Humon's Bullshit

Discussion in 'DeviantART' started by bobmalarky, Jun 10, 2012.

1. WhiteOmega

WhiteOmega
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Well, based solely off the artwork and the fact that she had to make an addendum, it would have been in her benefit to say so in the artwork. Her description will not follow the art when it's posted elsewhere. Without the addendum and the fact that the artwork hints that the girl has been cutting her wrists...how else are we suppose to know what this is based off of?

2. WeirdWeirdo

WeirdWeirdo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Bullshit. Humon needs to make shit more clear in her comics. Then she wouldn't need to explain herself in the description. Show, don't tell.

3. Betta

Betta
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I agree that she should make it clear in her comics, yet I still think you should read the description first. It will save you a lot of trouble.

Her comic was sloppily done if it was supposed to be read without her description. I think it was her translation of the lyrics - there was actually no way of knowing it was a song. Also, one would think she would at least give the band some credit in the comic itself. That would have made it clear.

Maybe I'm blind, but I can't see it.

4. WeirdWeirdo

WeirdWeirdo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

How is it going to save ME trouble, I'm not the one posting insensitive shit all the time. If you hadn't noticed, she has to do this a lot. "Guys, I totally didn't mean for my comic to be offensive! I drew that guy molesting a child because I want to show you what a bad boy he is!"

And what WhiteOmega means is that panel where he holds and looks at her wrists, I assume. At least that's what I thought was supposed to imply self-harm.

5. Betta

Betta
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Yeah, I guess you're right. She could have reuploaded the comic with a disclaimer stating that it wasn't about depression and that it was a song or something like that. Most of her comics are actually difficult to understand without her description. Not a sign of a good comic.

As for the wrist thing: I just figured he kindly held her wrist, and I think that's what the song is about. Quite funny how it managed to make the comic seem to be even more about depression :D

6. Betta

Betta
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I can honestly say that I've never in my life heard any Swede say or imply this.

7. Shlomo Bernitz

Shlomo Bernitz
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    After every SATW experience I feel a strong urge to collect every bit of commendable civilizational achievement of this region so that I could foster a notion that these countries are remarkable.

Why?

Because every SATW comic by Humon makes me wish I could grow wings and bottomless stomach so that I could fly and vomit all over Scandinavian peninsula.

I beg you pardon for my overedged shitpost. I just... cannot help it.

8. Betta

Betta
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Well, I can tell you about what makes Sweden remarkable. It's basically Tumblr if it was a country. So go ahead: puke all over it :D

9. Ricki

Ricki
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

That's one of Humon's worst flaws in her art. I like some of her work, but it's annoying how I have to read the description to get what's going on. It's almost as if Humon is too scared to add in exposition or backstory. Or maybe she doesn't even know how.

10. Beatrice

Beatrice
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

According to Humon that comic about depression isn't about it at all.

Can't help but think she's backtracking after being called out on it

11. FlamingTofuSquare

FlamingTofuSquare
    Expand Collapse
    Dramatis Personæ

I don't mind if people contextualize in the descriptions, so long as the comics are mostly concise with their points, but with Humon and Preston, their comics just boil down to being in-jokes with themselves. And as we all keep saying, if you have to explain the joke then it isn't funny. All I can say for Preston's shit is that at least not every single one his comics is five miles long.

12. fishnchips

fishnchips
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Delicious meal
    The problem I have with this is that - even if it's a song - humon must have at one point thought that it was a great idea to draw a comic for it. And she did. Without stopping along the way to think about how this could really, really be taken the wrong way. Same with the translation. Maybe it's because the translation is shit but it really doesn't become clear that it's not about God telling a depressed person to just ~get over it~.

That's one of the main problems I have with her in general: She doesn't fucking think. An when she gets called out about some shit she didn't even bother thinking about, it's always someone else's fault. "You got it wrong", "don't read so much into it", "it's just a joke", "this magical source I won't name says so, so it's true" and "It's just a song". And when things get too uncomfortable for her, she deletes shit. She never takes responsibilty for the fucking stupid shit she say/draws. That's what pisses me off about her.

13. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    Thats probably the reason she hauled back to denmark. What she's been doing all the time while in England??

14. WeirdWeirdo

WeirdWeirdo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

And despite having lived there for a decent period of time she still doesn't quite grasp English grammar. Fucking conjugate your verbs, humon.

15. indyj

indyj
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

She seems like one of those people who move to another country and never stop talking about their home country - this might be interesting to others for a short time, but everyone gets sick of it eventually.

16. WeirdWeirdo

WeirdWeirdo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I can definitely see that. Remember how she talked about how quirky it was for her. Like "haha, look at me, the cute clueless foreigner struggling with English customs! In Denmark we wear blankets when we a re cold, sooo unique!"

17. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    However, later, when Jews escaping Germany went to Denmark they stamped their passports "Jew" and sent them back to Germany.

18. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    If this is true, it would be an interesting argument to put in the comment.

19. n1bblir

n1bblir
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

When did she end up going back? There's no information on that? Maybe ladylips kicked her fatass out.

20. WeirdWeirdo

WeirdWeirdo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

She made a journal about going back to Denmark because she missed her family or some shit. Too lazy to look it up myself but you can probably find it at her account.

21. Chickenwithtie

Chickenwithtie
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Prostitute
    Probably because they're the only human interactions she has

22. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    Someone PMed me this-

23. Snake Fuqer

Snake Fuqer
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

[​IMG]
    "A type of creatures that appear in Viking art. We don't know if the Vikings believed in them, or if they were only "gripping beast" (the strange beasts in Viking art that are entwined in themselves and each other), though they are a bit too defined to be your standard gripping beast."
    [​IMG]
    "The Vikings were big fans of drinking, and the cat people were no exception. They are often depicted with massive hangovers."

24. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    I'm pretty sure vikings were cat lovers...
    [​IMG]

Is it just Humon who misunderstood what she see? I think this is what she saw that spawned her own make belief mythical abomination
    [​IMG]
    Sauce: http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vik_pets.shtml

25. ClapYourClam

ClapYourClam
    Expand Collapse
    Oh shit, waddup

Freyja chariot was lead by Norwegian forest cats, a.k.a. the best cat.

26. Snake Fuqer

Snake Fuqer
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

[​IMG]
    This is her example.

27. Betta

Betta
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Vikings were the original furfags.

28. Lou 500

Lou 500
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Really? I thought the Egyptians were. Pretty sure the Native Americans were into animal roleplay too.

29. edward18

edward18
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

The face of Humon's first cat looks like it's uh...got some kinda mental disorder or somethin'...

Also, I ain't never seen any ancient depiction of a cat-human hangover...just sayin'...

30. salmonaid

salmonaid
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Home Page:
    Next they'll be having rapey buttsex.