Hey who wants some geotagged photos?

Discussion in 'Your Shitty Projects' started by armucat, May 16, 2012.

1. armucat

armucat
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

How many times have you found yourself thinking "I sure wish I had some photos that could be traced back to the location where they were taken?" Well, cheer up. armucat is on the job. I wrote a little script that downloads images uploaded to /b/ and saves all the geotagged photos. Now you might be wondering who would be dumb enough to post geotagged photos on b. The script has been averaging around 120 images a day from running about 16 hours a day. Out of that about 80 a day are unique images. So what are you waiting for? Geotagged images are being posted as you read this.

Some important info about using the script is listed here.
    http://encyclopediadramatica.se/User:Armucat#gps_archiver

Download link is here.
    http://encyclopediadramatica.se/User:Armucat#programs

Have fun ;)

2. Helix

Helix
    Expand Collapse
    resident stoner

College, mang
    Home Page:
    Stalkers delight, mmmm.

3. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    Don't start a trend.

4. armucat

armucat
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

The script has been updated to version 1.1. This includes a bug fix so be sure to update.

5. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    ummm...if I install that, will I get geotagged?

That would be funny

6. armucat

armucat
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

heh No there's nothing even remotely shady going on in the software. You can inspect the code yourself if you like. Just open it in any text editor. I intentionally commented and wrote the code to be as easy to follow as I could. The language is pretty simple too so you could just reference the command list on the autohotkey website to figure out what everything is doing.

We're upstanding netizens here on Encyclopedia Dramatica. Far more trustworthy than over on TOW.

Also the script has been updated to version 1.2. Enjoy everyone.

7. armucat

armucat
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Version 1.2.1 of gps archiver is out with an important patch.

A change to the 4chan 404 page html has rendered prior versions of gps archiver and 4charc unable to detect thread 404s. It's imperative you update gps archiver. If you keep using an old version of gps archiver your hard drive will be packed full with the downloaded images as none of the temp files will be deleted. For now i've patched the script to work with the new html so I can get the but fix out quickly. Expect the next release to have protection written in so this can never happen again.