Hermetic Thread and Smaller Versions of The All

Discussion in 'Religion & Politics' started by Dr. Rice, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Warning, this is a circlejerk thread which will seem stupid to anyone to anyone who is not familiar with esoteric knowledge, but what we are talking about is srs bzn.

@CallMeMaggot

While I do have an understanding of theoretical physics, most of my knowledge relates to the supposed physics of this universe and not the multiverse. Though here are things I do conclude based on our own universe:

1) Inflation theory explains what we know about this universe from how it spread and how it creates new universes.

2) That the Big Bang is merely a recycling program which restarts after a given amount of time, given that gravity is likely a transcendental force that arises from entropy, as the universe ages, the force of gravity becomes greater until the universe collapses on itself and explodes outwards. This would help explain (in my opinion) why our universe is much larger than what is visible due to light traveling. Given that our universe is possibly infinite in age, and if it wasn't, it came to exist from another universe due to inflation theory and this would mean that there was an original starting point. This to me tells me that if existence is infinite in age, something like the The All exists.

3) That it is possible to travel or as you say, pass information, between universes is possible, but it can only be accomplished by incredible technology. My suspicion it requires two miniature The Alls to create an anchor-head for a possible gateway.

2. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Lol, pink tags are too gay to work...

Anyways:

1º Inflation theory is a way (read:trick) to explain why the universe, as we see it, it's so isotropic...without a leveling mechanism as inflation, is pretty hard to explain why all the cosmos appears to be so consistent in all directions.
    We don't know if it happened and why happened if so...and it says nothing about the previous state of reality, nor about the creations of new universes

2º The force of gravity always has been considered constant, or at least till th 90's, when the dark energy shit arised...
    Gravity don't get stronger with time, if anything is the contrary, there are hints that is decreasing in intensity.

That our universe is bigger than we can see is no mystery, it cames from the fact that light has a limited speed.

The consensus right now is that time isn't infinite, it was literally created right at the Big Bang...
    Another possibility, which I find quite interesting because it solves a lot of delicate conceptual problems, is that time don't exist, it's an illusion consequence of causality.

3º One possibility is that gravity behaves so different in comparision with the other 3 forces because it's a force that can influence several (or all) of the parallel universes, kind of a cross-layer force...which is an interesting possibility because if we want to establish an evolutionary model for the multiverse (which I think you need to talk about the All spawning itself...), we need a mechanism which allows communication between the "strata"

3. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    On topics 2 and 3, these are only hypotheses I have read about which I feel they make sense, but not proven. For instance, when we look at galaxies at the furthermost reaches of our universe, they are so big that they shouldn't exist due to our understanding of gravity. It isn't simply that these galaxies are twice as big as ours (which is already very large), but SIX times as large. However, given that this hypothesis regarding gravity is unproven yet, it might be untrue, but given what is observable, I guess I can guess with the best of them.

However, I am fairly certain that inflation theory is the answer. Also that our universe recycles itself via big bangs is a growing popular theory in cosmology. We'll be able to prove it beyond a doubt in a few years right around when we prove inflation theory.

4. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    I'm afraid you have to actualize your physics readings, my friend. More like it's a dimishing theory since we discovered that there's something seemingly opposing gravity force.

And precisely that "dark energy" is what prevents galaxies to get too big, Idk why you say that gravity is stronger far from here when if anything, is the other way round

But that's not a problem which prevents us to propose dynamic multiverse scenarios...quantum mechanics, information theory, complexity phisics...there are several ways to argue in favor of meta-cosmologies

5. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    http://www.economist.com/node/17626874

6. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Lol, precisely that source dismisess inflation as a trick...but then Penrose does the same, but worse...

Dr Penrose, however, sees inflation as a kludge. The main reason it was dreamed up (by Alan Guth, a cosmologist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology) was to explain the extraordinary uniformity of the universe.

I like the cyclic scenario, but being more or less familiar with Penrose work, I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt, and I'm not alone there ( however, Dr Penrose’s ideas are regarded as a little eccentric by his fellow cosmologists, to put it mildly)
    After all, he's the uber-nerd who wrote The Emperor's mind

7. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I do think that a human consciousness can be transfered to a non-organic machine, like a computer, but it will require quantum computing and by the time that the "singularity" is suppose to happen, our advances in quantum computing will not be enough to transfer something as large as a human mind onto a quantum computer that can be housed in something the size of a human brain.

And assuming that it can within that time period, that will not be desirable anymore given that the science will begin to accept that preternatural psychic phenomena is quantifiable and the whole "replace human brains with machines" movement will die, but regular cybernetics will continue to happen.

8. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    vat?

Giving as granted that the Big Crunch is gonna happen, it's at the very least 14.000 M years in the future...I very much doubt our kind will be around 1 millionth of that...

Also, it's completely feasible to insert a human concioussness in a mechanism way smaller than a human brain, imho.
    The key points are the number or "logical gates" and the number of interconexions between them.

Human brains work through chemistry. The same topology made with miniaturized electronic/optical components should be a lot faster and smaller

Why do you say that "preternatural" (???) phenomena will be quantified? If so, it would cease to be preternatural, I'd say.
    More precisely..., do you believe in the existence of something akin to "souls"?

9. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Speculation about when this singularity is suppose to happen is within 50 years. I find this incredibly laughable. And if it does somehow manage to happen within that time, only the 1% will be able to afford information immortality, but I have serious reservations about how possible this will be.

I only called preternatural phenomena because there isn't enough evidence to come to a consensus about what exactly this phenomena.

I have faith that something like a soul exists, but my only hard evidence for this is my experiments with group feeling or Asabiyyah. I also have faith that this "soul" arises from religious reasoning, such as it being a manifestation of lesser Spirit, but I am also open to the fact that this "soul" phenomena can have a secular explanation.