Katana's are the best sword ever made.

Discussion in 'Locker Room Talk' started by ExplosiveDiareah, Jan 6, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

We all know that the Japanese made the best swords in the world, called the Katana, after 8 weeks of meditating under the waterfalls the Japanese weapons master would go to work on making a Katana, and it was made with perfect skill and advanced techniques such as the folding of the steel which creates the extremely sharp and strong blade, the Katana once made was worn by a Samarai warrior who wielded it as if it was part of his body and it became one with his soul in battle as he sliced his way through hoardes of enemies shattering their weapons and stopping their arrows mid flight with the mighty Katana.
    The Katana was so sharp and powerful it could slice through a person in one swipe from the belt, in WW2 the Japanese used the Katana's against US soldiers with machine guns, the Katana and the skill of the Samarai made the Samarai warrior invincible as the sword was swung and deflected machine gun bullets in mid air, the Katana even cut through the barrells of machine guns rendering them useless the Katana is so much better than any Cutlass or European sword which were made of shitty iron and broke real easy, and a Samarai could kill any Knight or Barbarian Pirateer or swordsman of any kind, because they had superior sword wielding skills and the training of martial arts, the Katana could slice through all blades and pierce any armour!

so you faggots who likes guns are stupid anti japanese Gun tards who have a boner for guns and european swords, a Katana would be the best weapon in any combat situation, in the hands of a Samarai warrior it is an unstoppable killing force.

2. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    Unstoppable until a sniper pwns his yellow arse from 1km away.

Fuck you, and fuck your gay cheese knife.

3. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Samarai would deflect sniper bullet and would see the sniper, because they have training which probably includes getting better eyesight for dangers, and they might hear the bullet getting loaded, so they would know.

4. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
  5. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

The Katana is made of folded steel, do you even know what steel folding is? it's what makes the Katana so strong and sharp, and why it can cut through anything and not break.

6. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Are you trolling or do you actually believe this shit?

7. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Katana's are the best sword ever made just ask Katana collectors.

8. TheBrickBalls

TheBrickBalls
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Gay Nigger
    Home Page:
    Funny part: The warriors who typically wielded these blades, the samurai, wore wooden armor liberally coated with lacquer and seriously went into battle with this shit. I'm surprised they weren't dying by the droves and bursting in flames when faced with torch-wielding, rebellious peasants.

Besides, HY-80 steel is ungodly superior to what the swordsmiths were making their katanas out of regardless of how meticulous their methods are. We make the hulls of our submarines out of HY-80.

9. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I just found 2 guys better than your samurai

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Whatever, Katanas today would be even better if they used the new metals available.
    also, Katana's were always far sharper stronger and more durable than European swords, and not only that but Knights and Vikings and Paladins were all unskilled because the Samarai has far better training and skill.

11. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Don't you dare dodge my gunslingers.

Also, knights would fuck the shit up of Samurais. They were the Medieval equivalent of tanks

12. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Sorry for the late reply, ahem, well remember Samarai's are supposed to be able to swat bullets with the magic katana! so gunslingers would just have their bullets deflected then the Sumarai would charge and slice Clint Eastwood in half!

So what, Knights are tanks because they are slow stupid and heavy, but the folded steel can slice through the armour and kill the wearer, whether they are good swordsman or not, all knights suck at swordplay and the durability of their swords was allways very brittle and easy to break.

13. xy0xy1

xy0xy1
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

kissin where it smells funny
    Home Page:
    I prefer a mannequin head just like fuckin Al Snow. when you're enemies see you running to em holding a realistic longhaired head, there going to piss their pants and poop green shit when you start beating their head with your mannequin head

I'll use a katana, if only it's attached to an ATV. ATVswords are boss.

14. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    Knight sucks balls. Once you knock them from their horse (or just shoot them with a longbow, which happens to be the first training a Samurai would receive), they are basically fucked.

15. xy0xy1

xy0xy1
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

kissin where it smells funny
    Home Page:
    knights with chk-chk armor

[​IMG]

16. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

UNLESS the Knight had chain mail underneath, which would probably absorb most of the impact but leave a nasty bruise.
    depends on the weight of the bolt too.

Also that first video is utter bullshit.
    i've seen it before, i would expect so called Sword experts when doing a comparison to add an advantage to their favorite by using a modern katana and an authentic long sword, that's like using one of those shitty katana's that broke on that infomercial and comparing it to a replica long sword made with modern purified metals with nanotubing.
    People just like to maintain the myth about Japanese weaponry being mythical and amazingly superior, when in actual fact most of their shit probaby (and actually does) originate from China, which at the mention of the word China will send Weeaboo's screaming clapping their hands over their ears, because afterall being weeaboo's they program themselves to hate all other asian countries particularly china.
    not that hating China is a bad thing, it's just wrong to pretend that stuff used by or invented by the Chinese was all Japanese.

17. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Good to know. If I ever want to have some soup at Mariana Trench, now I know what kind of spoon I need.

Gunslinger are useless, that's obvious. A leet Samurai can deflect even fire from a Gatling, while composing haikus about the futility of existence

But, what about classical slingers? eh? eh?
    Katanas are a close relative of scissors. And we all know that stones always beat scissors.

Luckily enough, Samurais are taught Combat Origami...

18. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Because The Matrix Smith agents are based off the Sumarai's for their abilities to move so fast they can dodge a hail of bullets.

19. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:

One could also just arrowed the horse, likely resulting in a knightapult.

20. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    ?

21. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    Fucked up the BBC. I should probably be sleeping.

22. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Katanas are too large and unwieldy. Ninjatos are the best. But only the two-handed types. But I guess it depends on what you're doing with it. For almost anything the requires a slash, you're better off with a machete.

23. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Katanas have is uses, and aren't the longest japanese sword. Ninjatos, on the contrary, I don't get why they have to be two handed, plx some explanation?

Any slashing sword, like a viking one e.g., cuts way better than a machete, only for the lenght

24. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Two-handed for stability and power. The ninjatos are designed to tear through armour and flesh but it's hard to do so unless you have proper stability and power behind the thrust. A stabbing sword is much more efficient than a slashing sword. Few can properly defend themselves against it.

As far as machete's are concerned, their design puts their center-of-gravity at the end of the sword which gives the machete tremendous power with every swing. Most other swords are larger at the hilt and smaller at the tip, whereas the machete is the opposite. Also, unlike broadswords and the like, machetes don't crush, they cut.

25. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    Holy shit, The Member Formerly Known As Baya wrote something intelligent!

Edit:
    My mistake, disregard.

26. skylerconcarne

skylerconcarne
    Expand Collapse
    Not Banned

Illiterate pimp
    Home Page:

It's pretty obvious the Miracle Blade 3 Perfection Series is the best and sharpest blade ever made.
    [​IMG]
    Chef Tony wouldn't be caught dead with that weeb shit.

27. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    @CallMeMaggot I forgot to add that it also depends on what your objective is. If it's to kill with one blow then you go for a stabbing sword. If your objective is to incapacitate then you go for a slashing sword.

@MrGask You contribute nothing.

@skylerconcarne That could very well be the case but we're discussing swords, not knives.

28. skylerconcarne

skylerconcarne
    Expand Collapse
    Not Banned

Illiterate pimp
    Home Page:
  29. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    Since you're such an expert The Member Formerly Known As Baya, I challenge you to a duel. Let's meet in New York, outside the 47th Digital Store, 46th and Broadway. We should meet on 13th May, 2012.

As the challenged party, you may pick the sword of choice. Bear in mind you may have to provide me with one as I do not have a full inventory at the moment.

30. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Still don't get it. You can't pierce through armor, unless very shitty.
    And ninjas don't fight armored targets, anyways. The shadow in the night and shit, u know.

In fact, far as I know, ninjatos are folkloric myth

The lever power of a longer sword fully compensates that.
    That's why in cutting contest, people use swords, not machetes.
    Machetes are good for cutting power being short, that's the reason of their desing. Being able to cut reasonabily well abundant and soft stuff where there's no room to wield a longer blade (jungle, etc)

Ninjatos (if they exist) were short for the same reason, usability in confined spaces (corridors, rooms, etc)