I am sick and tired of hearing he is the father he has rights!!!

n1bblir

EDF Hero
Found this little nugget by pure chance and thought it'd be lulzy to read.

You know what..it is easy to be a biological father but to be a father or a dad is a totally different story. I am so sick of people saying we have no right to deny the father from the child. I am his mother. I have kissed every boo boo, changed every diaper, bought every can of formula, diapers, clothes, covered all doctor bills, bathed him and tucked him in every single night.

My son's father was "in his life" for almost a year if that's what you want to call it. I am so tired of all these posts saying the child will hate you later on or that they have the right to see the child or I shouldn't have filed for child support if I didn't want him in my child's life. You know what when I have to get on Government assisted insurance because I can not afford it for my son that was born 2 months early and have never had any help from his drunken drug addicted felon father, they made me file for child support even though he was in prison. My son is now 3 1/2 and if you ask him who his daddy is he says his papa or his uncle.

I have told him about his father and showed him pictures but guess what...he doesn't know him. Now all of a sudden he wants to be in my son's life?? He wasn't thinking of my son's safety when he robbed and then set 6 fires in a house right next to the gas water heater about 15 feet away from where me and my son slept. So no I will not allow my son to have any type of relationship with him and for your information no I have not received any of the "$10" he was ordered to pay a month.

Why would I allow my son to build a relationship with a man that is a drunk drug addict at the bar every single night gambling away the money "he does not have" just to have him go back to prison and crush my son's heart?? You tell me how that is best for him??
Lol, wut? Maybe you shouldn't have dated a piece of shit like that in the first place let alone had a kid with them. Wait there's more-

I totally agree! You do what is best for you and your son! How do folks know your child will hate you! Tell them to QUIT watching so much LifeTime and let you do you! My son's dad is not involved and as long their is breath in my body; HE NEVER WILL!!! Some people are quick to criticize a situation they have no clue about. They are simply outsiders looking in! We have laid with these deadbeat ass men and we are reaping the best benefit from it---OUR CHILDREN! They are the ones who are missing out. I LOVE MY SON! I dont regret having him although I cant stand his dad. Continune to raise your son and raise him in the way you want him to go! Be Blessed!!
Mh my dear u knew he was an addict bfr u even conceive or its d ada way arn? Tell your son who his father is n wat type .den tell him y u kiping him away frm his dad n let him knw des two types of dads on earth frst d biological n d one dat provides n support so wen he grows up he knws wats wat.cz hes gn hate u fr mking him col smbody by d name of papa while his dad is alive out d.n dat of course wil help him to mk his own decision wen hes grwn up
I agree. Father's have too many rights.

My 14 week old girl's dad has almost completely ignored her. Plays no role in her life...she doesnt know his scent, his voice etc, there has been zero bonding and he doesnt visit. Now why on earth should i extend him any 'rights' when he has voluntarily given up having a relationship with her? I completely understand what the OP is saying.

A man's sperm making a child doesnt mean anything all by itself.

I hear the bullshit speech all the time. Im sorry but get a clue. My daughters dad hasnt been thrrefor her not one bit. Hell the day i had herhe got married to agirl he knew for 2 months. After the wedding all of his family came to see her but he was no where to be found. Didnt call for 6 months then wanted me to help him get shit together for a divorce. Then two weeks beforeher 2nd bday he got remarried to some other girl. I finally gave up tryin to force him to have a relationship with his daughter. Hes not on the birth certificate and i dont need his help. Been doin it for 3 years without him whats another 15
Well I did not let my son talk to his sperm donor in may of 2010 (which is the last time he has tried to contact him) and the only reason he really called was to see if I was seeing anyone....This "guy" has not seen my son since he was 2 years old (he is 5 now) and since January 4th he went back to jail for Burglary (his 4th time) and is still in there. I hope he stays there and I talked to my son to see how he feels about it and if he wants to talk to him and he said no he is in jail and bad guys go to jail and I explained to him that he is his dad and if he wanted to talk to him he could and he said no I want to talk to my uncle because he is my daddy and he is not in jail and he loves me.
TL;DR stupid cunts who don't know what an abortion is, or have finished high school by the looks of their spelling/typing skills. Here are some more intellgient ones, which are very few and far between

all about the child not about his mother or father right as you don't have the right. you might think but you don't strip the title of mother and father and you see you are nothing but a carer to that child.

you are caring for that child that all nothing new.if the father want to be apart than let them as least you allow the child to see both side . Sure they are going to get hurt by your ex but you know what they know you will not hurt them .

the child is not dumb when it come to parents they know what they like and dislike about them. I tell my friends get in bond while they are young as they are going to ditch you when they become teenagers and their friends are more their family .

if the father doesn't want to be apart of the child life than you just say hey you can't force someone to do something they don't like or they were not ready to grow up . just keep in mind that child has the right to know both side . they will work out who is lying as well. you want a great bond with your child tell them the truth with out trashing the other parent . as in the end the child find out the truth and could turn against you due to you might have stop a visit with his father .
It's good to see someone who knows what the fuck a enter key is.

Wait I think that's the only one- Now I know the date is kind of old for this post. But there have been replies as recent as 5 days ago- so it's still pretty active.

Meth is a hell of a drug.

Arcticphoenix95

Secretary of Fast Food and Sexual Assault
He wasn't thinking of my son's safety when he robbed and then set 6 fires in a house right next to the gas water heater about 15 feet away from where me and my son slept.
And you decided to have a kid with this guy?

Barrabas

Girlvinyl
Lol, the whole thing reminds me of the defense attorney's speech at the end of The Brothers Karamazov.

Anyway

"Rights" is such a stupid word. Nobody has any rights, and if they do, they've earned them until such time as they can no longer sustain them for one reason or another. I guess "nobody has any 'inherent rights'," is the better way of phrasing the argument. That said, having not had a father figure really, I have to say, there are benefits and drawbacks to the situation. While the idea of "not having a father" seems to be universally lampooned, the search for other father figures, and an understanding of them as transitory steps on the way to greater father figures, (and I found such figures in the annals of literature and philosophy,) leads to an interesting sort of "Excelsior!" mindset.

It isn't good to despise your past, since that means you're probably doing it wrong right now, and if you had learned properly from the bullshit you had to eat, you'd be thankful.

n1bblir

EDF Hero
Lol, the whole thing reminds me of the defense attorney's speech at the end of The Brothers Karamazov.

Anyway

"Rights" is such a stupid word. Nobody has any rights, and if they do, they've earned them until such time as they can no longer sustain them for one reason or another. I guess "nobody has any 'inherent rights'," is the better way of phrasing the argument.

I suppose that it's a good thing we don't live in an anarchy then, in which case your skull would probably end up being some biker-bear's coffee mug/urinal right now...

Barrabas

Girlvinyl
I doubt it. All the bikers I've met have appreciated what I bring to the table. They're usually decent people if you get to know them. In fact, I'd trust a biker gang over the police. It probably helps that I'm a white male.