Future Computers

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by Stephen, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Stephen

Stephen
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I believe that in the future of computers, due to increasingly stupid people considering computers "too difficult" to operate, will be something like this.

Right now, you make your computer better by adding ram, overclocking your processor, or buying a bigger harddrive. Stuff that requires at least basic knowledge of how to turn a screwdriver and remove parts. Needless to say, this is far too difficult for the average human mind to comprehend right now. As such, when dell/compaq/whatever top computer company there is nowadays realize this, they will simplify computers.

Instead of all that technobabble like "ram" and "ddr3", computers will be much simpler. A computer will be a small box with several plugs and receptacles. In order to make your computer fail less, you will simply take ANOTHER box and plug it into your first box, thust making your computer "2 boxes strong".

Supercomputers could have hundreds or thousands of these boxes, and different companies would make boxes of different caliber. for example, someone could simply hook up their monitor to a $50 box, and play solitaire or multiplayer notepad. Then, when they realize that they're failures at life for having a $50 computer, they will go out and buy another box of similar pricing, possibly giving them enough power to use dialup! Then they decide to try and play Mass Effect 3 on their computer, which subsequently blows up. So they go out and buy a $1000 box/group of boxes, hook the rig up, and play it flawlessly.

No longer will people have to call geek squad or their friend who knows about computer. Instead, they can simply upgrade their rigs themselves with the plug of a box!

At least it makes sense to me.

2. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I want my computer to be a fembot so I can fuck her and then bukkake all over. Why can't you deliver science?!

3. TheBrickBalls

TheBrickBalls
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Gay Nigger
    Home Page:
  4. PageBlanker

PageBlanker
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

I'm sure that all of those big hardware and software companies will just give up their patents and stop defending their brands based on consumer education and default to your crazy modular white box idea. Seems very likely, there is little to no money in accessories, peripherals, and proprietary interfaces like Apple's Thunderbolt (is it a data bus? Oh it does video too!)

Or you're an idiot talking out of your ass; one or the other.

5. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    I hope the supercomputers can condense walls of bullshit text into readable posts.

Fuck knows that some humans can't.

6. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    All computers will be inserted via the anus at which point we'll be able to communicate with others telepathically via farts. The farts will also serve as a fuel source for the devices.

7. Stephen

Stephen
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Both, actually.

But eventually, when humans devolve another step to where they can't even figure out how to remove a computer part, and are so ronery they don't even have a tech friend, said humans will probably not buy a 2 gig stick of ram and insert it into their computer, due to a lack of know-how and laziness.

Clearly this is the only way.

8. bling bling

bling bling
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

apple will make boxes that are spheres witch are useless because the roll around all the time but people will still buy them

9. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Autoreplicant white boxes is the true path of liberation from capitalist pigs

Btw, can anybody explain to me in plain words how a cuantic computer can be/is programmed?
    Don't bother to go with the entanglement shit, I more or less get it... I'm talking about the "software"