dago

This is one of my favorite album of all the time, particularly the first disc. It's just perfect: the concept, the music, the lyrics, everything; through the whole album there's always a bit of sadness that makes it special.

3. darren

darren
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

My kind of thread, I predominantly listen to albums.

All time is too difficult, this week I've enjoyed John Cale 1919, forest Swords Dagger Paths, and Vashti Bunyan just Another diamond day.

4. xXtryingtoohardXx

xXtryingtoohardXx
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Master Ruseman, commander of Manlove Mujahideen
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

Every song on this album is amazing. The spacey, bluesy, psychedelic sound, coupled with Jason Pierce's voice and emotional lyrics about a romance breaking apart and the subsequent fall into drug addiction make for one of the best albums of the 90's-no, of all time. A classic.