Gaming Genesis

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by Sugar Bombs, Jun 29, 2012.

?

My video game would

1. Be an RTS. I like looking down on my minions as I send them off to die.

30.0%
  2. Be an FPS, because bullets and stuff

25.0%
  3. Have no plot whatsoever; it would just be weird and retarded like me

40.0%
  4. Have bright shiny colors and kawaii desu konichiwa da ne

45.0%
  5. Be a dating sim on Newgrounds that would still Friend Zone me

15.0%
  6. Use the engine of another game I dig, like Unreal, Gamebryo or RAGE

50.0%
  7. Have zombies in it

40.0%
  8. Have vampires in it, because I'm gay for dicks

15.0%
  9. Be based on a TV show, comic book, or movie

25.0%
  10. Teach me the alphabet

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sugar Bombs

Sugar Bombs
    Expand Collapse
    Daddy

If you could create a video game, what kind would you make?
    A remake of an older game?
    One with the engine of a different game that was enjoyable?
    Plot?
    Do you kill off all the characters, or leave it open?
    Side scroller? FPS? RTS?
    Would you have a combat system?
    Would it be a dress-up anime game on Newgrounds that you cry and jerk off to?

What would be the perfect game, for you?

2. Zozmal

Zozmal
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

King of the Shoutbox
    My gaming Genesis WP_000287.

3. Sugar Bombs

Sugar Bombs
    Expand Collapse
    Daddy

Game Genie is 1337

4. Zozmal

Zozmal
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

King of the Shoutbox
    In all honesty though, the perfect game for me would be, a game with unlimited choices. I love games like, The Witcher, Fallout, and so forth because I actually feel apart of the game. For example, some priest was acting like a faggot to me in the Wither 2, so I picked the option that let me punch him in the dick. That type of immersion is what makes me love a game.

Camera wises, I like 3rd person, and giant open explorable maps. I also like my maps to come from ones imagination, with a hint of real world aspects.

I'd also like for my character to have a voice, and personality that I can help shape.

Gameplay wise, I like sword and shield combat the most. Dark Souls is one of the prime examples of games with great combat in that style.

That is loosely, the perfect game for me.

5. ge5undhe17

ge5undhe17
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Lab Tech
    Shank 2 is my perfect game. It's kawaii and it has fatalities and blood and guts spilling everywhere, and it lets you kill people any way you want

I like Hitman series too, but it's less kawaii. I like the open-endedness of killing though. Oh and, a game based on a series that I love the most is

Fuck yeah force powers

6. Khanzer

Khanzer
    Expand Collapse
    EDF official mascot

Wizard
    I will make a cute rpg with kittens and kawaii desu stuffs.

7. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I'd try to make a game that would attract less manchildren and autistic faggots.

Watch my company get bankrupt in one week.

8. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The three greatest games ever made.

Redone with state of the art graphics and voice acting.

Never gonna happen :(

9. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Shit, only one? Okay. Well, the first game that I'd really love to make would be called something really like "The Last Man To Die" and would be set in an alternative WW2 where Japan doesn't surrender. This is where it separates into two distinctive scenarios which the player can play.

The first scenario is the primary one and called "Operation Downfall." It would feature strategic, operational and tactical warfare. From a strategic level it will be reminiscent of a Paradox Entertainment game, from an operational level it will be reminiscent of The Operational Art Of War and from a tactical level it will be reminiscent of either Battlefield Vietnam, Operation Flashpoint Resistance or both. I don't know whether having all provinces (tactical maps) as different or having all of Japan (a la Operation Flashpoint) is possible but if not then I'll do what the makers of Shinobido did and make several (very) large levels (whose differences are divided by terrain) and use them repeatedly but have the start locations and objectives constantly changed. The two sides are America and Japan. (America controls Iwo Jima at the start.) There are constantly two wars being fought. The first is the standard war between the American military and the Japanese military. Then you have the guerilla war waged in provinces occupied by the American military. The missions are greatly different based on whether you're fighting the standard war or the guerilla war. (Not sure how to control the guerillas but they'll be practically independent from the Japanese military. You can only incite them to do missions but otherwise have no control over how they develop. Beyond whatever popularity/power/supplies they gain via missions you incite them to do.) The American military engages in anti-guerilla operations. The standard militaries can only attack or fortify their positions. Et cetera.

An important aspect for the American side will be popular support for the war. When it gets to zero the war is over for the Americans. (The Japanese have no such constraints but they're greatly out-gunned by the Americans in every conceivable way.) Basically it forces the American side to limit their own casualties, to reduce the consumption of their supplies, to reduce the number of active contingents (send them home plus not request more) and to keep taking (and holding) provinces. Also, the American side has nukes but it's incredibly unpopular to use them and it might provoke a war with the Soviets (NPCs) who hold the Kuril Islands. The Americans may also ask the Soviets to help with the invasion and occupation but then they're automatically lose any ability to wage war in Hokkaido. (Plus the Soviets will supply the Japanese resistance in American occupied areas while the Americans will have to divert supplies to supply the Japanese resistance in Hokkaido in retaliation. Thus a massive game within a game will begin as the war quickly becomes a struggle between the Americans and Soviets for control over Japan.)

The second scenario is called "Sengoku" and will be set several decades after the first scenario. The storyline is, regardless of who "wins" the war or how they did it, that Japan has been absolutely devastated by the war and most of Japan is now under the thirty or so (modern descents/versions of the) clans that arose during the 1600s in their struggle against the central government. The objective of all the clans is to unite Japan under their own rule. Because Japan has been so devastated they still use WW2 weapons/vehicles. (Also, some experimental weapons/vehicles that were never used in WW2 because they were developed too late. These weapons/vehicles are also used in the Operation Downfall scenario.) Their provinces are poor in manpower and supplies and as such each clan can only wage small-scale war against all others. They can also wage guerilla wars against each other but instead of only being able to do that with guerillas that they have little control over in provinces occupied by their enemy, they can do it with their standard armies. The Americans and Soviets are NPCs in this scenario and they send supplies in order to tip the favour of the war to whatever they perceive is in their best interest. I'm sure there can be some sort of government/diplomatic dynamic in this scenario in order to allow such a thing. It will be using the same diplomatic mechanism used between the Americans and Soviets in Operation Downfall. Of course if you become a superpower's bitch then you have to do as they tell you and that means you might not be able to defeat foes you'd be able to easily defeat or forced into a war with another clan which you have no hope of winning. The popularity mechanism that America has to deal with in Operation Downfall is applied to the clans but instead of losing when they reach zero, they have to deal with non-clan guerillas (NPCs) who act as the Japanese guerillas did in Operation Downfall.

It would be nice if (because you can't "win" the game, only "lose less" than the other guy) if you win Operation Downfall as Japan then it automatically turns into Sengoku. But that means liberating all the Japanese islands, minus the Kuril Islands. If you win as the Americans (and that means taking all the provinces, even declaring war against the Soviets if need be) then when you "win" by having all of Japan turned into the thirty or so clans and them all being allied to you. Alas, your Soviet nemesis will subvert them to their side and start a massive proxy war. (Even though you declare an automatic/mandatory truce when either of you win.)

The Soviets might be playable as well. IDK. I suppose they should be. Regardless of what happens, the Americans cannot lose control over Iwo Jima and the Soviets cannot lose control over the Kuril Islands. They're basically the mother bases for each.

@Sugar Bombs Your thoughts?

• Autism Autism x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    This with all associated expansion rules.
    Exactly what I thought at opening.

Someone is actually already making one of the games I would make, so I am somewhat out of ideas.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns

11. Fraud Based Economy

Fraud Based Economy
    Expand Collapse
    Disinherited Nigerian Prince

I thought Machinarium was good. The plotline was piss thin, but I can't remember the last game that actually tried to tell a story without words. It was like a modern day silent movie, except the story was told entirely with pictures. No need to even localize it. I'd want to experiment more with that kind of idea. It's the kind of thing that you'd expect to see in the 90's when hardware limitations forced people to find ways around the lack of voice acting. Art from adversity, you know.

12. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Open Sci-fi/fantasy RPG, but with totally alien races you can play with

For example, one of the selectable races is a hive mind, made of let's say 100 k insect-like beings. You can send one of them as explorer, with very limited capabilites, or attack with all of them as a huge cloud, etc
    The resolution of your sight/other senses depends of the number of units present, etc

Other race a is an energetic one, you can posses other animals/beings, and see the world like energetic fields and auras

Other race is a subaquatic liquid ultrapredator, who sees the world like smells or chemicals disolved in the water, and who can change shape and chemical properties of himself, etc

Every one is so alien to the others, that their drives are totally diferent, different objetives-quests-prizes, utterly meaningless and useless outside each race

13. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    David Brin's Uplift series would make a good set for a RTS type game.

It is a futuristic setting with each alien race having numerous client (slave to some) races brought about by gene manipulation for intelligence or whatever. Each race's standing in the galaxy is somewhat determined by their number of client races, so the game could have you discovering new client races or stealing the genome from other races. Then you could modify the animals (humans uplift Dolphins and Chimps for example), like make an amphibious type of dolphin or a chimp that has four arms and no legs.

14. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    A few years ago, a friend and I were talking about doing a game like Streets of Rage, where one character was an Amerindian Ninja, tracking the clan that killed his sensi. Another was an Irish boxer with small tits that was saving money for a boob job when said clan robbed her underground boxing place, and the obligatory big slow character was a Sambo guy named Bild.
    The levels and paths would vary according to which character you played, with the first being the boxing place for everyone but the ninja, who would be tracking his masters killers until he ends up at his second level fighting the other two characters as he tracks the rival ninja clan to the boxing ring and the characters each mistake the other for in league with the evil clan.
    The levels would all be somewhat themed to their boss battles with enemies like The Loaned Ranger, Nikola Tesla, an Unamed Pro Wrestling Whale, a Nazi Dominatrix, A Small Dog riding a Larger Dog, and other such absurdities.

Sadly is never got past the planning and some really bad sketches.

15. irapeasiangirls

irapeasiangirls
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I would make a game for the DS where you swipe the stylus against the bottom screen like a match and then use it to burn Korans.

16. Whatever

Whatever
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Existing
    I always loved the idea of an RPG where you could make choices that affected the plot, and possibly the gameplay. Too bad that every game that claims such a thing usually has shitty shallow choices or a shitty shallow base for a game/story.

It sounds simple, but if I made an RPG, I would try to make it short, because I feel that making these epic long games makes it impossible for choices to make enough of a variation in the game without making the game unreasonable long/too difficult to make.

17. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Hey, I just came with a radically innovative concept, listen:

You are some kind of psychotic freak who needs to constantly take pills because the ghosts from your past deeds haunt you

Only when you overdose you are capable of chasing away your deeply rooted fears

Also, you are yellow and say WACKAWACKA a lot...

Wait...now I realize that's not so innovative as I thought at first

I mean, it's clearly a rip-off from @Bottom Feeder's diary

Bah, nevermind

18. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
  19. Weezus Christ

Weezus Christ
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Savior

breakfast mummy
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

20. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    I was actually going to make a vidyagame called "Around The Hill" using AGS. But since it's remote that I'll ever muster enough skill, time, energy or patience to make that game, I might as well spoil the story here. It starts out as you playing this kid called Jack. While out adventuring he meets this girl called Jill. They both adventure together, being best buds and go far and wide. On the way they meet pirates, astronauts, ninjas, princesses, knights and whatever else kids think is awesome. Anyway, the last level has Jack waking up to find Jill missing. He searches for her throughout all the "levels" and asks all the friends they made whether they've seen her. They haven't. So he keeps searching but finally gives up and goes back home. That's when we get to see the real world. Jack (who's horribly emaciated with the old, soiled rags he's wearing barely fitting him) finds a rotting corpse that used to be Jill in his bed. At this point Jack (in his delirious condition) has a one way conversation with her corpse and becomes delighted to see her "alive and well." He then painfully limps over to her rotting corpse, lays down beside her and tells her goodnight. He then falls asleep. Forever. The credits then show with pictures of them on their adventures, but showing what was actually happening instead of what they were fantasising about. Needless to say, some bad shit went down.

Another game I would like to make is called "For You And Me" starts with a real life Goofy waking up in Disney World. Suffering from mild amnesia he and all the other Disney characters slowly get their shit together. (They even find new clothes to wear and food to sustain themselves.) Eventually a kid shows up at Disney World. The kid is sad that he can't find his parents. The Disney characters team up and go on magical adventures trying to reunite the boy with his parents. Eventually you find out that all the Disney characters are in fact robots and that everybody died in a nuclear holocaust. All the "food" they've been "eating" are the remains of those that were in Disney World during the time of the event. The boy is in fact a nuclear holocaust survivor who's slowly dying of radiation and the reason the robots were suffering amnesia and were knocked out in the first place was because of the nuclear holocaust. You don't actually find out during the first playthrough, which is incredibly hard to finish. (This is to avoid the censors.) But you do get hints via "glitches." Anyway, the second playthrough (and all subsequent playthroughs) have the option to see the real world throughout the story.

21. Zozmal

Zozmal
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

King of the Shoutbox
    Your wall of text is fucking up the server. [​IMG]

22. Sugar Bombs

Sugar Bombs
    Expand Collapse
    Daddy

Title is stupid, premise is interesting.
    Kind of reminds me of A Bad Day for Sales, a short story written by Fritz Leiber.

23. BeardBrain

BeardBrain
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Faith Smasher
    Home Page:
    I remember when I was in middle school, I made this written draft of a Super Smash Bros.-like fighting game for Nicktoon characters. I still think about it present day.

24. Lloyd

Lloyd
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

An open-ended sci-fi game that has spaceship-missions à la Freelancer or Wing Commander, but that's only half of it - there would also be missions planetside or on space stations, on foot.

I've been dreaming forever about a game set in a big, open universe like Freelancer, but when you land on a planet or dock on a space station, you can actually walk around there and accept quests. Basically, imagine Mass Effect but when you launch your ship you're actively piloting it - and the game is way more open-ended, more like Deus Ex was.

Such a game would require a huge fucking budget to pull off and some very talented developers, but just imagine! Especially as an RPG, you could level your "pilot" and "operative" skill sets separately, the possibilities would be endless, as would be the sheer amount of playtime one could get out of such a game.

As a lesser option, I'm always happy about a good squad-based tactics game, but my needs in that department are currently being fulfilled just fine by the new XCOM game.

25. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    Interested.

I would also make a Ico-like game of this,
    [​IMG]
    Grave of the Fireflies. You play a young boy trying to help his sister survive in the aftermath of Japan's loss of the Second World War. About halfway through the game, you die, but your sister never seems to notice, and you still have to try and ensure her survival.

26. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    I have a sega dreamcast. Suck it faggots.

27. Lloyd

Lloyd
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

It's out already, and I'm enjoying it so far. Kind of simplified in comparison to the original, but not in ways that diminish the fun.

28. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:

29. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    I have a dremcast, your post is irrelevant.

30. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    If anything is irrelevant, it is the Dreamcast.