I want to test an Experiment

Discussion in 'Religion & Politics' started by Dr. Rice, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I've been trying to think of a way to come up with something that would make ED punditry interesting and that would be the numerous and diverse commentary on issues or events. That we all would respond to a story from the perspective of our ideology. While I want these experiments to generally encourage intellectual discussion, we are ED, we do need to be funny.

[in character]

http://rt.com/news/russia-moon-program-leak-502/

And people thought that Newt Gingrich was insane for his moonbase and I say "Nay!" People accuse the Republicans for being fascists and I couldn't be more reactionary. The only idea I like of his was his moonbase. If I was told that I could only vote on a single issue, I would make it the moonbase and waste my vote on Gingrich. Which is sad because I was going to waste it on Ron Paul, and before that Jon Huntsman.

[​IMG]

[out character]

Then I am unsure how it should work next. Should individual EDitors make a single comment to an article-thread or should dialogue be encouraged between EDitors and regular readers? I've been reading the comments on various sites and they are like little debates and I thought we could do something like that, but focus on that with "personas."

2. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
  3. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

I think dialog should be open to the public. Re-writing the article should be done on an individual basis. There's enough news to go around. Anyway if I were to rewrite the article it would look something like this:

The great Vladimir Putin has directed the motherland of Russia to put an immediate halt to Newt Gingrich's plan of building a terrorist laser on the moon. The plan involves sending two remote controlled racecars to the moon in an effort to acquire the first post.

Former Republican presidential nominee Newt Gingrich expressed his platform of ignoring the financial crisis in favor of bringing politics to the moon. Prior to this, he gained attention by crying about his mom on national television. Newt Gingrich has yet to respond to Vladimir Putin, for fear that the 9th degree blackbelt will dropkick his chubby ass through a hospital bed.

Russia has proposed that it will look at dirt on the moon six times by 2020, and using information collected from the dirt, will build a base 3 years later. India has also expressed interest in looking at dirt.

That came off the top of my head. I'm sure someone can do better, but I'd like to see this type of reporting for every piece of shit news that hits the AP.