Jews planning to destroy solar panels in West Bank villages

Discussion in 'News' started by Seku, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Seku

Seku
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

bad bich
    Home Page:
    Israel is planning to demolish 'illegal' solar panels that are the only source of electricity for Palestinians in West Bank villages

[​IMG]

[source - guardian.co.uk]

2. ScrotumFlagship

ScrotumFlagship
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

ITT: Israelis being israelis

3. Lyle

Lyle
    Expand Collapse
    turtle

Anything that takes away from their Jewpire is a threat and must be destroyed!

4. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    Someday soon people will finally get fed up with israel and demolish the jews from the earth.

5. Slenderman

Slenderman
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Being confused with trees.
    Home Page:
    Cry more "Palestine."

6. kibou

kibou
    Expand Collapse
    Oppressed Minority

Sand people fighting eachother, I'm fine with this

There will be no massive Shariah Jihad while they're busy fighting for their solar panels

7. Kaiser

Kaiser
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Troll
    Home Page:
    Nobody cares. Tell the stone throwers to invest in real energy and not rockets to kill more Jews.

I'm sorry, but this story is full of shit. Solar Panels are weak sources of energy, it is doubtful that the Palestinians truly rely on Solar for their energy needs.

8. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    The two arrays shown appear to each contain 27 280-watt panels. Operating at peak (which shouldn't be a problem in the desert, providing they are kept clean), that is 15.12killowatts generated, or 15.12 kilowatt hours.

The average US home uses something like 24 kilowatt hours a day. It is not entirely improbable that a village of ~30 Tuskens use slightly less electricity in a day than the average US home.

9. ge5undhe17

ge5undhe17
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Lab Tech
    Should've paid up the Sunlight Tax to the jews.

10. Kaiser

Kaiser
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Troll
    Home Page:
    True, and an accurate and thorough answer. I was going by American consumption, which as you indicated these two solar panels would be insufficient to run a computer, TV, X-Box and fridge. Items not likely used by the stone throwers.

11. Rape Train

Rape Train
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Worst drug dealer ever
    It's because the Jews are afraid the Muslims will harness the power of the Sun to crush their enemies.

12. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

if we can't make money off of it then you can't have it?

sheesh, Israel really is just a smaller and more exaggerated version of the United States.

@oddguy what are your thoughts?

13. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Or I don't get you, or you are being very conservative...it's way better for them

27 x 280 W = 7560 W max instant output, not much but you can do some things with that (more like <6000 W, due to inverter loses...around 45/25 amperes at 130/230 V, like a basic home around here)

It's reasonable to say that in the desert you can have 8 hours at least of full irradiation, that would be almost 8 x 6kW = 46 kWh a day, and maybe half that more for another 6 hours...maybe around 50-60 kWh (real) a day on average?

Pretty useful for a small group of people

14. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    Honestly? I have not been keeping up with the news for a while now. Nor am I the kind of person who will defend his counties decisions at all costs.

This looks to me like some kind of poorly thought out and arbitrary decision,that was hastily approved and my be some childish revenge for the recent bombings in the north.

And although I strongly support the demolition of illegal structures (I think this is often made out to be more of a political issue than it really is) this particular example seems extreme,and possibly driven by alterer motives.

tl;dr
    Stupid decision by stupid government.

15. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

so how does a solar panel count as an illegal structure exactly? do you need government approval for EVERYTHING over there?

16. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    You have to approve fucking solar panels! You can't just build your own solar panels! You have to get a permits and shit from like... the zoning committee,the department of energy and all those motherfuckers!

i'm not saying they should demolish it,but legally speaking,they can.
    Arabs and conservative Jews keep building illegal structures everywhere... not to mention all kinds of idiots who suddenly decide they will add a balcony to their house without asking anyone... So the laws on these things in Israel are vary strict. Not that everyone doesn't ignore them anyway.

17. molb*

molb*
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Bulbous

Does retroactive approval happen at all? Or would that undermine the governments attempts to get people to seek approval in the first place? Also I'm wondering if some of the extreme Zionists are purposely building illegal structures to force the government to do an equal crack down on dirt people who don't know any better.

18. skylerconcarne

skylerconcarne
    Expand Collapse
    Not Banned

Illiterate pimp
    Home Page:
    My gang stole a number of large solar panels from the county that I live in. That was like 2 years ago and we have still not found a good use for them. I think we need a dry cell battery or something.

19. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    Retroactive approval is pretty rare... But,as you know,anything can suddenly become legal with a good enough lawyer.

And the extreme zionists just build... There isn't really a plan. They go somewhere past the green line,start a settlement,sometimes they get evicted,and sometimes they get ignored in hopes that in some future agreement that area will become a part of israel,or to appease the extremist right part of the coalition government,or for any number of illegitimate reasons.

20. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    Forgot to take into account that it would be on all day/part of the night. I was just doing some quick calculations to show that it is not implausible to power a small village with such an array.
    Definitely you would need something to store the power generated. Tactically acquire some car batteries and you might be able to hook up something like this;
    [​IMG]

21. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    It's difficult and expensive. You need a regulator, PV batteries and an inverter if you want 130/230 V
    The problem with car batteries is that they are designed for small discharge cycles, if you use them like for a PV installation, in a couple of years at most they will be ruined.

22. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    This is unsurprising given they did WTC.

23. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    Can't one just maintain the batteries (replacing dialectic, maintain metal surfaces, etc...) to prolong battery life?

It is definitely not sustainable forever with batteries, but no electrical storage is.

Ideally one would want to run it into house power with a slip to charge the batteries.

24. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Nope, it's a constructive thing. Car batteries are made to sustain discharge percentajes of around 10-20%, max 30%.
    On those conditions, they can work up to 5 years.
    On discharge depths of 70-80%, the usual in a PV installation, they only sustain around 400 cycles, or 1-2 years.

Lead PV batteries are around 1$/ampere-hour, and are heavy motherfuckers, in fact right now I just caused me a little strain on the back carrying one of those, they weight like 45kg each...but they can work around 15 years with deep discharge cycles

A basic PV system can be: 4 x 230w panels with MPPT+ regulator +2-3 batteries+ inverter+ ancillaries=4500$ for a 1kW system

25. Web v1.0

Web v1.0
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

That's the diabeetus-ridden Gaza Strip you're talking about.