Forex, AdSesne, and other ways to make money online

Discussion in 'Your Shitty Projects' started by Suiseiseki, Feb 16, 2013.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
  1. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Anyone is making money on the Internets? So far, I've made hundreds of $ through AdSense/blogs, and a few tens of thousands of dollars through eLance (it's a website where you can work online). I worked for a marketing firm in Hong Kong. Yes, work-from-home, 10$/hour. I'm thinking of going into forex (foreign exchange, currency trading) now. Anyone's into that?

2. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

(Of course we know Zaiger is making millions by selling our private information to the JIDF. But let's forget about that for now ... )

3. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

I know a person who operated a botnet, had a list of tens of millions of email addresses, and opened up a telemarketing operation where they did business-to-business calling selling "packages" for anywhere from $250-$1000 which basically amounted to sending spam email on behalf of whoever bought a package.

Ignorant business owners would sign up, excited about the prospect of their product reaching millions of people. When the reality set in that these spam emails amounted to no new business, they would attempt to cancel or issue chargebacks on their credit card. However, there was an in-house lawyer who would not only fight these chargebacks, also sue anyone who tried to take their money back.

He lasted a few years and made hundreds of thousands of dollars before he was eventually shut down. I last spoke to him in 09 and he's very well off.