IDEA!

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by Onideus, Sep 26, 2013.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. Onideus

Onideus
    Expand Collapse
    Taking Down ED

God of demons.
    Well, okay, that's not new, I get like a gagillion new ideas all the time, but this, this is AWESOME and I don't think it's been done much before either. Mmmkay, you know like uh, what dioramas are, yes? So I ran a Google search and TADA, not the first person to come up with ~that~ idea, quite a few artists have taken a crack at the form using various methods and materials to create video game based dioramas. So, like, here's my idea for a ~twist~ on it...3D PRINTING! *nods*

Or like, 3D printed sprite/block forms, sort of like designer Legos! And like, what if you put like magnets inside of them so that they STICK magically to one another. Or you could use some other type of Lego like interconnecting hooha.

You could also set them up as like PUZZLES, to sell in kits, where you stick them together following instructions in order to build some particular scene, or you can use your own creativity and make something ~new~...nifty, huh?

Now I just need a Kickstarter account, some people who wanna invest in it and...oh, yeah, like six or eight clones of myself since I already have too many projects/ideas as it is. *sigh* Bother...oh well, maybe someone will "steal" the idea and make it come to fruition.

• OP is a Faggot OP is a Faggot x 1
    • List
  2. Onideus

Onideus
    Expand Collapse
    Taking Down ED

God of demons.
    Here's a picture of one the paper craft based dioramas.

[​IMG]

Fun stuffs all around!

3. Popcorn

Popcorn
    Expand Collapse
    lightly salted

Wilkins Anti-Rap Squad
    Basically just a video game rip off of magnetic doll house toys.

4. Onideus

Onideus
    Expand Collapse
    Taking Down ED

God of demons.
    More of a Lego knock-off I'd say. Cause they'd be blocks, not uber realistic forms like with doll house stuffs. Although the later is also pretty fun, not so much with dolls personally, but just building a miniature house and such. They sell uber realistic hoo ha to put in them too so that they really look like miniature houses...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've actually bought quite a number of dollhouse miniatures, especially cutesy/fun type stuffs, although I haven't really used them for much of anything as of yet (unless you count fridge magnets). One idea I had was to make like photo frame shadowboxes with little scenes and such using dollhouse miniatures...sort of like three dimensional scrap booking I guess you could call it.

You could use that form though too, uber realistic dollhouse style miniatures, but video game related/themed. I don't believe that's ever really been done before (at least not to any noticeable degree).

One really interesting thing I saw awhile back was this guy who took the old 80s board game, Fireball Island and he like textured/painted the whole thing using mostly model train miniatures I believe. Turned out really awesome looking.

There's quite a lot of potential with the form in general, even beyond video games.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  5. meow :3

meow :3
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

meow
    Home Page:
    meow