I need some Hard Gay legal advice!

Discussion in 'Hard Gay Shitpost Metropolis' started by Weezus Christ, Aug 13, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. Weezus Christ

Weezus Christ
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Savior

breakfast mummy
    Home Page:
    So I got wasted and was stumbling down the street and a cop stopped me and asked me my info
    and I said "im not harassing anyone or being a danger to myself or others so fuck off, Im not
    doing anything wrong" so he arrested me for obstruction because i wouldnt cooperate with giving
    my information and a public intox for stumbling in public.

everything ive read on the subject says for a public intoxication charge to stick they have to prove
    you are a danger to yourself or others or causing a disturbance. i was doing neither so i told them
    to fuck themselves.

i spent like three days in jail and i know i cant get off on the obstruction charge, to which i will plead
    No Contest, but what about the public intoxication charge? If I plead not guilty will they be able
    to convict me of it even though all did was stumble around drunk?

It's also of note I was right by the college on a street lined on both sides with bars and everyone
    there is drunk as shit all the time. I think I got singled out because i had a mohawk, metal shirt,
    tattoos and kickass mustache.

But seriously. I always say that I'm gonna plead innocent but I usually cave.

TL;DR

What would you fags do on a public intox/obstruction double whammy charge?

plead innocent

plead no contest

or some wacky third option?

I would make a poll but i am not oddguy.

2. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Tell the judge that none of the other drunks got harassed for being drunk in public and you were singled out due to your appearance. Also are either of your legs injured?

3. Weezus Christ

Weezus Christ
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Savior

breakfast mummy
    Home Page:
    i broke my ankle last year and before i made it to the street i had been walking through the woods for like six hours getting drunk.

4. Weezus Christ

Weezus Christ
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Savior

breakfast mummy
    Home Page:
    HAVE SOME MUGSHOTS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Moscow

Moscow
    Expand Collapse
    It's not just about football

Judging you
    Home Page:
    plead guilty to obstruction but not guilty to the drunken-ness thing. I think you can get off on that by making out you were picked on because of your "individual dress sense" and that there was a street of drunkards that the pigs did nothing about.

6. Flu

Flu
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

milk man
    Home Page:
    I'm not sure if this will be of any help to you, but I was [fairly recently] hassled by a pig for basically the exact same thing. I was stumbling home, really drunk, but prior to that party night I had told myself "no more drunk driving. Even a bike's too dicey. I'm gonna walk!"
    I had my ID on me like a good slave, so there was no "obstruction" there in that sense, but because the cop kept withering away at me with wild accusations of my walking home drunk somehow being in connection with some fights / robberies in the area, I walked off. That's when he shit a brick and tried all that obstruction junk. But I held my ground knowing that I was in the right. I told him that if he wanted to go beyond this moment we were sharing, he'd have to do so in the court of public opinion.

I doubt you'd get a jury hearing, obviously. But you could maybe protest the unfairness of the deal by going to the local paper and saying you were a victim of profiling and what did the cop want you to do instead - drive home!? Also, maybe say you didnt take a cab or bus because you were out of funds. Admit to being heavily intoxicated, but don't eve nudge if the cop says you were anything other than placid. Admit to being so drunk that driving would be impossible, so that's why you were walking home, being responsible.

*ps. can you even go the paper in your town? my city is so small and bored you can go to them and they will pretty much run any story. my town in particular eats up stuff like your conundrum, and mine. But I suspect the 'court of public opinion' threat only works in really small towns.

7. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    • Autism Autism x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  8. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    You're going to the fucking chair, baby.

No fucking way you're seeing the light of day.

9. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Looks of things, you pissed off the cop enough to where he wants to fuck you. And that's exactly what's gonna happen. Expect community service hours and fucking fees. Don't bother pleading innocent, it won't work unless you have some type of evidence of official misconduct - something you'll also need some $200 an hour bloodsucker lawyers for.

It's a small charge, you just gotta take the penalty. There's a chance they'll put you on probation, so you can also expect drug drops.

Calling the faggot cop a bitch motherfucker might seem like a good idea at the time, but it never really ends too well. I've gotten out of some situations with the police by just keeping my mouth shut.

10. TittyTouchingTiger

TittyTouchingTiger
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

This.

No matter what the outcome is in court, try to get some media attention. Police departments hate it when they're put under the spotlight. Especially when it's something related to discrimination.

11. Rock

Rock
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Pretty boy swag'n
    Home Page:

12. Solution

Solution
    Expand Collapse
    Everyone is boring

Home Page:
    Did you blow into a Breathalyzer or give a blood sample? If not they can eat a dick, you my friend are innocent.
    If you did plead guilty and tell the judge a sob story about how alcohol was ruined your life, enjoy some AA time, meeting new bar buddies.

13. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    Fix'd.

14. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

fix'd again

15. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    :D

16. Weezus Christ

Weezus Christ
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Savior

breakfast mummy
    Home Page:
    to be honest i was so plastered i woke up in jail and was mortified of what the charges might be.

i cant remember ANYTHING about the arrest and only bits and pieces of the day. we drank a gallon of whiskey between four people that morning and then rampaged the town.

i remember at one point there was this big statue thing in the middle of the town circle and we were drinking beers in it and we all had to piss so we just pissed in it and then vomited in it and took off running.

for the amount of chaos i caused im sure the charge is generous.

i have no idea about the breathalyzer or blood sample... my attorney has suggested for me to plead innocent until the last minute and see what kind of plea bargains come up.

i dont get a copy of the police report until oct 17 my first court date.

ill be sure to post it in this thread for the lulz

17. Atomic_Joe

Atomic_Joe
    Expand Collapse
    Joevahkiin

Throat Puncher
    Home Page:
    I think your wacky 3rd option is to claim that mustache made you do it.