guildwars 2

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by demongoat, Aug 18, 2012.

1. demongoat

demongoat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Philosopher Goat
    so any of your gamer faggots buying this shit? i preordered it so i can start before the unwashed masses.
    i'm looking to either join or start a guild, pvp, pve whatever.

don't know what the fuck i'm blathering on about? GET THEE HENCE TO GUGLE AND FUCKING LOOK IT UP.

2. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

fucking douche jerk nugget whore puta
    Been playing it casually. The Charr zone is fucking awful when your server is dead (worst starter zone in the game).

3. Chainsaw surgeon

Chainsaw surgeon
    Expand Collapse
    EDF's anal hookworm

cockless
    will buy later but right now im saving money for other shit

4. demongoat

demongoat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Philosopher Goat
    who ever designed that zone must have been on drugs when they made it.
    what server you on?

5. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

That, and the idea of only being on one server unless you give them money is fucking stupid even for a game like GW2. All of the Charr events are terrible (the fire shaman in that place will one-shot everyone with a million health). :(

I'm on Ferguson Isle. I need to stop listening to my friend because I heard that server is one of the three worst ones (I originally picked Sea of Sorrow).

6. Lyle

Lyle
    Expand Collapse
    turtle

Too many faggots play MMOs and take it too seriously. Too many restrictions for leisure trolling.

Face it, MMOs are dead. Enjoy the outsides.

7. HeliosOne

HeliosOne
    Expand Collapse
    Chibi Warrior

The Second Forum Saint
    Home Page:
    so in other words GW2 is a no no? I had my doubts after the first weeks drama regarding bans and lag and all that shit

8. Lyle

Lyle
    Expand Collapse
    turtle

Maybe I'm just too old. I've seen gamers' attitudes change throughout the years. It's all negsville now.

There isn't even any drama like it used to. People get banned for just calling another doodyhead or not bowing their head after saying desu.

9. HeliosOne

HeliosOne
    Expand Collapse
    Chibi Warrior

The Second Forum Saint
    Home Page:
    I guess but it cant be worst than WoW and his road to Dumbation with the latest patches n expansions, there was a lot of fuzz about this game and now this shit happens its really bad for business

10. demongoat

demongoat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Philosopher Goat
    they nerfed the fire shaman, he is weak now.
    i liked that he was hard, most shit on mmos is easymode now, the shaman felt like a challenge.
    i hate that they force you to pick one server, it is plain dumb.

if you pick a server and you end up meeting someone who plays the game in rl you have to decide who has to bite the bullet about deleting all the hard work either of you did already.
    fucking stupid anet!

11. demongoat

demongoat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Philosopher Goat
    you are picking the wrong games then, troll on a sony game they gave up trying to police users.
    i played eq1 for years and this dude and i would troll the universal chat chans with spam and saying shit.
    i still have my account.

thing is lyle, the general population plays mmos now, where 8 years ago only nerds did. so now it is full of whiny cunts who are only smart enough to push buttons like a trained monkey and spew unfunny memes and chuck norris jokes.

12. n1bblir

n1bblir
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Basically. I got GW2 and was dissappointed with how shitty the story was, although the instant you complain all the white knights say "go play WoW". So I'm like "Maybe I should, since they know how to actually write and act.

I mean seriously. These people only give basically characters with live wallpaper, when we have stuff like Star Wars The Old Republic. They had like, 6 years and they could've hired more than decent voice actors for the game itself.

Not to mention, no ordinary quests, only those group encounters, no mounts only lame teleporters with a 15 minute cool down, limited spells depending on weapons, which would be cool if it changed for each new weapon. Not only for the type of weapon itself. Only 4 character slots for one server. Yeah, fuck you. Not to mention they do have 80 levels but say that at one point it's basically pointless because the character plateau's before the limit. So why am I bothering to lvl up further? It's like they're users are asking for more levels but they hold back out of spite in hopes that they will play for the "Story" (which sucks and comes off as horribly cliche and corny).

I can't believe I actually bought that piece of crap. Very disappointing get something else like STWOR or even the new WoW pack. Maybe even Perfect World would be better, lol.

13. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

There was drama over this game already? Can ya go into any further details?

He's still slaughtering packs of people since yesterday. That or the nerf came too fucking late because no one bothers to level on the Charr zones even out of achievements/medals aftter 2-3 weeks of the game's release. I like a challenge, but that fight was all kinds of retarded (million health with instant trash respawns and a fuck off attack).

I'm trying to like the engineer, but it's like pulling teeth. And yea, the character intros are very goofy and cliche ridden. I do like the exploring aspect of the game.

The weapon system is kinda cool, but you know some weapons are just shitty even for both pve and pvp.

14. HeliosOne

HeliosOne
    Expand Collapse
    Chibi Warrior

The Second Forum Saint
    Home Page:
    yea massive bans on the first weekend and also the game was not available to be bought online, because they care about the "player experience", more because they werent prepared for the giant onslaught they prepared with all the speculation generated over the years

the link is here

15. HeliosOne

HeliosOne
    Expand Collapse
    Chibi Warrior

The Second Forum Saint
    Home Page:
    http://www.gamezone.com/products/guild-wars-2/news/guild-wars-2-u-s-digital-sales-suspended

16. Lyle

Lyle
    Expand Collapse
    turtle

That's funny, cause buying and selling from npc vendors isn't exploiting. Just comes to show you how retarded things are.

17. Lyle

Lyle
    Expand Collapse
    turtle

18. HeliosOne

HeliosOne
    Expand Collapse
    Chibi Warrior

The Second Forum Saint
    Home Page:
    sounds more like a big fuck up from the developers, but serioulsy I actually wanted this game to be a hit, I mean the behemot called WoW needs someone which he can compete and TOR obviously is not an option and it never was

19. n1bblir

n1bblir
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I don't think GW2 will be either. Honestly these MMOs need to stop trying to be a "wowkiller" and start to just focus on being a game for themselves. I mean even blizzard isn't stupid enough to ban people over something like that, and the fact that the servers were so badly overloaded just proves how unprepared arenanet was as a result of what happened. They weren't even "aware" of this? After all that happened? That seems either ignorant or just plain poor planning on their part. Though it's funny because Star Wars TOR just became "free" this month as well, so...

20. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I don't think GW2 really tried to be a WoW killer. If anything, Anet wanted to emphasize on the players exploring the world, and feeling like their characters are doing something that's worth a shit, and not grind the game to death.

Sadly, they botched this up with the starter zones being buggy with some poor pacing. If I didn't try other classes like Ranger, Elementalist, and Necromancer (the only three I like so far), I would have quit the game on my Charr Engineer because, again, fuck the Charr zone (I'm also not digging the Engineer because a lot of guns suck). My friend completed 2 out of the 5 race zones so far, but he hates the Sylvari zone as much as I hate the Charr zone.