Forbes Names Microsoft's Steve Ballmer Worst CEO

Discussion in 'News' started by Beefcake, May 16, 2012.

1. Beefcake

Beefcake
    Expand Collapse
    Best-selling author

[​IMG]

Source.

So apparently, the old sweaty troll has been voted worst CEO by Forbes. With a little luck the monolithic freedom-hating giant that is Microsoft will continue to collapse so we can all enjoy free software.

2. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    I think you are looking for whats defined in theism as a miracle. Nobody wants your shit software piss off.

:picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:

3. Shinmera

Shinmera
    Expand Collapse
    九尾の狐

ETHZ-CSE Student
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

4. Beefcake

Beefcake
    Expand Collapse
    Best-selling author

5. KimmoAlmPhoenix

KimmoAlmPhoenix
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Just put a yalmulke on top of this head.

6. TrollinRootbrian

TrollinRootbrian
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Cyber Bully
    Developers developers developers developers developers developers....

7. Lyle

Lyle
    Expand Collapse
    turtle

I like microsoft hamburgers.

8. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    I agree with koala. The only other alternative is apple. Do you really want to join the rest of the homos on the college campuses with the macbooks? Seriously I'd rather use a commodore 64 than the world's most powerful mac.

9. ge5undhe17

ge5undhe17
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Lab Tech
    HAMBURGERS

HAMBURGERS

HAMBURGERS

HAMBURGERS

YEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH! I LOVE THIS COMPANY!

10. PJAMA

PJAMA
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Cave Watcher
    Home Page:
    Well what do you expect from a man who sweats instantaneously and constantly shouts "DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS... DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS!!"?

11. TrollinRootbrian

TrollinRootbrian
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Cyber Bully
    At least with the C64, you could play games without having to resort to emulation. But even then, emus on the Mac are shit. Only people that own Macs are hipster faggots that think paying 2,000 jewgoldz for a glorified netbook makes them part of the social elite or those that are forced to buy one because of post secondary school requirements.

12. FuckCensorship

FuckCensorship
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Apparently not-so-obvious troll.
    Home Page:
    He's still better than Steve RimJobs ever was.

13. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    How do you lose 2/3rds of your company's worth in two years and not get fired?

14. Beefcake

Beefcake
    Expand Collapse
    Best-selling author

Even though I hate what Apple has become, Steve Jobs saved that company from bankruptcy while Steve Ballmer hasn't done anything useful at all.

15. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

They were gonna name Steve "head" Jobs Worst CEO but then he died, and Forbes thought it was still too soon.

@Beefcake

Steve did some lovely things when Apple was young and he was too, but like George Lucas, he really turned out to become a huge asshole, sure he still managed to make Apple lots and lots of money, even before he died, but he was a complete asshole to the people who worked for apple, thought he was above and beyond something his parents taught him (or didn't) called Manners and Politeness.
    He was more than happy to overlook the blood that was shed, the sweat that was sweated and the shit that was shat in making the Ipads and Ipods and Iphones in the Apple Chinese sweat shops that had high suicide rates.

essentially he was just a counterpart to Steve Sweaty Ballmer
    except i don't remember Jobs being a screaming lunatic at presentations.
    We have Jobs to thank for Keeping Pixar alive from the late 80's to the early nineties so that Toy Story was able to take off.
    It's just too bad that Pixar couldn't spend money to keep Jobs alive.
    Hah..Hah..Hah..Hah..

What would Bill Gates be like as Microsoft CEO? i mean i know he is a dull witted aspie, but hey, he donates money, does Ballmer and Jobs does that? nope.

16. Beefcake

Beefcake
    Expand Collapse
    Best-selling author

I'm not saying that Jobs wasn't a colossal dickhead, he was. But he was a much better CEO than Ballmer ever was and I doubt that Forbes would've ever put him in that list.

On another note, I don't think that Gates' philanthropy makes up for creating/stealing such an awful family of operating systems.

17. KimmoAlmPhoenix

KimmoAlmPhoenix
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Curious question. Why won't Microsoft ever improve Internet Explorer like FireFox, Chrome, Opera, and Safari? Is it not making IE competitive because they make enough money from Windows?

18. Bass

Bass
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Better than you
    Microsoft actually has improved IE, but as it's the most widely used browser in the net it's also the most vulnerable, so their improvements are quickly made moot wince they're typically cracked quicker than the other browsers.

As for Jobs, the man was a dickhead of epic proportions but the work he did to improve Apple is truly impressive (anyone who can create a 30-fold increase in a company's value in 10 years is obviously doing something right behind the scenes). Sure, Apple has a legion of mindless drones who will buy any iProduct that comes branded with an Apple logo, but annoying as they may be it's a guaranteed profit. Again, Jobs was a greedy Jew douche but as a CEO he was brilliant.

I'm also predicting Zuckerberg to be on this list soon. With the FB IPO barely able to keep its head above water even after underwriter influence it's about to lose a lot of money when Monday hits. GM is probably going to catch hell too, since dropping Superbowl ads and "reworking [your] marketing budget" is typically an indicator that you're company is losing money.

19. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I was making a joke.
    i am not a tech expert, but was early windows really that terrible?
    i mean it did make using a computer MUCH more accessible than the old DOS
    the problem with DOS is that it will take a good deal before you learn to use it, and in retrospect trying to use DOS is frustrating because we have all been treated to easy to use shit.

Windows was exactly what it said, windows, to open and close and multitask drag drop and click, and navigate through a series of icons, rather than a mental map you have to navigate with Ich bein UN PRECISE text commands.

20. Beefcake

Beefcake
    Expand Collapse
    Best-selling author

All of this existed before Apple and Microsoft stole it.

[​IMG]

21. KimmoAlmPhoenix

KimmoAlmPhoenix
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Didn't Bill Gates threaten Xerox not to market their own operating system back then?

22. Beefcake

Beefcake
    Expand Collapse
    Best-selling author

Not that I know of. The Xerox executives didn't know that they had such a paradigm altering system on their hands. They didn't care that Apple stole it and even gave them a nice demo. Then when Microsoft went and stole the GUI idea from Apple, which Apple had stolen from Xerox, Steve Jobs had a rather sad hissy fit.

23. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    What version of ubuntu is that ?

24. Beefcake

Beefcake
    Expand Collapse
    Best-selling author

Reading is hard huh.

25. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    Oh u :windowshug:

26. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Just because it needs to be asked.
    How exactly was it all "stolen"
    A great deal of people use it for the wrong reason.
    I mean i've even heard people say that Microsoft buying a patented software design and using it is "stealing"

27. luvur

luvur
    Expand Collapse
    Integrated Mind

Lulz
    Home Page:
    Yeah, pretty sure they bought it. Maybe not original, but definitely not theft. You could almost compare Xerox's fumble there to good 'ol Ballmer's phobia of portable devices. Guess that's karma for you. :D