Kabbalah Thread

Discussion in 'Religion & Politics' started by Negi Springfield, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Negi Springfield

Negi Springfield
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I wanted to make a thread for the Jewish mystical tradition of the Kabbalah and not clog up the Hermeticism thread. On the subject of the Kabbalah there is much that has been said, much that can be said, and a lot of people endorsing it and in many cases poisoning the well. Many people think of Madonna when they think of the Kabbalah. Fewer people think of the Sephirot, the mystical spheres that channel divine energy (Or) through the universe. I want to clear up some of the things that people get wrong and maybe answer questions about this confusing topic. However, it should be noted that for legit study of this art, one should have a teacher of some knowledge to guide one's spiritual journey. The common Jewish practice is to have a Rabbi act as a kind of guide (Sufi mysticism has a paralel in the Murshid) through the Zohar. The Zohar is a book written to teach lessons from the Torah, including the Ketuvim and Navi'im. Ketuvim is the writings and Navi'im is the prophetic books. In the Zohar all of these sources of Jewish thought are given esoteric or hidden meanings that enrich a person's spiritual knowledge of God.

2. lulzbomb

lulzbomb
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

There are also a tone of great books written by the "Golden Dawn" on the subject .(Granted the entire initiatory system is built on the Kabbalah)

3. lulzbomb

lulzbomb
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Crowley's 777 is a great book for learning basic correspondences as well.

4. Negi Springfield

Negi Springfield
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I've glanced through it and found a lot of interesting things, mostly the trivial kind of things that I love to find in obscure books and stuff. I'm talking crazy stuff like planets and the corresponding apostles of Christ. Wacky connections all in table format. Good stuff nonetheless.

You do have to take Crowley with a grain of salt though, since I've heard his ritual books have some nasty 'safeguards' that can fuck someone up spiritually. He must have taken a page out of the Pharaoh's handbook and did to his books what they did to their tombs.

5. lulzbomb

lulzbomb
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Indeed . I use him more for his tables . I prefer The Golden dawn's books for actual practice guides . With Crowley if you dont have a strong will /mind you will lose it. I think he intended it to be that way .

6. Negi Springfield

Negi Springfield
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I think all his wives either ended up dead or insane.

Not going to comment on that too much, but it does say something.

7. lulzbomb

lulzbomb
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

He did have a hell of an ego . Plus I do believe he left one of his male lovers Vincent (I believe his name was) a completely shattered man . Directly following a ritual calling of Choronzon in The hidden sphere of Daath.

8. Beefcake

Beefcake
    Expand Collapse
    Best-selling author

So, you people are Jewish wizards now? Carry on, I guess.

9. $$Trooper

$$Trooper
    Expand Collapse
    I'm $$Trooper, a badass commie nigger.

Dank Memes professor of Dank Community College.
    Home Page:
    isn't the Kabbalah supposed to be esoteric

10. Regi

Regi
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

original shitposter
    Home Page:
    hail moses

11. Regi

Regi
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

original shitposter
    Home Page:
    this should be stickied

12. Negi Springfield

Negi Springfield
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

The terms aron ha kodesh, haykal, and aron ha breet are used to refer to the Ark of the Covenant and the golden chest in the Tabernacle/Holy House on Mount Zion. Many synagogues have an altar like structure which is called by the same names. Other traditions in Judaism borrow from the Temple as well, including calling synagogues "bayeet tfilah" or houses of prayer. The same name was given to the first and second temples.

Here is one such haykal/Aron Ha Kodesh at the Western Wall in Jerusalem.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/-ojgsPWNhyWQ/S9_sKFiR92I/AAAAAAADBnI/VyPINMMEWMo/P1030364.JPG

13. Regi

Regi
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

original shitposter
    Home Page:
    maybe ark of covenant is not only a meme,Based on ancient Jewish writings, some have suggested the Ark is hidden on Mount Nebo on the Jordan River's east bank. This site is presently in the modern nation of Jordan with no hint of the Ark's presence.Another view suggests the Ark is located beneath Jerusalem, in a stone-carved tunnel. Some say it is beneath the suggested site of the Crucifixion, Gordon's Calvary. The Temple Institute in Jerusalem's Old City, an Ultra-Orthodox organization dedicated to rebuilding the Jewish Temple, says the Ark is under the temple mount and will be revealed at the proper time—when the temple is rebuilt.

14. Negi Springfield

Negi Springfield
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

On the subject of the Western Wall (or Wailing Wall) there is quite a bit that could be said. It is considered to be one of the more holy places other than the sanctuary precinct of the mountain. The wall was not very important before the destruction of the Temple, but afterwards it became very revered due to it being the closest to the Holy of Holies, called Kadosh Ha Kadoshim. Most Jews consider the wall to be nearly a synagogue and often wash in special lavers before approaching it for prayer. The Hebrew concept of holiness has not much in common with "magic" as the philosophical and religious concept of OHR (light from the Keter or crown sephirah) does. It is akin to divine radiation which man is unable to comprehend or approach without profaning it.

15. Negi Springfield

Negi Springfield
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I believe that the Ark is concealed, be that in heaven or somewhere on Earth. That being said, I don't think the Ark has any real power outside of it's former function. It's role was to replace the Golden Calf, which was a form of "throne" for HaShem. This is a little known fact about the Golden Calf that many people don't get, but I'm getting ahead of myself and going off on tangents. The ark was a replacement for this by having the Shakinah rest between the two Kerubim rather than the calf's horns.

God knows better than we do.

16. Regi

Regi
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

original shitposter
    Home Page:
    The contents of the Ark has been debated through the centuries. The general consensus is that the first tablets containing the Ten Commandments, which were broken by Moses, and the second tablets, which remained intact, were contained in the Ark (Bava Batra 14b). According to one opinion in the Talmud, both Tablets were together in the Ark; according to another, there were two Arks, and each contained one set of Tablets (Berakhot 8b).anyway this could be interesting discussion,we talk this again later negi, i got something to do here :)

17. lulzbomb

lulzbomb
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Yes.

18. lulzbomb

lulzbomb
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Not specifically ,or limited to .
    Just that I have a affinity for the Kabbalah ,and the Babylonian later of lights.

19. Regi

Regi
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

original shitposter
    Home Page:
    talking about ark of covenant some people say The Ark itself was a small box made of acacia wood, overlaid with gold. It measured 1.15 metres long, 0.7 metres wide and 0.7 metres high. It was carried by two long bars, also made of acacia wood overlaid with gold.not sure if it was true

20. Beefcake

Beefcake
    Expand Collapse
    Best-selling author

[​IMG]

21. Andria Kilgore

Andria Kilgore
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Dead
    Cool story bro. Now bring in the Zyklon-B.

22. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    as an isrealy,i can tell you that kabbalah fags are some of the most annoying people ever.