IM SO FUCKING CONFUSED!!!

Discussion in 'Religion & Politics' started by Squall741, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Squall741

Squall741
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

When I was a child, I was thought that God is a loving and forgiving God being. When I've gotten older and the help of the internet, Something is wrong. War, Disease, and Poverty. What kind of God let this happen. My Mom anyways say: "Oh you have to pray more and hard." But, What if your prayer isn't answered? What's the point of praying in the first place? As of now, I still think that there is a God, but not the God you think you would know. I think God is just a natural force and it doesn't have a conscience and it doesn't judge.

• OP is a Faggot OP is a Faggot x 1
    • List
  2. Die In A Fire

Die In A Fire
    Expand Collapse
    Presutable Woard

Gree Guy Clone
    Home Page:
    There are no answers in life, only questions.

3. endsenten

endsenten
    Expand Collapse
    Knows where you sleep

Epicurus answered this one a shitload years ago:

4. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

GBP Management Assistant
    We are our god's god, we can imagine him as we like.

inb4pointlessignorantdebate

5. skylerconcarne

skylerconcarne
    Expand Collapse
    Not Banned

Illiterate pimp
    Home Page:
    I think God is a faggot.

6. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration

7. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Because God doesn't care about plebeians. It only cares about individuals who have any worth to God, for you see, existence is a game and God needs players.

8. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Have you religious types ever thought that maybe hearing all those prayers drove God insane? How long could your sanity last hearing the prayers of every perverted you indirectly created? About as long as it takes your brain to process it, I imagine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  9. Khanzer

Khanzer
    Expand Collapse
    EDF official mascot

Wizard
    Bad time are needed to prove your faith, you need to survive all this shits to gain the heaven.

10. ChristianWarrior94

ChristianWarrior94
    Expand Collapse
    Emissary of Christ

Basically this.

Also, if God always intervened every time something bad would happen you fags would complain about not having free will and crap. There's just no pleasing your type - so Hell is the only destination for you! You obviously don't want God, so you can enjoy eternity without Him... only then you will finally open your eyes and realize the error of your sinful ways...

... But that's why I'm here. To save you, from yourself.

11. Khanzer

Khanzer
    Expand Collapse
    EDF official mascot

Wizard
    90% of the EDF's user are going to hell :(

12. swishy

swishy
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

cunt bubble
    There is always going to be some flaw in religion once we realize them, especially as we get older. Personally, I believe there is a higher being, whether people see it as "God", "Satan", "Buddha", "Shiva", themselves, etc., and we want to do right by their/our own teachings. We're all going to question certain religions but I feel my view on it is best.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  13. Squall741

Squall741
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

How about this then. Why can't God remove our sins? Why can't God kill Lucifer just like that? If he's all powerful and all wise, Why can't he just predict the shit that is going to happen and just fix it. I have this last question also, Once you're in Heaven what else to do? Wouldn't be boring in Haven after the 9999th day in Heaven? In Hell Wouldn't you get use the torture and adapt to it?

So basically just follow the teachings of the Bible and have to will to endure just because our Ancestor's sins? Even if I go to Heaven, What about my Muslim and Jewish friends?
    What about them Are they going to Heaven just because they were born in the wrong family or region. If CW94 was in Turkey, He would be Muslim trying to convert us to Islam. MuslimWarriot94

I'm really trying but everyday when you go on the internet, everyday shit will loosen your faith in God. (i.e. LHC and New Earth-like planet that will contain life)

I also found this vid:

14. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    What? No, the reality of science and another planet doesn't disprove the existence of God. In fact there are many things in science that support a creator more than not.

In regards to good vs evil, the reason why God doesn't destroy evil is as I have stated before, reality is a game that needs players. This is a simplification of what we Hermeticists believe. The simplest level of this game is good vs evil. Most people don't ever get beyond this level of play and are subject to the actions and controlling of much higher players in the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  15. Squall741

Squall741
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

To clarify this from my past post. I mean the Christian God. If we found a new Alien Species from another planet, Will Christianity and Islam exist?

So God is bored and his needs players to fight evil?

16. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I think they still will, the religion will just evolve. I think Christianity will have a harder time adapting due to the fact they are more self righteous. The Muslims believe that there were Djinn prophets at the same time as Muhammad. Islamic scholars will use this as a means of saying, "oh yeah alien prophets existed too." I am pretty sure aliens will be just as religious as humans in their own way.

It isn't really about a battle of Good verse Evil (I am speaking from a hermetic perspective), it is about success and winning. While God is suppose to be the source of Good, he is also the source of Evil (for without good, there is no evil). The players aren't about fighting evil or good, as players can be good, evil, or somewhere in between. While I cannot talk about everything I believe to non-believers, as hermeticism is an esoteric philosophy, but life is about winning, whatever the player and his/her relationship to God determines winning to be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  17. ChristianWarrior94

ChristianWarrior94
    Expand Collapse
    Emissary of Christ

Jesus died for our sins so that we could have a chance at salvation. It proves unconditional love that endows us with hope and faith.

That is a far greater gift then ignoring sinful lifestyles.

If you have a problem with this explanation, do tell me.

I think it would be a blast to rejoice to the Lord for eternity! Have you met Him before??

18. Squall741

Squall741
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Have you met Him before??[/quote]

No.

19. endsenten

endsenten
    Expand Collapse
    Knows where you sleep

20. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    To help paint a picture of what the Hermetic God is like and what it is interested in, here is some songs about It.

The implications are quite terrifying in my opinion. And this is just the stuff we discuss openly. The shit we talk about in private is vastly more terrifying.

21. Moscow

Moscow
    Expand Collapse
    It's not just about football

Judging you
    Home Page:
    ah, very wise.

22. Khanzer

Khanzer
    Expand Collapse
    EDF official mascot

Wizard
    I don't know about the others, but they can have a chance. Also the reason of why evil is needed is because without it there is not good, good and evil belong to the same coin and they are needed to make that coin exist.

23. Voodeuxfy

Voodeuxfy
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I build cool shit, and investments.
    Home Page:
    Look, the reason why Religion was implemented in the first place was just set as an explanation of why things were the way they are, back in the good ol' days where if you didn't like someone, you could beat them over the head with a Mammoth's femur. Our ancestors wanted a reason why the sun rose and set, why there are changes in seasons, and why we all are here. So for things that couldn't physically be explained, the introduction of gods were brought in by those who enjoyed stories of things mystical to them. Those stories grew and exaggerated to where they were perceived as reality, and as others adapted the stories, rituals were brought forth to honor and appease the said god, to draw favor like a child to a father figure. But soon greed came about, as for those seeking to claim what so many others sacrificed as their meaning for living. Covenants and priests emerged, boasting of powers imbued to them by the god that they worshiped, claiming only they and those who practiced their arts could commune to those on high. Soon, the egotistical powers set in, and put forth wars and conquests, to conquer lands in the name of their gods, and to amass riches for them. And so has it persisted to today.

I believe Religion is just an evolutionary trait, and one that is falling out the the social gene pool. The only reason that it has survived for so long is because of fear and obligatory conformity.
    --------------
    TL;DR
    Religion is a penis-showing game, and Humanity is exiting is punk-pop emo phase for intelligent adulthood.

24. ChristianWarrior94

ChristianWarrior94
    Expand Collapse
    Emissary of Christ

Well, maybe you should give it a go before passing judgement.

You think that article is trying to say, "your God says it's right in order for people to discover that it's wrong." (35:25, 2 minutes after the link you posted so I'm not sure if that's what you were getting at.)

Is that really what you got out of it?

25. Racketeer

Racketeer
    Expand Collapse
    2012 Faggot of the Year

The Magical Eggplant
    Jesus died on the cross just like thousands of other Jews (the fact that Jesus was not a Jew, but a faggot means little at this point). According to Wikipedia, Jesus died in Calvary Hill, which is just out of Jerusalem. Pontius Pilate, the Roman Governor, ordered the Crucifixion of Jesus in 33AD, during the passover. The passover was a Jewish holiday, and as I have already pointed out, Jesus was not Jewish! Pilate executed Jesus because he was going to start a riot with his mere presence! The Romans Crucified thousands of people, thousands, Pilate probably didn't even think about it, just an automatic asswhooping for fucking with the wrong Roman.

tL:dR;
    There is no scientific evidence of anything in the Gospels ever happening. We don't even have proof if Jesus existed! If he did, he probably deserved to get his ass beat.

[​IMG]

(He's not Jewish!)

26. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    No, no, he's bored and faps. A lot.

We are the the spermatozoons, dying by the millions on the subsequent free falls

27. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:

[​IMG]

28. Solution

Solution
    Expand Collapse
    Everyone is boring

Home Page:
    God, architect and lord of Trolls. Satan, Jesus, Buddha, Mohammad, Krishna, Genghis Khan, Jeanne d'Arc, Hitler and historically provable or not all other Greats, are naught but his sock puppets. Good and evil, truly do not exist but are narrow sighted interpretations of his Will. Truly blessed among men, those who give them self to his divine Will, that find not anger nor discontent but joy in the drama and suffering he bestows upon believers and unbelievers, alike. In all things he provides Lulz and it is through this sacred Lulz that one shall find true and lasting peace, for it removes one from the cruel and unrelenting punchline of mortal life and prepares for them a seat in the eternal and holiest of jokes to sit and laugh with the King of Trolls.

29. Racketeer

Racketeer
    Expand Collapse
    2012 Faggot of the Year

The Magical Eggplant
    Dissapointed in you Solution, dissapointed.

/predicts David will never post in this thread.

30. ChristianWarrior94

ChristianWarrior94
    Expand Collapse
    Emissary of Christ

Finally someone agrees with the fact that Jesus was not Jewish!

One questions though - how does the tL:dR part match with the top part? I don't see the correlation...

Give me a break I just got out of a 12 hour shift.