Hey OWSers, what about SOPA?

Discussion in 'Religion & Politics' started by madh8r, Dec 17, 2011.

1. madh8r

madh8r
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Home Page:
    You have a fucking soapbox now use it. We could do it, we could get the Occupy Wall Street protestors to fight SOPA, they think they are Anonymous anyways.

2. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    Why do we care again? Anyone who lives on the internet know how to get around firewalls anyway.

3. Seku

Seku
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

bad bich
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

4. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

When are they going to just pass the SOPA bill?
    get it over with already.

5. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    Probably while everyone is distracted with all the new games they got for Christmas.

6. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Good.
    I thought SOPA was to distract from Defense Authorization Act.

7. h0xnbl0w

h0xnbl0w
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Dungeon Keeper
    Home Page:
    Y'all niggas living in 1984 now.

8. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

9. Immortal_Cake

Immortal_Cake
    Expand Collapse
    Noice

B.S. in Bullshit
    Home Page:
    Hey I've been thinking over this.

I doubt ED would be affected by this bill, since it uses a Swedish server, right?

10. Weezus Christ

Weezus Christ
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Savior

breakfast mummy
    Home Page:
    i hope sopa passes.

piracy will be much more profitable.

11. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    LOL, nevermind.

12. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    SOPA didn't pass

13. Immortal_Cake

Immortal_Cake
    Expand Collapse
    Noice

B.S. in Bullshit
    Home Page:
    If it did pass I'll end up doing the first thing I've been doing ever since using the internet for the first time: forums.

14. ModSquad

ModSquad
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Professional Gamer
    Home Page:
    You should care about SOPA because it will essentially kill of any internet sites worth visiting (for us anyways).

Since this forum or wiki uses a lot of user generated content along with image macros from movies, the RIAA might get all butthurt and say that "We r steeling theer profits lols" and then they can block access to this site followed by shutting down all methods of donations/payment for the server.

The part that really bugs the shit out of me is that once the RIAA, MPAA, Corporation or Government official makes an accusation on a site, the ISP has no obligation to see if the claims are true or not, they can push the kill switch and then they have no liability over the matter.

If you want the site to come back online, you need to fund for expensive e-lawyers and take your case to court stating why your site isn't infringing on the profits of others. This puts too much power into the hands of the big corporations.

User generated content sites like Facebook, Twitter, Deviant Art, Wikipedia, Encyclopedia Dramatica, MySpace, Youtube, Speed Demos Archive, Twitch.TV (Mainly for their Street Fighter or MvC streams), Spaceghetto and hundreds of other sites are at risk of being sued into next year if a single user does bad.

15. Weezus Christ

Weezus Christ
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Savior

breakfast mummy
    Home Page:
    america is already in a state of severe discontent. if they actually passed this it would mean a serious fucking backlash.

yall are getting all fussy over nothing.

16. Weezus Christ

Weezus Christ
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Savior

breakfast mummy
    Home Page:
    this is like when a parent wants the kids to behave so they make some stupid ass rules they arent going to follow through with to trick the kids into thinking they have it better so theyll shut up.

psychology 101

17. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    I think you mean that it will only kill off sites for Americans or sites whose servers are in America.

18. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

GOOD.
    That's why i support SOPA
    According to anonymous it passed
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeEcoi8kEuU
    GOOD, i am glad it displeased the faggots who are too lazy to get a decent speech synthesis software instead of using L.H Michelle which is included with Windows XP default most of the time, Microsoft Sam has better diction for fuck sake.

19. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    I don't see why they bother to mask their voice anyhow. No one cares what you say in your fortress of solitude while wearing the visage of a religious fascist.

20. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

It's not very hard to distort your voice so much that it cannot be restored to it's original pitch.

21. madh8r

madh8r
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Home Page:
  22. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
  23. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I am actually not at all angry at anti piracy anymore, i mean, people plunder and pirate the shit out of anything they can, and those devs who have trusted people to do the honest thing and NOT put DRM on their games, STILL GET PIRATED ALMOST 100%
    That's the "reward" they get by trusting these people.
    I've pirated before, movies, music, and games, but i buy things still, when i have a pirate version nowadays within a few month's i upgrade to the real thing, all the movies i pirated as a 13 year old, i now own real copies of, why? well pirate copies are always shit quality, and they cause alot of clutter, and since movies can be bought in bundles and save money at local stores, i see pirating as inefficient, it costs more for the internet to download 1 fucking movie, than it does to just BUY IT.

I buy all my games too, i got the option of modchipping my PS2 5 years ago as a Bday present but i declined, even then, 20 dollars and you could get a game of choice out of hundreds, and if a new game was out, just wait a few month's and it went platinum half price!
    i hacked a PSP once, i downloaded like 2 games on ROM format, just to test out the ability, the roms were deleted a long time ago, and i only ever had interest in playing PS1 games i already owned.

I never modded my Xbox 360 or PS3 even though i never go online, i just thought (WELL if i DID do that, how am i supposed to get my Roms?) downloading roms has always been a shitty and dangerous process since viruses are quiet common over P2P networks embedded in a legitimate file and still each game is 4GB at least, and would take a long time to download, and cost ALLOT whether you paid for unlimited download connection or not.
    Most internet providers are cheats anyway, if you go for unlimited download they give you a slower speed, if you go with higher speed, you get less bandwidth which means they can hold out their hand for more money by charging you 1$ a MB or some shit.

in Short, Fuck Piracy, i only know dedicated pirates will sink all their money into getting an internet connection optimized for downloading bootlegged content.
    some actually believe that because they paid for the internet they are in the clear,
    or if the pirating website that offers the downloads gets paid they are not stealing.
    others will just flat out insist "I'm just downloading because those developers are too greedy and want too much money! and besides i only pirate games that have that oppressive DRM on it!!"
    but we know that excuse is never valid, DRM or not, they are gonna steal it.

24. ModSquad

ModSquad
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Professional Gamer
    Home Page:
    Read up on your shit man, don't go speaking shit unless you know the facts.

The SOPA got delayed until next month. Probably the guys opposing the SOPA bill will be detained under the NDAA

25. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

No i didn't read my shit.
    but the more you twist and distort sound the more complicated it becomes to put it back together,
    but if the original voice is that of someone with a nose cold talking through a tissue over a tin can they will still be unidentifiable on the basis of analogue distortions.

26. h0xnbl0w

h0xnbl0w
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Dungeon Keeper
    Home Page:
    The original voice is always a pre-pubescent boy screaming "PWNED U MOTHERFUCKER OMG LOL BBQ"