How long have you been lurking DA?

Discussion in 'DeviantART' started by GobbleDGook, Sep 27, 2011.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. GobbleDGook

GobbleDGook
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Looking at my account, I've been a member of DA for 7 years. My reasons for joining back then were to have the world view my art, and try to grow as an artists with many other fellow artists.

Now DA is full of lulz and disappointment. Perhaps it was back then too, but I was too young to notice in high school, haha. How old is your account, and did you initially join as an artist or a troll?

2. TheForRealDeal

TheForRealDeal
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

4 years ago, joined as a "member" (I will never use the word "artist" to describe myself)
    I was never a troll, people just didn't like what I had to say about their art
    Even then DA was just as terrible as it is now, in my eyes

3. Shlomo Bernitz

Shlomo Bernitz
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Lurking?

I used to frequent deviantART for entire year before allowing myself to set up an account - an event which took place at least three years ago.

What was the cause of account-less dA-browsing, then? As I started to search the internet for new and forgotten shows and cartoons I used to watch, my journey became inevitably intertwined with abomination known as "TV.com". TV.com's community for the sake of fueling their respective fandoms with content and whatnot used to exploit three portals suitable for such a purpose: Fanart-Central, Fanfiction-Net and, of course, deviantART.

As I had some amount of useless drawings to dump somewhere, tARTlet kingdom seemed perfect after wading through layers of poorly drawn fanart.

4. KitsuneFGT

KitsuneFGT
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I was told about Deviantart about 6 years ago by a friend, we used it to just search around for art and shit. Then I decided to make an account about a year later to post my stuff. For the first 3 years I used it to show off my art and such, but then the bullshit surrounding me started becoming more apparent so I just couldn't help but troll on it. I'll still use my original account for art, at least until it gets banned.

5. HyperHominid

HyperHominid
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Asshole Marine Furfag
    Home Page:
    Technically three years until my original got b&.

6. ge5undhe17

ge5undhe17
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Lab Tech
    since 2005, banned 3 times thanks to ED.com's dA portal.

went there for winamp skins in the beginning where dA looked like this

[​IMG]

Oh shit, animu is invading

7. KimmoAlmPhoenix

KimmoAlmPhoenix
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Joined in 2003 when it was a good art community. Not the best but so much I did envy who at the time their talent far surpassed mine. I wanted to be badly popular but I never tried the suicide escapades today's deviants administer to get page views. I accepted I was not that good at the time. But even back then I had respect for Snapesnogger, Bri-chan, bleedman before full pedo, and other superficially professional but weak artists over a million page views at the time.

8. Hadra

Hadra
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

I hit 10 years on my account in July... not that I've been active the entire ten years. but yeah. never changed my user name. and have never deleted any images from my account. It's like a record of how I've improved over the years.

9. Mezzo

Mezzo
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

I made an account back in 2003, when I could have been banned for being 12. Good thing I was a step above the average tartlet and kept my age a secret because I knew what'd happen if I said I was 12. I acted pretty much like any young kid on the internet, raging and bawwing if anyone gave me a negative critique. I eventually grew out of it and improved. I will be glad that I never went into the Sonic fandom. I think that is what made me be able to be somewhat okay at drawing and a desire to improve.

I did hop accounts a lot because I made shitty names and was like "HUURR DURR THIS NAME IS FUNNY" for about a year, but then grew tired of it. I'm okay with my current one now, so it shall be where I reside.

10. Bogus Journey

Bogus Journey
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

being a fucking loser
    Since 2007.
    All I cared about was shitty fanart back then.

11. captainbeefheart

captainbeefheart
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

12. FeelinSoFlyLikeaSK-47

FeelinSoFlyLikeaSK-47
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

I knew about it since I was in middle school. Didn't start lurking until this past April.

13. Synthia

Synthia
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Since 2003. I was looking for an art community online and I found DA. It was still pretty young and I enjoyed it. I switched accounts three years after to have more of my serious art on there and build a portfolio but silly stuff still crept in. I may move again. o_o

I didn't realize there was DArama until I found ED. After that it was pretty hilarious to see who was doing what on DA. That and how the mods never handled serious reports, or even art...I remember the imfamous slug debate and that really made me distrust the mods after they declared it 'art'. Egh. No.

Though I have found a lot of good artists through the site, I really don't venture out far and I don't think I've ever been to the forums save once for a technical question.

14. Thayora

Thayora
    Expand Collapse
    Moeologist

Home Page:
    Since 2007 and I just remember a lot of big drama going on.

15. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    7 years.
    started an account once.
    never posted anything.

16. FacePalmVeteran

FacePalmVeteran
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Five I think..I joined when I was like..14.
    I baawleted my dev. on my very first account so..eh..not sure exactly.

17. Clockwork-Like

Clockwork-Like
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Uh, I dunno, I made my account a month or two after I turned 13. 4-5 years maybe.
    Back then it was awesome to see art and stuff, but now... dear god the clutter. I watch over 400 people... 100 being people I know and they don't post.
    Took me that long to get 14756 views, and my faggoty little ex-apprentice gets on for half a year and gets 10000... (oh, seems she deleted her account and her failtroll account. Do I win?)
    I should have drawn kuro-shit-suji too. But I didn't because I pride myself on originality. DERP.
    But now I just draw pokemon because nothing's original anymore. Plus I'm on a bit of an art block. And money block. And commission block. Lol, my life sucks, let me complain.
    BAAAAAH

18. TheForRealDeal

TheForRealDeal
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Dude, get over it already

19. Clockwork-Like

Clockwork-Like
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

can't, she nearly got me arrested on false charges.

20. ge5undhe17

ge5undhe17
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Lab Tech
    Clockwork like is a Wizard with an apprentice, y'all

21. Clockwork-Like

Clockwork-Like
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Its long and bothersome. Short version, uh, person I took under my wing so to say turned on me and turned into all the things I hate.
    Recently she told people I threatened her with a knife and shit and was sexually harassing her fat ass. And started complaining to counselors and that nearly got me arrested, but I don't have a knife. I have a leatherman.
    I avoided her like the plague and she kept coming at me.
    So lots of people don't like her anymore cause they know she's full of shit and stuff, but the counselors sided with her 'cause she's a fat little girl with a horrible life with a mother that loves her too much and a steady living environment and stuff. You know, simple things.
    But I signed a contract to stay away from her, and so did she. Problem. She keeps coming near me all the time. I always see her staring at me. It's creepy as fuck.
    Think of a chubby little boy pouting because he doesn't get his way, then turn that into a glare... From a creepy fat 15 year old girl.
    She blames me for how bad she is at everything.

So, of all the time in art I've spent, I've never met someone so young and crude with zero grasp of what art really is. Though I see it all the time on dA, I've never seen it in real life till I accidentally created it.
    Never show aspiring artist ED dA articles... never.

From what I've learned, there are actually very few artist who have an artistic mind. Sure there are creative minds and original thought process, there is this quality of thought that is missed or over analyzed. There are a lot of "artist" I've met and they just turn out to be completely dumb and simple minded.

blah blah blah phailed philosophy blah blah

22. Clockwork-Like

Clockwork-Like
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

23. Clockwork-Like

Clockwork-Like
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Things like this sort of remind me of Exist Through the Gift Shop in a way. Being nice to people then they just try to use you.
    She tried trolling me some time before, with and alt account. Saying things like "your art isn't worth <1" and "You need a reality check, your characters are so mary sue"
    It being her, I just retorted it with simple jokes.

but it stopped her.
    However, she got me kick out of my two favorite classes. One class wasn't even related to her. Art and creative writing. So the school is punishing me pretty much for nothing.
    And it really pissed off everyone who knows me since the school is setting me up for failure.
    OH boy.

24. jack

jack
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

lol you guys are both just awful people. it's super.

25. Clockwork-Like

Clockwork-Like
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

I probably got moved because of the time she came up to me yelling her head off and I said "Shut up you stupid fucking twat" right when a teacher walked by. And then the girl said "I try my hardest not to cuss like that at school.(except for all the f-bombs I just dropped before you walked out here)"
    I wanted to laugh but I was kind of distraught at that moment so I walked home.
    Teachers are so caring towards little fat girls, because they're always victims no matter what.
    Did I mention how much I love her mother. Nicest goddamn woman ever.

26. a.t.

a.t.
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

ITT : I was trolling there 11 years before you while it was still good.

27. Dancingfatkid

Dancingfatkid
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Fascist
    Home Page:
    Back in my day
    Trolling meant something.

*Hipster Glasses*

28. KimmoAlmPhoenix

KimmoAlmPhoenix
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Western women are commonly like this these days. The root of it is chivalry, which was never a good idea in the first place. The Muslims in their culture, she could not keep up that behavior for more than a day. And it is like this with other non-white, non-Western cultures, where they know womens' true nature.

Another related note, if you meet any woman whose favorite show is Sex In The City, avoid her. This show influences women to treat men as nothing more than an ATM machine.

29. TheForRealDeal

TheForRealDeal
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

While the first half of your spiel just made me shake my head and laugh, THIS is fucking true

30. KimmoAlmPhoenix

KimmoAlmPhoenix
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Why is my first paragraph funny, when it is rooted in reality?