Is there a more reliable way to export the source code from old wikis like previous ED or wikichans?

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by tyciol, Aug 16, 2011.

1. tyciol

tyciol
    Expand Collapse
    pedophile

Student
    Home Page:
    It could apply to old ED pages which haven't been restored yet, or if we could get Wayback or something to crawl the histories and restore the source correctly...

But out of personal interest, I noticed Wikichan.net went down at the end of June or something and I was in the process of restoring articles there that had been on Wikichan.org previously. Someone did invite me to try doing it on one of the other wikis (not sure if it was lurkmore or uncyc) but basically, the more places the content is mirrored the better.

Since ED gets into covering memes and chans to some degree, and does have some copypasta articles, would it be acceptable to create a 'wikichan' category and restore all the crazy stories that used to be on there? Obviously of primarily interest to me are the incest/lolicon tales, but there's really a lot of them. "Cheerios" and "Weirding Way" come to mind as classics.

• Fuck off retard Fuck off retard x 1
    • List
  2. TKN

TKN
    Expand Collapse
    FINAL BOSS

CTU - New York
    Special:Export on a wiki is the closest thing (if the wiki is still up)

3. Rock

Rock
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Pretty boy swag'n
    Home Page:
    HOLY SHIT YOU POSTED

4. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse
    2017 Faggot Of The Year

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    I would have no problem with importing the old Wikichan stories if they can be found. I am the one who created the Nurse-kun page with all of it's subpages on ED. I stole it from Shii's site.

5. tyciol

tyciol
    Expand Collapse
    pedophile

Student
    Home Page:
    Excellent, well since you gave permission Zaig I can go ahead with it. Unfortunately I am not familiar with how to use the export function yet, but I am able to find a lot of logs on the wayback machine. We have an article on Wikichan as well as the 'collection of incest confessions' subpage. I was thinking to basically make all the stories a sub-page of Wikichan and use the same categories that were there in the past for simplicity.

In some cases I can copy the source code directly, but in a lot of them, it's blocked from view for some reason.

• Fuck off retard Fuck off retard x 1
    • List