Iron Savior

Discussion in 'Music, Movies & Media' started by Dr. Rice, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Iron Savior's new album is easily their strongest album yet. The name Iron Savior is a saga they sing about which some of their songs are about. The Iron Savior was a machine of war made by the people Atlantis to protect them. It eventually destroyed their civilization. Now it forever roams the universe as it is too powerful, apparently it can travel across universes and such. It explores the universe to understand what its purpose is. Eventually it destroys itself because its immortality and power over possibly billions of years made it go insane.

Iron Savior's music is heavily influenced by Gamma Ray as Kai Henson helped form the band so I suspect they are influenced by Hermeticism (as Gamma Ray clearly is). However, Iron Savior doesn't really mention it except briefly in a few songs, and even then, they use subtle language to reference it. Instead they focus on questions like immortality, freedom, and what it means to have power.

Here is some of their older stuff (which is all good)

2. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    My favorite (one of the Hermetic reference songs, but I liked it before I knew that)