Final Fantasy XV

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by uberfukken, Jun 12, 2013.

1. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

fucking douche jerk nugget whore puta
    I'm gonna get shit for saying this, but seriously, Arcanum was a terrible PC, broken piece of shit game (Troika spent more time on the side story stuff than the shitty main plot and making the game fucking playable).

2. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

I remember that game. It sucked. Just like every single wRPG ever released on PC, it looks feels and plays like a Baulders Gate clone. I don't know why people get excited about that style of gameplay but in my opinion it's boring and lacks emotional depth.

3. Killerratte

Killerratte
    Expand Collapse
    Dangerously unfunny

Self-loathing hobby "artist"
    Home Page:
    Yeah, Arcanum ... I needed atleast 3 tries to finally finish the game. What the fuck were they smoking? A game about magic vs technology and they pull out some random god of the dead who wants to kill EVERYTHING that hides behind the name of some old-as-fuck elf that was imprisoned in his realm?!

They actually had that cool conspiracy theory quest with the force-bred ogres and jewish new world order gnomes, which would have been a far better main quest than this garbage. That side quest there sadly ended with you losing because you lost the evidence to a fake reporter. Lame.

4. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Because it's STEEMEEPUNKU, GOOD SIR!! *wears monocle and top hat like a faggot* DONT MOCK MY FAVORITE SUB-GENRE, PHILISTINE!!!!

That game was garbage. 100 skills and 10 stats, only 3 stats and 5 skills worked (the combat system didn't even work unless you changed it to the BG style). I tried to beat some of the challenges with diplomacy/charisma, but no matter what you picked, you always wound up killing the people you're negotiating with because the skills never fucking worked. Then there were skills you literally needed to beat the game despite they didn't fit your ideal build (why the fuck would a pacifist need to lockpick a chest to avoid violence if he has a silver tongue, or I'm a brawler who thinks rogues and magic are gay!?). This game had some really bad NPCs too (Magnus).

The only way you could make this game fun is if you played it as a retard. You could plow through more than half of the game, and the dialogue was much more tolerable. Plus, no dipshit NPCs like Magnus. Troika's biggest problem was they spent more time on fluff and shit than the god damn games. I don't care how dark and deep Bloodlines was. It was a buggy, overrated game.

And yet, if you use the word Troika on a place like SA, you'll have a bunch of neckbeard faggots jerking off to this mediocre company.

5. Aroukar

Aroukar
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Professor emeritus

Great book.

6. Aroukar

Aroukar
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Professor emeritus
    I saw the whole modern world setting coming.

7. TheBrickBalls

TheBrickBalls
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Gay Nigger
    Home Page:

You needed the unofficial patch to make it playable. Troika released their own patch, but it fixed very little - mainly making the pyrotechnic axe a tech weapon instead of neutral. Many of the schematics were in the game files, but not available in game through any means, even with Troika's patch.

It's likely they had a combination of not enough developers, not enough good developers within their small pool of developers, and not enough time for development. All of this contributed to terribly bugged game, which garnered a bad reputation with publishers, who refused to fund any more projects at a higher risk of not turning a profit.

You should have played Temple of Elemental Evil. There was no need for a rogue in your party, because you could simply run through locked doors. Also, the story was confusing, and you were locked trying to figure out how to advance the story next.

8. Hemlock

Hemlock
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Unemployed IT Student and Linux User
    Home Page:
    Never played past FF6.
    And from the previous post...
    Were the developers too damn lazy to make it work?

9. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

That's the fucked up thing. Troika didn't bother do to shit with any of their games. They just rode off the people who sucked their dicks on places like the SA forums (one of the posters did the side stories for Arcanum), making half-ass patches.

It's sad know your fanbase consists of better programmers than your shitty development team.

10. Whatever

Whatever
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Existing
    That's usually my problem with Western RPGs. They always seem interesting conceptually but always turn out mediocre in execution. They're the kinds of games that advertise on the back "MAKE UR OWN CHOICEZ. 100+ SKILLZ," then you play the game and realize that 50 of the skills are mediocre, 30 are stupid as hell, 10 worthless, 7 are good, and the other 3 are broken to all hell, and the plot in the game is usually boring and dry as hell making the choice aspect irrelevant.

I guess it might be weird of me, since I find on the internet that it's popular to hate on JRPGs, but I'd rather play a game with a more balanced battle system and a good linear narrative, than a game that is just 100+ boring self-insert style side-quests.

11. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Baldur's Gate was great because whoever held D&D at the time made sure Bioware/Black Isle didn't add any Gary-Stu faggotry while they tried to tell a story in 2-3 games. I didn't want to sock anyone spare Jahiera in part 1, but in part 2 she was pretty cool (Aerie took that spot to be honest).

Bioware is like Mainframe (the guys who made Reboot and Beast Wars). You get on their asses when they deal with someone else's IPs, and they won't fuck up. You let them do whatever, and their results are shit (their non-Reboot and Beast War stuff is bad from what I remember watching).

I also want to say Two Worlds is the best Western Rpg (fuck the 2nd one).

12. ge5undhe17

ge5undhe17
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Lab Tech

THIS

13. Thatdamnnigger

Thatdamnnigger
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Ah baldur's gate ... reminds me of Bioware when they used to do good stuff.
    Now their games is about putting fags and lesbians fucking everywhere and the ability to fuck them.

14. RiKio

RiKio
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

And dont forget about Biggus Dickus

[​IMG]

Also, whats up with those latin names? Lets try to translate them

Noctis Lucis Caelum: Could be translated as "Light of a Nightly Sky", which just adds more faggotry to his already inherent emo faggotry

Gladiolus Amicitia: "Little Sword of Friendship". Moar like Little Penis of Friendship. Confirmed Noctis´ fuckbuddy

Ignis Scientia: "Flaming Science". His ass gets hot when he is in front of Noctis

Prompto Argentum: "Prompt Silver" His name already suggests that he will be chasing Noctis´ass to cover it with his silver-colored sperm.

Cor Leonis: Lion Heart. Another Lion Heart. So yeah, its basically Squall 2.0: Electric Boogaloo

15. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

That's actually pretty common in Square games, at least as far as the English translations are concerned.

16. RiKio

RiKio
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Hmm, I´ve played Final Fantasy from I to VI and I dont recall reading any Latin names, appart from some punctual word...maybe some spell like Ultima.

Maybe the latin influence got stronger in the PSX installments. I am aware that One Winged Angel is in Latin, as well as the opening scene from FFVIII.

17. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

First thing that comes to mind:
    Gato-on-the-mic.

There's also this where the word latin pops up about 20 times.

18. RiKio

RiKio
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I have checked that page, and from the 20 times the word latin pops up, 15 of those times come from games later to Final Fantasy VI. So I still think that the Latin influence got stronger since FFVII

19. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

Yeah Chrono Trigger is the only one with a heavy latin name influence, but that was Squaresoft. Square is an entirely different company.

20. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Have you seen the names of the races in FF14 like Roegadyn or Miqo'Te (I'm not kidding. these are actual race names)? Miqo'Te is a great household compared to Orc and Pandaren.

21. RiKio

RiKio
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

What we can assure is that no matter how many latin words shall Square use, they wont erase the sheer faggory from Final Fantasy XV

22. endsenten

endsenten
    Expand Collapse
    Knows where you sleep

I believe this would be more like "Quick Silver", after seeing the gun. Fucking cheese, man.

23. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

In Square's defense, Lionhart originally came from the really shitty Final Fantasy 2j, and that Lionheart was kinda cool as a bad guy (He trolls you as a black knight throughout the game until you free him from an evil spell)." Squall ruined it with his faggotry and voice actor(s) in games like Dissiadia.

[​IMG]

24. RiKio

RiKio
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I played Final Fantasy II and Leon was my favourite character.

But with Leonheart I refer that they will be again trying to pop another Squall

25. TheBrickBalls

TheBrickBalls
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Gay Nigger
    Home Page:

Clearly, they're biting off The Elder Scrolls.

[​IMG]

Bethesda did it first, regardless of time and date.

26. minty

minty
    Expand Collapse
    toymaker

i'm not sure how i feel about this...
    wat.

27. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

[​IMG]

makes sense

28. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

irl thundaga

[​IMG]

29. Bass

Bass
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Better than you
    [​IMG]

Why is Square incapable of learning from their past mistakes? XIII and XIV were both massive bombs in the States that the company still hasn't recovered from. At this rate they'll just stop shipping new titles here just to break even on their releases in Japan.

30. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

I do agree that they have their head up their ass but the numbers don't lie.
    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/7727/final-fantasy-xiii/

FFXIII outsold damn near everything, although the numbers are a bit skewed because PC games don't report their totals. US sales are right on par with Japan as well.

Also, new game images released.
    http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/f...-features-noctis-and-other-characters#slide=1