I'm about to be expelled from uni....Diaper Dumpster

Discussion in 'Hard Gay Shitpost Metropolis' started by dropdatwat, Mar 22, 2019.

A very friendly community
  1. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Bae's Best Friend

I've been writing an app in React for the last 48 hours and I hope this entire platform goes to hell.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. GirlOnInternet

GirlOnInternet
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Script kiddie diddler shit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Quality Shoop Quality Shoop x 1
    • List
  3. Ricki

Ricki
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

React can suck a dick. It took me ages to understand context consumer/producer. I get why people like it because it's powerful and all, but my god does it like to make things confusing.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Bae's Best Friend

onSubmit={(e) => this.that(e, fuck.this)}

Thanks Zuckerberg

• Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • List
  5. Kodiak

Kodiak
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    • Trigger Warning Trigger Warning x 1
    • List
  6. MaynarNawtwhamen

MaynarNawtwhamen
    Expand Collapse
    BANNED LOL

I like when the peanut gallery tries to play pretend. Let's play a fun game... this game is called You Look Stupid. The rules are simple, you tell me how great HTML5 is... and I tell you something HTML5 is wholly incapable of doing.

1. No gapless audio support.

Okay, keep going, Stupid. Tell me how great your training pants markup language is, I'll keep ripping it apart with every new reply you make.

• Kill Yourself x 2
    • lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol x 2
    • Dumb Question x 1
    • Autism x 1
    • Butthurt x 1
    • List
  7. Immortal_Cake

Immortal_Cake
    Expand Collapse
    They Don't Think It Be Like It Is But It Do

Lot Lizard Strangler
    I've only learned a couple of words used in Python and only understand the very basics of how the programming in that language works. Other than that, I haven't read beyond that in my Programming For Beginners book. I got it when I was going to start college and stopped caring after I was placed under financial aid suspension, after my second semester, last year.

• Nobody Cares Nobody Cares x 1
    • List
  8. MaynarNawtwhamen

MaynarNawtwhamen
    Expand Collapse
    BANNED LOL

*citation needed

I'm guessing he's referring to something like Shockwave... and not even Shockwave Flash but, like, the ~original~ Shockwave.

These kids are so stupid they actually think Flash is just ~one~ thing.

• Kill Yourself Kill Yourself x 6
    • Dumb Question Dumb Question x 1
    • Butthurt Butthurt x 1
    • lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol x 1
    • List
  9. corpsefriedchicken

corpsefriedchicken
    Expand Collapse
    I donate to Israel every year

Phone Sex Operator
    • I Agree I Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Shots Fired Shots Fired x 1
    • List
  10. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Bae's Best Friend

Aw shucks, you can't perfectly loop background music on your geocities page with an <audio> tag

• Like Like x 5
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • List
  11. MaynarNawtwhamen

MaynarNawtwhamen
    Expand Collapse
    BANNED LOL

Oh, you want to see "God Level" coding?

Well, here's the prototype that I originally made back in the early 2Ks...

http://mimkrys.epizy.com/qausi.html

Doesn't look like much, does it? Try resizing your browser window though, watch what happens. Perfect liquid design, every single element, image and piece of text is capable of dynamically resizing on-the-fly. It automatically detects the browser and window size and recodes itself to match its environment.

You can also move the little semi-transparent window around. And, yes, those alpha transparencies work in ANY browser, including Internet Explorer!

To the novice it may not really seem all that impressive, but code wise it's pretty amazing. The site is "living" in a sense, in that, it actually writes its own code and can dynamically rewrite its code based on user interaction. The code for the site is actually split apart into dozens of variables and variable arrays that act like DNA sequences that can be rearranged into different configurations. This likewise means the site takes up as little space as possible as every single bit of redundant code is recycled as needed.

Check this out...

http://mimkrys.epizy.com/internals.js

...unfortunately coding like that is... well you'd probably go insane if you actually tried coding like that on a regular basis. It's a fun "proof of concept", but practicality wise it's largely only good for showing off.

HTML and Javascript are the easiest to make sites with, but there are limitations when you start getting into game design or program design.

I've made hundreds (if not thousands) of sites over the years, using just about every combination of languages and forms you can think of. I've likewise remade sites using different combinations. Mostly to compare site sizes, loading times and different techniques.

• lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol x 4
    • Kill Yourself x 3
    • Tl;dr x 1
    • Dumb Question x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • List
  12. Ricki

Ricki
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Okay I can play this game

1. HTML5 is still being supported, unlike flash soon https://redmondmag.com/articles/2017/07/25/adobe-ending-flash-support.aspx

2. Supported by all browsers natively, flash requires a plugin

3. Requires less processing power compared to flash

4. Open source, you don't need any money, flash you have to buy to develop in it

5. Better with search optimization

13. Lurk

Lurk
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

i am not opening anything you link to, especially anything you claim you've coded yourself. your shit code might accidently trigger some latent decepticon transformation left in the third cpu core by the chinese.

• Like Like x 4
    • I Agree I Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Kodiak

Kodiak
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

:D :D :D

• I Agree I Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. corpsefriedchicken

corpsefriedchicken
    Expand Collapse
    I donate to Israel every year

Phone Sex Operator
    I gave you the sauce bro, why you dodging?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Ricki

Ricki
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Dude, css @media screen can do the exact same thing with less lag. While I am slightly impressed you decided to make your own version from scratch, it's not efficient. While I tested your site it took its time resizing.

As for the whole "website recodes itself on user interaction", I've done that in homework assignments in both plain Javascript and React. It's not that hard.

• Shots Fired Shots Fired x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. MaynarNawtwhamen

MaynarNawtwhamen
    Expand Collapse
    BANNED LOL

Uh... that's just for the Flash player dude. ActionScript is used in a variety of mediums, like Adobe AIR and Scaleform GFx.

Like I said before, it makes sense to kill off the Flash player for regular pedestrian browsers... I mean that's like putting a truck engine in a bathtub.

• Autism Autism x 2
    • lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol x 2
    • Kill Yourself Kill Yourself x 1
    • List
  18. MaynarNawtwhamen

MaynarNawtwhamen
    Expand Collapse
    BANNED LOL

I was thinking more along the lines of creating a web based audio mixing application, or a kind of livestream DJ web application.

• lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol x 4
    • Kill Yourself Kill Yourself x 1
    • List
  19. Baka

Baka
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

why arent you in jail yet

• Good Question Good Question x 3
    • Shots Fired Shots Fired x 1
    • List
  20. Lurk

Lurk
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

21. Baka

Baka
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I don't know why but I felt a small amount of sympathy towards him.

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • List
  22. Kodiak

Kodiak
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

If I created 'thousands' of sites, I would have a nice house and a nice vehicle. I wouldn't be living with my fucking mom in some shit apartment.

• Shots Fired Shots Fired x 2
    • List
  23. Barrabas

Barrabas
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Microwave
    Why haven't the lives of everyone and their loved ones been ruined yet?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    • List
  24. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Bae's Best Friend

Unity builds to WASM

There's no point in developing for a platform that has no browser support because Adobe can't be arsed to fix the 500 arbitrary code execution vulnerabilities.

Flash is dead.

Actionscript is dead.

25. Kodiak

Kodiak
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

I had sympathy until I thought about the kids he shot. Fuck him.

He lived with his parents and had a job. He could have saved and did something else.

If your life is that bad off, think of it as an opportunity.

There are plenty of jobs for single males who are willing to travel and have nothing to lose.

• Like Like x 2
    • I Agree I Agree x 2
    • List
  26. Baka

Baka
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Yeah. There really are. All the guys in my counseling group for drugs/alcohol were making good money at some point working in fucking Texas or something like that. He was just a pussy.

• I Agree I Agree x 4
    • List
  27. MaynarNawtwhamen

MaynarNawtwhamen
    Expand Collapse
    BANNED LOL

1. Absolutely incorrect. HTML5 is a THEORETICAL collection of coding standards which NO BROWSER MAKER FULLY ADHERES TO! Firefox is probably the best overall with Microsoft traditionally being the WORST, but, in any event if you want to do anything fancy... yer gonna run into MASSIVE cross browser compatibility problems. Also, that's just the Flash player... who cares? I mean, you can bloody well make your own Flash player, it's not hard. I actually used to use SwishMax which I liked a lot better than Adobe's little sandbox.

2. See above, NO BROWSER FULLY SUPPORTS HTML5... none, zip, zero, nada... you are not a web coder, because you would know this if you were. When you use something like HTML5 there is no innate cross browser compatibility like you get with using other forms.

3. Wrong argument. The problem is not that Flash can use more processing power, it's that more processing power uses more electricity, as in mobile devices will run out of power quicker... although it's bit of a nitpick because it's usually the result of bad coding. Flash is easy to screw up, it's not for pedestrians. And at this point you should be using Adobe AIR anyway.

4. Um, AS3 is open-source. Like I said before, anyone can make their own Flash player.

5. Absolutely incorrect. Not only can modern search engines spider Flash content there are a variety of neat little tricks you can do in order to maximize SEO. Overall it's less of a problem with Flash and more a problem with site design. With Flash there's often a gravitation towards making completely enclosed sites, that is the ENTIRE site is essentially just... one page. Obviously that doesn't work so well for SEO. But you don't ~have~ to design that way, you can use Flash across multiple pages and likewise the ~whole~ page doesn't need to be Flash. The idea is to just use Flash for the things that you need it for and not for the things that you don't.

It's not about using ONE language and ignoring all others.

• Butthurt Butthurt x 6
    • lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol x 1
    • List
  28. dropdatwat

dropdatwat
    Expand Collapse
    Cum Tissues

• I Agree I Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  29. Baka

Baka
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

30. Kodiak

Kodiak
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

He was next to Colorado. Should have got a job at a ski resort and had some fun. Then in the summer go work at Yellowstone or something. Between jobs he could crash at his parents and milk unemployment.