In order for your friend(s) to play any used Xbox One game, they essentially have to pay full price

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by pigeonhole, May 21, 2013.

1. pigeonhole

pigeonhole
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Founder of DA- Delicacies
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]
    1 annotation
    Hide
    [​IMG]
    xbox
    Jason Schreier 17 minutes ago 12,786 137

You Will Be Able To Trade Xbox One Games Online, Microsoft Says

Xbox One games will require a one-time activation code to use, but you'll still be able to trade and sell them online, Microsoft tells Kotaku—although we're not 100% clear on the details.
    Speaking to us at the big event in Redmond today, Microsoft corporate vice president Phil Harrison clarified a couple of details about the system's used game policy and explained that there will be a solution for people who want to trade games with their friends.
    Here's how the system works: when you buy an Xbox One game, you'll get a unique code that you enter when you install that game. You'll have to connect to the Internet in order to authorize that code, and the code can only be used once. Once you use it, that game will then be linked to your Xbox Live account. "It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as you’d like," Harrison said.
    Other users on the console will be able to play that game as well, Harrison said. So you don't need to buy multiple games per family. "With the built-in parental controls of the system it is shared amog the users of the device," he said.
    But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says.
    "The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."
    "They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.
    "Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.
    But that doesn't mean used games are dead. In fact, Harrison told us, you'll be able to sell your Xbox One games online.
    "We will have a solution—we’re not talking about it today—for you to be able to trade your previously-played games online," Harrison said.
    The Xbox exec wouldn't give further details on how this system will work, but we're assuming that once you're done with a game, you can trade the code online and it will be erased from your machine. But what will you get? Other games? Microsoft Points?
    No matter how the final system works, it is not likely to please GameStop, the world's biggest buyer and seller of used video games, but it could be a tantalizing way to share games with your friends in the virtual space.

2. pigeonhole

pigeonhole
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Founder of DA- Delicacies
    Home Page:
    Good job putting yourself out of the race Micro$oft.
    Go back to making computers you stupid fucks.
    How do you mess up worse than Sony in terms of console presentation, and Nintendo in system naming?

3. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Millions of $ and time wasted

4. Stephen

Stephen
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

lol stupid consolefags, i'm so glad i'm part of the

Attached Files:

5. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    A license. That's what this is. Go home, Microsoft. You're drunk.

• Autism Autism x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  6. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    BITCH PLEASE! :GAYHAND: I did this with steam :gaben:

7. GSTalbert1

GSTalbert1
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Part Time Substitute Teacher Full time Teal Deer

The entire market is built around manipulation and exploitation of Governmental protection. All wealth has been made not with hard work and effort but through lies and the law.

8. Atomic_Joe

Atomic_Joe
    Expand Collapse
    Joevahkiin

Throat Puncher
    Home Page:
    General response to everything about the Xbox One.

9. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Yes, they are using the government as it was intended to be used.

10. GSTalbert1

GSTalbert1
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

This is hard for you to realize but ppl did not create government to make video games expensive. Part of the issue is that perfectly healthy adults, such as yourself, who don't work (like I do) are allowed to sit on their entitled asses while parasitically stealing from their friends and neighbors. You do realize what you are doing is no different b/c being an overgrown manchild who thinks volunteering at a soup kitchen is actual work =/= disability.

11. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    They made government to give themselves and their friends an edge. That's the purpose of government. That's its function. That's how it works in both theory and practise.

12. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

GBP Management Assistant
    No way, for real!? That's awesome! Such innovators.
    It's just like when you share a game with your friend, except that you don't and you're just making him buy another one.

13. GSTalbert1

GSTalbert1
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

No it isn't.

No it isn't.

What theory are you referring to? Citations or you fail.

14. bonesy

bonesy
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

homosexual
    Home Page:
    This Xbox One really does seem like one of those shitty money pools. What I want to know is... how do they know the game is used or not? While sure there''s the activation code, that can probably be cracked like Photoshop copies and such can. I don't understand why there's a need to make some one pay for the extra game when they're probably borrowing it OR buying it from a trade-in store.
    Seems like a bunch of tish to me. Personally, whenever I let a friend borrow a game, or I borrowed a game off of a friend, we'd give each other a different game of 'equal value' (or just what they wanted) or £15 'deposit' in case of damage or irreversible glitch/game data failure.

Seems silly to make the friend buy a whole 'nother game, especially if it's a rare game where you can't bloody buy another.

15. Hemlock

Hemlock
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Unemployed IT Student and Linux User
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

16. Die In A Fire

Die In A Fire
    Expand Collapse
    Presutable Woard

Gree Guy Clone
    Home Page:
    Wow, that is fucking beyond ridiculous.

17. Bass

Bass
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Better than you
    Honestly if you look at how much Steam and Origin have been making this was only a matter of time. I'm willing to bet Sony was going to do the same thing but will ease up now that they've seen how much shit Microsoft is catching.

18. bonesy

bonesy
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

homosexual
    Home Page:
    But with hosts like Steam, where you can't actually give someone else the game to borrow/have or trade it in, it makes sense. With gaming on Steam, it seems a lot more acceptable to not be able to trade games than it does on a console, probably because you don't actually own the disk and there isn't a risk of it being damaged (unless the game becomes corrupt). If Xbox/Sony released a console with no CD port that meant you could only download games and media from their stores/market, then it'd be more acceptable to have a no-trade gaming system. But considering the fact that that's not how microsoft are doing it, then it is indeed causing a lot of shit.
    If Sony did the same thing, I feel they'd do it a lot better, not because I feel Sony is a better company, but... something about them, be it the look of their consoles or how they operate, makes them feel a lot superior to Microsoft. I feel Sony would adapt to the fans' taste better than Microsoft does, in short.

19. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    LOL, nice try. Go back to drinking yourself into an early grave, you fucking amateur.

• Autism Autism x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    Same shit different asshole

21. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse