House Security

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by Spin, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Spin

Spin
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Dear EDF

So my grandfather died and his house keeps getting broken into. We have installed a security system which alerts the police if the doors are broken into. The pigs couldn't give two shits and show up a hour or so after the break ins. Recently a few of them got arrested but will probably be on the street in no time.

In a month or so me and my family are going to start fixing up the place so we can put it on the market to cover the funeral/medical/lawyer fees that we have had to shell out in the last year or so of his life.

So my question is how to secure the house to keep miscreants out?

2. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Bear traps work wonders for me.

3. Spin

Spin
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Bear traps cost a decent amount of money and only work if they step in that one spot. I like the idea but they would probably just steal it.

4. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    If it has a fence, get a really mean dog (bulldog, mastiff, doberman, etc...). Give it a high powered rifle chest rig with a remote trigger/camera just for shits and giggles.

Another fun thing to do is nail some nails through plywood, paint it appropriate camouflage, and lay it at likely points of entry. (under windows, where it would be easiest to jump fence, etc...)

Set tripwires attached to nailbombs.

Post a guard.